ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Controller Compatibility Guide - Now with Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shibby  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody confirm if the 1st generation black SG's (PS2) work with GH3 and RB on PS2?

Last edited by Shibby on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
plautus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcjunior30 wrote:
rockband stratocaster does not work on ps2 gh games. 100% positive

there has to be a way around this... the gh sg's work fine with RB so something about the RB strat is what is not allowing them to talk.

i noticed when attempting to use the RBStrat with GH3 the dongle does not even light up.

any body have any ideas???
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibby wrote:
Can anybody confirm if the 1st generation black SG's (PS2) work with GH3 and RB on PS2?

The first gen Black SGs DO NOT work with the other guitar hero games. However, if you got your Black SG from a GH1 bundle, you might actually have a 2nd gen. It depends when your bundle was published. I don't know the different model numbers, but if you open it up and look at the tilt sensors, that should tell you. The 1st gen (that don't work with other games) controllers have a really big clunky tilt sensor. The 2nd Gen's tilt sensor is a little black box under the main circuit board. See the modding 101 thread for pics so you know exactly what you're looking for.

plautus wrote:
there has to be a way around this... the gh sg's work fine with RB so something about the RB strat is what is not allowing them to talk.

i noticed when attempting to use the RBStrat with GH3 the dongle does not even light up.

any body have any ideas???

The RB strat does not work with GH because Neversoft writes their software to not recognize the RB strat. Fortunately Harmonix was kind enough to allow RB players to use the GH controllers, but Neversoft/Red Octane or whoever are being douche bags about it. So the bottom line is no RB instruments on GH.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Shibby  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... if my black SG works with GH2 it should also work with Gh3 and RB? I have GH1 and GH2, and it works fine with both. I guess I have the 2nd gen one, thanks.
Voices113  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hte Rock Guitar II it's compatible with Rock Band Mr. Green
Jawsers  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the drivers for the xbox 360 xplorer controller, but only the red, blue, whammy, start, and up strum work. The rest of the buttons do not register, is it most likely possible that my guitar is faulty?
dsk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm Rock Guitar II working in Rock Band.
Unmentionable
all the way to the orange button
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voices113 wrote:
hte Rock Guitar II it's compatible with Rock Band Mr. Green

dsk wrote:
I can confirm Rock Guitar II working in Rock Band.

Thank you, thank you. Updated.

I'd say this thread is about ready for a sticky. Wouldn't you agree, all-powerful moderators?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated: PS2 guitars CAN be used on Xbox 360 using this adapter.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Added a universal adapter for XBox360, rewrote the introduction, posted a note about loading GH3: Do Not use the keyboard to skip the intro vids. If you use the keyboard, it will default as the primary controller. You must skip the intro vids by pressing the green button, otherwise you'll have to restart the program. Also added this plea at the beginning:

MODERATORS: PLEASE STICKY THIS!

EDIT: Yikes! just realized I triple posted! Sorry 'bout that
bdMoron  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Kramer work on PS3?
100 Expert Drum FCs [92]
200 Guitar FCs [176]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VOD T3ABG1N
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the OP: It works on PS3 with a PS2->PS3 converter, but you can only use it to play PS2 games with backward compatibility. You can't use the Kramer to play GH3 for PS3.
kdb424  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for your giant note on the bottom of the first post. If you are using Joy To Key, and or Glovepie, you MUST skip the previews, and everything with the keyboard. It has to think that it is a keyboard when using those programs.
mjukis  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read and re-read the original post but I still have a few, probably dumb questions.

I have a PS2 with all the guitar hero games. I would like to play custom songs but I'd rather not chip my PS2. I got GH3 for PC and tried installing custom songs, worked great. Then I got a PS2 to USB adapter which worked not so great, and I also realized I couldn't play multi player that way which is a must for me.

So, I'd like to play Guitar Hero custom songs and don't want to spend more than I absolutely have to. The cheapest solution looks like getting 2 wired XBOX controllers. I read that they were the exact same as the PC controller. But I also read somewhere you need an adapter to use the wired XBOX guitars on a PC. I don't have a wireless XBOX to PC reciever so that's also going to be a bit extra if I have to go wireless.

So yea, sorry for the incoherent post but what should I do? I have GH3 for PC but guitars only for PS2. The cheapest guitars I've found that sems like they should work are the wired, white XBOX 360 guitars that came bundled with GH2 for XBOX
st0len  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm want to use the PS3 Les Paul for Guitar Hero 3 on PC but how do I reset the game since I accidently used the keyboard already? And also, how do I make my PC detect the dongle? I can connect everything just fine but it doesn't show up on the PC. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: ticklingadragon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: