ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Controller Compatibility Guide - Now with Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! You found what I was looking for. Thanks. I knew it was somewhere. I tried it once,
Delassa  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acidburn wrote:
MY Les Paul wont work for the pc version. windows sees the guitar and installs it but the game does see it. any idea?

Pretty sure unless its the actual guitar that came with the game you need to use a joystick to keyboard mapping program to use it. Aspyr hard coded it in that if it has a different OEM id than the bundled one it won't even look at it from what I can figure.

Now I just need some unlazy person to look in their registry at that setting so I can figure out how to make any joystick work

If somebody would like to do it, go to this registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM

Then scroll through the folders underneath it until you see something that looks like the gh3 pc explorer controller under OEMName on the right side,
right click on that folder in the left side and export it to a file and pm me.

Maybe I can figure out how to trick it into thinking its the pc guitar for any usb guitar.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acidburn wrote:
MY Les Paul wont work for the pc version. windows sees the guitar and installs it but the game does see it. any idea?

Try configuring it with Joy2Key or Glovepie.

kdb424 wrote:
The ps2 has the adapter, the the Wii is bluetooth, lol. Look at the bottom of this page. http://www.wiili.org/index.php/GlovePIE

Added. Thanks for the info.

jml wrote:
PS3 rockband controllers work for ps2

in fact, they just slap a "PS2 compatible" sticker on the guitar box in the set...only difference between PS2 & 3 bundles (that and the $10 difference)

Thanks for clarifying.

Smeddy24 wrote:
Wii guitars CAN be used with GH3 PC. Granted, I have no personal experience, but they aren't uncommon in the Frets on Fire community. You need GlovePie and a blue tooth receiver.
http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=16189

Added. Thanks for the info, and the link.

Keep it coming people.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob on the info. Here are those Registry things that were wanted. I think that this doesn't violate any rules, if it does, please remove them.

Xplorer (xbox 360)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dm0mnulncjg

If you even care......................................

xbox 360 wireless adaptor (works automatiicly in GH3 PC with the Xbox 360 wireless les paul)
http://www.mediafire.com/?elfayqwg2m6

Harmonix Xbox 360 wired Rock Band Controller
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lx1ynvt3mc

Harmonix Ps2/3 wireless Rock Band Controller
http://www.mediafire.com/?d9x4tmsmfmn

I hope that someone can make a patch now.
spazzmuffin  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

my controller is picking up the whammy as the y axis and not pickin up the stumer as anythink so when i use joytokey and play GH3 i hav to use whammy as strummer can some 1 please tell me how to fix this its really really really anoying
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

spazzmuffin wrote:
my controller is picking up the whammy as the y axis and not pickin up the stumer as anythink so when i use joytokey and play GH3 i hav to use whammy as strummer can some 1 please tell me how to fix this its really really really anoying

You should be able to assign buttons as whatever you them to be using joy2key. If you're having trouble assigning buttons for whatever reason, you might try glovepie instead.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Roxas187  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know my EZjam guitar doesn't work with Rock Band. So no it's not compatible with Rock Band.
Nerd! Go play real fake Guitar!
spazzmuffin  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

You should be able to assign buttons as whatever you them to be using joy2key. If you're having trouble assigning buttons for whatever reason, you might try glovepie instead.[/quote]

i can assign them to what ever i want its just up and down are somhow the whammy when u pull it back it goes up and push forward it goes down and the strum bar is nothing on joy2key if i set the hole camand list 2 M N the strum bar still isnt there and i tryed glovepie couldnt work out anything with that i just need a way to change the up down to srummer not whammy or even disable whammy completly
kdb424  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

spazzmuffin wrote:
You should be able to assign buttons as whatever you them to be using joy2key. If you're having trouble assigning buttons for whatever reason, you might try glovepie instead.

i can assign them to what ever i want its just up and down are somhow the whammy when u pull it back it goes up and push forward it goes down and the strum bar is nothing on joy2key if i set the hole camand list 2 M N the strum bar still isnt there and i tryed glovepie couldnt work out anything with that i just need a way to change the up down to srummer not whammy or even disable whammy completly[/quote]

Strum in POV switches.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxas187 wrote:
Just to let you know my EZjam guitar doesn't work with Rock Band. So no it's not compatible with Rock Band.

Thanks for the update. Added.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Contoller Compatibility Guide Reply with quote

Edit: Whoops. Sorry double post.
ParanoidAI  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
No prob on the info. Here are those Registry things that were wanted. I think that this doesn't violate any rules, if it does, please remove them.

Xplorer (xbox 360)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dm0mnulncjg

If you even care......................................

xbox 360 wireless adaptor (works automatiicly in GH3 PC with the Xbox 360 wireless les paul)
http://www.mediafire.com/?elfayqwg2m6

Harmonix Xbox 360 wired Rock Band Controller
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lx1ynvt3mc

Harmonix Ps2/3 wireless Rock Band Controller
http://www.mediafire.com/?d9x4tmsmfmn

I hope that someone can make a patch now.

Thanks for that.. But I wasn't able to make that work... darn!!

I'm sure somebody in this forum has some HEX skillz to see what exactly it looks for..

Please help Hex Gods...
rcjunior30  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockband stratocaster does not work on ps2 gh games. 100% positive
jeremiahsjohnson  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes on playing GHI / II / 80s (PS2) on the PS3:

1) The Pelican adapter linked is not in stock anywhere (unless you know differently). I read about some problems people were having using it -- including no HO/PO on GHII, and having to hit select for star power (no tilting).

2) The item I have tried is the $6 converter from Vista gaming products: http://www.amazon.com/PS2-to-PS3-Controller-Converter/dp/B000OSOVQC/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

That worked fine for GHI/II/80s (and I used both the wired guitar that came with the game and a wireless I'd gotten from Red Octane), except:

a) Strumming was reversed (up meant down and down meant up) -- this was not consequential except for menu navigation.
b) Whammy bar did not work.
c) Tilting did not work (I think -- my memory is hazy).

3) Some people on the net recommend using a PS2 to PC adapter that you can get at Radio Shack. I will try to get one to try it out. (Though I suspect it will look identical to the Vista product above.)

4) I've got the PS3 80GB. I think some of the success/failure people have been having with various controllers may be system dependent.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I've changed the link to the adapter you recommended.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: