ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Automatic playing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Automatic playing? Reply with quote

The last time I played Fire It Up, I didn't expect to do nearly as well as I did. I made it almost through the solo without missing a note and I have no idea how. For a while there, I was playing by completely eye and not thinking at all! It kinda freaked me out.

Is it normal to play instinctually like that? I can understand if I'd played the song a lot, but that was the only time I'd played it in a long (i.e. two weeks) time.

..or was I just lucky? Because I still don't know how that solo goes.

Bark at the Zoo
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the same thing happening to me lately since I have been getting better at playing Expert level. I will sometimes get through a difficult part of a song without missing a note and think to myself "how did I do that?" It is exactly as if your fingers are playing the notes without you even having to think about it. It's pretty cool isn't it!

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an expirianced rhythm gamer, I welcome you to the next skill level. Its almost as if your eyes talk to your hands (or feet) directly without wasting time with your brain.
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
As an expirianced rhythm gamer, I welcome you to the next skill level. Its almost as if your eyes talk to your hands (or feet) directly without wasting time with your brain.

That's exactly what it feels like! However so far I am only getting brief moments of this phenomenon, hopefully with more practice it will be more frequent.

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this happen a lot lately. It's been really cool, but I only wish I could learn how to use it whenever I needed to.

I've managed to get ridiculous percentages (at least for me anyways) on songs that I used to be horrible at about a month ago. (Example: I played Get Ready 2 Rokk a month ago on Expert and just barely passed it. I played it not thinking at all just the other day and got 87% of the notes and a 4-star performance.)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep this is a common occurance with rhythm games. I remember the first time this happened when I played DDR.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
Yep this is a common occurance with rhythm games. I remember the first time this happened when I played DDR.

Happens to me on DDR, as well, I took a four month break from the game, then came back to it and nearly FC'ed Heaven is a '57 Metallic Grey.

Anyways, yeah, it happens on a lot of rhytm games, although I attribute it more to finding the mythical "zone" that's so popular. And, sometimes, the less you actually think and just let yourself go by instinct is actually better than *trying* to commit something completely to muscle memory, in my experience, at least. It just seems to come quicker when you let your body figure it out for itself than trying to force it to do what you think it should be doing. After you get it down a few times, then you can analyze it, work on it, let it become muscle memory. But, by that point, you're mostly going on auto-pilot already.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as it's been said before, this is a very normal thing within most rhythm games. I remember the first time this happened when i was playing DDR, i was doing crossovers like no bodies business and when i finally got it right in ITG, i was doing hands and avoiding mines without even thinking about their locations, it indeed is an awesome feeling. Hell it even happens to me in guitar hero when i play cowboys or texas flood or something along those lines.
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like that sometimes. I can see a whole wad of notes coming up and i feel as if i mess up cos i go all over the place, then i look at the multiplyer and its still rocking 4x so i feel chuffed in a way, but cant get round how i done it
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like in reading, when you take in an entire word instead of its individual letters. I'm pretty sure it's the same phenomanon.
heartagram312  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love when it happens when i play at the arcade(ddr) i remember the first time it happened it was like woah what just happened, i hope it starts happening more
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think I want it to keep happening. I'd rather know what I'm doing.

Bark at the Zoo
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this happens to me I usualy end up messing up on easy parts of the song cause I either decide to try and not think anymore, or am so hyped I just drilled something without even thinking about it.
TheZ-man  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens to me alot and when it does Everyone around me is completely
stupified by what i played because my friends have more experence than me

I just wish it would happen on the solo for BatM

I am a musican
I play the saxaphone, so I'm saxy
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when people are watching me i tend to do worse, except for one of my friends who has it too. But he's never beaten me yet (cause he's on hard and he doesn't play it as much as I do, plus he sucks at games, took him like 40 tries to beat Sephiroth on KH2 on normal mode so I make fun of him for that, it took me two tries).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: