ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FFVII: The original GTA?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: FFVII: The original GTA? Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/gaming/germany/germanys-latest-killer-game-final-fantasy-vii-229049.php

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that just stuns me.

How can anyone escalate something from (basically) blocks and say "It was the games fault, they were fine up until the point that they started playing that game!"

FF7 is probably the second most famous FF game (next to FFX), or even the first. This is the first killings that I've heard that have come from this game.

To be honest...if I ever killed someone, I would probably call myself Sephiroth (he's such a badass that it's cool)...but I wouldn't really kill someone so...yea...

buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sick and twisted as that was, at least it was in Germany so some ass won't start going after ff7 as a killing game here.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there have been rumors that the country is talking about banning the game...

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: FFVII: The original GTA? Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/germany/germanys-latest-killer-game-final-fantasy-vii-229049.php

After I read that article, it had a warning to the gamers in Germany that tells them to leave as soon as they can, because the situation is not gonna be good.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think thier main problem was playing ff7 on a pc [/stealing from little gamers]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I never did like FF VII.

But that kind of assumption is just dumb. Just wait till Jack Thompson gets ahold of this.
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FFVII: The original GTA? Reply with quote

Metalmuppet wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

After I read that article, it had a warning to the gamers in Germany that tells them to leave as soon as they can, because the situation is not gonna be good.

I think was partly sarcasm, since, well, imagine leaving your country just to play more videogames.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, we've figured it out. All German murderers play Final Fantasy VII! Makes perfect sense now. The country certainly does not have a history of violence way before the game came out. Certainly.

Note: No offense to anyone from Germany. I love your country, your language, your people and your beer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definately not helping the dillusional people who think video games are to blame for murders and other crimes change their minds about violent video games.

Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
This is definately not helping the dillusional people who think video games are to blame for murders and other crimes change their minds about violent video games.

They'll never change their minds - if they can blame anyone or anything but themselves then they'll do it.

Remember: it's never the parent's fault that their kids turned out bad, it's everything else! /massive sarcasm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a shame that none of these "gamer killer" kids seem to go after their parents, who are really the ones that have completely failed at life.
Kazoq  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Werid
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
You know, I never did like FF VII.

But that kind of assumption is just dumb. Just wait till Jack Thompson gets ahold of this.

Hopefully he can't speak German. "Jack Thompson goes to Germany", I can see the news title now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astat wrote:
It's really a shame that none of these "gamer killer" kids seem to go after their parents, who are really the ones that have completely failed at life.

While it's fair enough to also have a go at the parents for some of this, why does the blame have to go to someone else other than the actual culprits. It's quite obviously the two murderers who have 'failed at life' and it is not always the case that children who turn out like this, do so because of bad parenting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: