ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Controller Compatibility Guide - Now with Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on the Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar working with Rock Band? Also, I'm pretty sure I heard it works for earlier GH games, but I could be mistaken, so could you clarify that?

Also, how would you activate starpower in the earlier games? I assume they wouldn't recognize the SP button and the select/back button placement is even farther away from the strumbar then on the X-Plorer...
ltwrr112  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the starpower button make the select/back button completely useless?

Also, I think the GHWT guitar would work with Rock Band(it works with Rock Band 2, which ships with basically the same controller as RB1).

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltwrr112 wrote:

Also, I think the GHWT guitar would work with Rock Band(it works with Rock Band 2, which ships with basically the same controller as RB1).

The Starpower button only activates SP. That's what i'm feeling anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Select/back is primarily for starpower. It can be used to go back on menus, but you can do that with the red button as well. That's why I though that it might be unnecessary with the inclusion of a new button.

Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Denmark (Europe) so if I order an American guitar (TAC or Nyko) will I then be able to use it on my PS3?

What I'm asking is: Is there any region-encoding that makes the controllers unusable in Europe?
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody done testing on the RB2 guitar (you can buy it for the 360 separately right now, same with drums) on some platforms/versions of GH? What about info on which guitars work in RB2?
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
liquidwind  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a black guitar used, how do i know if it's version 1 or 2.
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidwind wrote:
No, it's not from RB2. The RB2 guitar looks like this:
http://consolehero.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/rock_band_2_guitar.jpg
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
kippy007  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if you can use the GH:WT drums to play the old rock band for the ps2? I would love to get those new drums if they work!
hotstriker9  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know if those new ion drums will be fully compatible with gh:wt, cause im thinking of getting those but only if they'll work cross game.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24228
liquidwind  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i meant to say is I have a guitar hero controller, but don't know if it's 1st gen or 2nd gen.(to know if it's RB compatible)
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! I've been on vacation and haven't been checking this thread for a couple weeks. A lot of questions have been asked, most of them are addressed in the OP, but let me see if I can help.
TheThirdDay wrote:
Any word on the Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar working with Rock Band? Also, I'm pretty sure I heard it works for earlier GH games, but I could be mistaken, so could you clarify that?

Also, how would you activate starpower in the earlier games? I assume they wouldn't recognize the SP button and the select/back button placement is even farther away from the strumbar then on the X-Plorer...

At the very beginning of the OP is the cross compatibility announcement, with a big, red, bold, NEW!!! sign. Please check the OP, as I DO update it regularly. As far as the SP button, I'm 99% sure that it IS the back button. The GHWT game may or may not utilize the back/SP button in menus, but for the WT guitar to work on previous GH games, it HAS to be the back button.
ltwrr112 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "useless". If you don't buy the WT bundle, and are still on an LP or Xplorer, you'll obviously still need the back button. Again, I'm 99% sure that the SP button is a giant, conveniently placed, back button, with STAR POWER! written on it. Again, we don't know how buttons will be mapped in WT, but if you use the GHWT guitar on GH2 or GH3, I gaurentee that the SP button will work EXACTLY the same as back on the LP.

Zeoilvia wrote:
I live in Denmark (Europe) so if I order an American guitar (TAC or Nyko) will I then be able to use it on my PS3?

What I'm asking is: Is there any region-encoding that makes the controllers unusable in Europe?

Unfortunately, none of our European readers have given me any feedback on international region coding for controllers, so I have no idea. If you ever find out, PLEASE report back in this thread, and I'll add whatever you tell us.

TSorbera wrote:
Has anybody done testing on the RB2 guitar (you can buy it for the 360 separately right now, same with drums) on some platforms/versions of GH? What about info on which guitars work in RB2?

That's a really good question. I don't have the RB2 guitar, so I can't really test anything. Theoretically, it should work with all GH games on all platforms (except maybe Wii?), but to my knowledge no SH users have confirmed this for me. If you have tested the RB2 guitar on GH games on any system, please let us know!

liquidwind wrote:

I don't know how to tell the difference from the outside, but if you look in Briguy's modding101 thread, there's a link in there, that compares the first and second gen tilt sensors. If you open your guitar up and find the tilt sensor, you'll be able to tell which gen it is if you compare it to said post.

kippy007 wrote:
Does anyone know if you can use the GH:WT drums to play the old rock band for the ps2? I would love to get those new drums if they work!

hotstriker9 wrote:
anyone know if those new ion drums will be fully compatible with gh:wt, cause im thinking of getting those but only if they'll work cross game.

Both Sony and Microsoft have announced full instrument compatibility, so we can assume that means drum compatibility too, unfortunately, no one can actually test and confirm until WT actually comes out.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
slickpitt  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NEW!!! - A patch has been released on PSN that allows complete GH/RB cross compatibility, essentially making this part of the guide useless. Oh well, I'll leave it here for posterity.

Wait... does that mean there is a patch that allows you to play GH3 with the RB Strat??
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickpitt wrote:
Quote:
NEW!!! - A patch has been released on PSN that allows complete GH/RB cross compatibility, essentially making this part of the guide useless. Oh well, I'll leave it here for posterity.

Wait... does that mean there is a patch that allows you to play GH3 with the RB Strat??

Oh... hang on, I may have gotten excited with that last announcement. I know that LP (and any other PS3 GH guitar) is now usable on RB, can anyone confirm if the PS3 strat is usable on GH?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:

Zeoilvia wrote:

Unfortunately, none of our European readers have given me any feedback on international region coding for controllers, so I have no idea. If you ever find out, PLEASE report back in this thread, and I'll add whatever you tell us.

Thanks a lot .. I think I will wait for GH:WT to be released and see afterwards if I still need a new controller
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: