Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Guitar USB Adapters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asthepenguinfly  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Guitar USB Adapters Reply with quote

I feel like many people are off searching for USB adapters for their guitar hero guitars. In the interests of consolidating the knowledge found in pursuit of such lofty endeavors, I have created this thread for the express intent of having people post their findings. What brand adapter, whether the whammy bar works with it, where to find one, etc.

So here goes, in my search for an adapter that supports the whammy bar, I have come across a grand total of ONE. The Super Dual Box Pro by mayflash.

However, there lies a problem in this, it's supposed to recognize two controllers (It has two ports etc), but it will only ever recognize one once the drivers are installed (before installation it recognizes both controllers but buttons carry from one guitar to another. Aka, I hit fret one on my controller, so does the other controller thats plugged in... Magical, I know.) Now sure, multiplayer has yet to be supported by any of the ports to pc (that I know of) but surely we want to be able to use two controllers in the future? I've emailed mayflash about this, but I doubt I'll get much beyond "that's strange it works for us." Though, this seems to be an extremely common problem on the stepmania sites etc. You can find this with a simple search. Play asia has them, though shipping might take a while. I bought mine off of ebay for like... 14 dollars including shipping.

The EMS USB 2 is also meant to support two controllers and is recommended by stepmania. It does NOT recognize the whammy bar but it is a relatively solid device and works well. I've emailed ems about adding support for an analog mode to their drivers (it seems this is the only thing that is required for the whammy bar to work), but I'm not sure what they'll respond with. This can also be found on play asia, and I'm sure it can be found on ebay as well if you want to avoid the long wait involved with international shipping.

I know tbald has a working usb adapter, as it shows the whammy bar being used in his video, hopefully he can weigh in on this. If anyone has any ideas, by all means post them, we need to get a database of sorts going.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Radioshack PS2 TO USB adaptor that I imagine is very common. Whammy bar does NOT work, other than that, the adaptor works really well.
Riz  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio Shack cheapie for the win here as well.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a smart joy plus and it does NOT support whammy bar
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rock the RadioShack PS2 to USB Adapter as well. I'd be interested in finding a USB adapter that would work with the SG in the PS3 though.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
Raldios  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImaCarrot1 wrote:
I use the Radioshack PS2 TO USB adaptor that I imagine is very common. Whammy bar does NOT work, other than that, the adaptor works really well.
Fuck no isn't, they discontinued them. I have to order mine on ebay.
Rgw20014life  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say a super dualbox pro works what about a super dual box advance?
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-PC-USB-Gamepad-Converter/dp/B000F6BGXY/sr=1-1/qid=1169640270/ref=sr_1_1/104-8363352-3061520?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raldios wrote:
ImaCarrot1 wrote:
Fuck no isn't, they discontinued them. I have to order mine on ebay.

Cool. I have a discontinued item.

Radio Shack FTW on this one. Nobody needs to whammy anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the super dual box advance might work... It says on mayflash that it supports analog mode. But it's a question of whether or not it allows you to turn it on in the driver. Does anyone else know about this?
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, who needs whammy. I have the Radio Shack one, too. I do get a small amount of lag, but I don't know whether it's from the adapter, or from my LCD monitor.

Raldios  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the redoctane one hold up?
Razielillo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super Joybox 3 PRO (the same that Super Dualbox pro, but with only one port) supports analog mode too. It's on play-asia.
zzzzzz  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i went to radioshack with a friend today and they still had them there, radioshack brand 11$. I wish i would have bought one but i already won an ebay auction online for like 7$ with shipping, so ill just have to wait. Plus mine has 2slots, not 1 !
tensuke  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the KiKy X-Series Game Pad Converter and I believe it supports the Whammy Bar. It also works with two controllers, if you have two converters...I think I got it for like $15.
Polly  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the GAME branded adapter (don't think the actually make the controller, but they sell it in their stores under their name though.) and i think it's something similar to the radioshack adapter (radioshack doesn't have any stores in sweden) and it works totally fine for me, except the whammy bar, but i don't know if i installed the drivers properly yet. If you want the whammy bar to work, what type of controller should it be set up as in the control-panel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: