ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
eddaket - GHL Advanced 42/42 1st Places!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay for TTFAF medium FC. that song is a pain in the ass with so many stupidly charted sections

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
eddaket  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit I play expert.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought I'd be the only one who struggled with Cherry Pie so much that it had to be #50

Given that you've destroyed all before you on hard, it was about time you started venturing onto the expert difficulty a little more. Here's to more GH2 haxery!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay more expert FCs, and yay for GH2 FCs .
Seeing as how you just got PBFO and FoP (And a few others) rather quickly , I think that you'll probably be able to knock out at least 5 of those other ones without TOO much of a hassle.

Perhaps you're just insanely good at H18 and inst, but easier than TLTB? Most people would disagree :P.

Anywho, nice job on the FCs and good luck on the next bunch!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was quick... on to 60?

arvain  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey It's good that you added "for me to do" in your list of fc's left to get, in order of difficulty, because Thunderhorse, OFTR and KitN made my teeth grind

eddaket wrote:
Any tips are greatly appreciated ^__^

Somehow, me giving you tips sounds wrong So I'll just request that you go get those 3 songs (and Gemini too, if it's so doable for you ) like... today.

gogogo !!

Also, PBFO and FoP are pretty awesome I can see 60 happening soon. very soon :P
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I didn't think I'd ever know 2 people who'd get Cherry Pie as FC #50 (lol psx).

If you FC everything else in your order, I'd say you'll probably be the first person ever to leave Six for last. I know it's a bastard, but I guess you must a tapping genius or something if you put it after Jordan. I also agree with JohnnyGrey that you might be overrating TLTB just a tad. Trogdor is something you've dealt with on Hard, so you know what you're in for there.

For Gemini I quickly downstrum the 2 chords in the X and try to use the HOPOs as fast as I can, and then hope the outro cooperates. For Carry Me Home just practice Verse 1 and the solo until you find a method of hitting it you prefer, I remember never hitting it at all until the day I FC'd it.

Most of these are overdue for you, I'd say. I was wondering why I saw KitN still on your un-FC'd list, but apparently it's FC #51 according to your op now? I don't think One for the Road will be un-FC'd for you for much longer, too.

Oh, and Psychobilly is still one of my favorites, nice job nailing that. Can't wait to see a bunch more GH2X fall quickly, so good luck on those face-melters!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psx - I admit I saved it for 50, but it honestly would have been about 45 if I didn't. That solo just would not hit itself, lol.

JohnnyGrey - I love GH2 but my disc was terrible. I went to GameStop on Friday and bought a used copy for like $2, so I get to play it all again. It's not that I'm good at H18 or Inst, it's just that I am so bad at strumming in this game. That's why Six is last and TLTB is where it is. I'm sure I'll get the strumming down, but right now it's just bad.

SlasherManEXE - Of course! I want to get to 55 before I leave next weekend for a few days, and then 60 soon.

arvain - All three of those suck so bad. Luckily I got two of them (TH and KitN) without two much trouble, but they were still a bitch. Gemini I was really good at on Saturday, FCing past the X like 3 times, but yesterday I couldn't hit it at all. Maybe today will be more lucky?

dramacomic - Like I said to JohnnyGrey, I probably won't leave Six for last, I am just so bad at strumming. On top of that, I can't hit the main riff of Six to save my life! All the points I get on that song are from the solo. I'll try what you suggested for Gemini, and I should get that, OftR and Free Bird really soon. 55 is looking easier and easier.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bird FC!
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I keep yelling at you on IRC, telling you that for a guy who's FCed GH1H, you should have FAR more than 14 FCs on expert (and at least you finally got off that number, hah!). Here's a short list of easy songs to plug through now that you've gotten over the chords of beastitude that you call Sail Your Ship By:

More Than A Feeling, Sharp Dressed Man, Unsung, Callout, Even Rats.

That's just 5 songs you should be able to get in your sleep, and that'll get you to your next arbitrary milestone of 20 in the game. There's plenty more you could get past those, but maybe just getting through some of the really simple stuff might get you back into the groove of things and then you can start tackling other more difficult songs that should still be WELL within your reach. Honestly, you should probably be in your 30s in GH1X in the very least.

Also you're going to have to stop copying my order of GH2X FCs. Same #50, same #53. So in theory you'll have to get the same #56 as I: Carry Me Home, which means you're gonna have to find 3 songs before that! As much as you hate it, One For The Road still sticks out like a sore thumb, so hop to it!

Anyway, nice job knocking off Free Bird! Here's to more expert success in the very near future!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH1:
Iron Man - The solo can be quite difficult to get down.
You Got Another Thing Comin' - Two hard parts: the solo and the outro. Nothing insane though.
Symphony Of Destruction - Solo is pretty tricky.
Spanish Castle Magic - Solos are tricky and weird.
Ace Of Spades - Triplets at the end are annoying, the rest is manageable.
Crossroads - Lots of solos, and a couple fast triplet bits thrown in the mix.
Godzilla - Lots of solos but none of them are really that hard, it just takes some practice.
Texas Flood - Skip this one.
Frankenstein - You might want to keep this one for later. It's still the easiest of the 7 hardest.
Cowboys From Hell - Skip.
Bark At The Moon - >_>
Fire It Up - >__>
Cheat On The Church - This song is great practice for good timing in GH1. Seriously. Pretty much everything is straightforward, you just have to be precise.
All Of This - Chord changes in the solo are annoying but the speed is consistent 8th triplets. The hard part is the fast bit after that.
Decontrol - Skip.
Fly On The Wall - The outro is hard, you have to get used to the strumming engine.
Get Ready 2 Rokk - Skip.

The ones that I didn't mention are mere formalities, I guess.

GH2:
Carry Me Home - Assuming you got Free Bird, this should fall soon enough.
Beast And The Harlot - Nope.
Institutionalized - Keep this one for later. Pretty sure you can get it though.
Misirlou - Depends if you're any good at strumming.
Hangar 18 - Skip this one as well.
Gemini (100%) - FC next time?
Jordan - Nope...
One For The Road - This one is just about getting used to the strumming engine.
Six - Keep it for later. Shouldn't be too hard though.
The Light That Blinds - This one too.
Trogdor - Hmm... swapmagic? Assuming you got it on Hard, you're definitely capable of this...

80s:
Because It's Midnite - Skip.
Ballroom Blitz - Skip.
Play With Me - This one is tough but doable. It's a matter of learning everything and not choking. Probably a little bit above your current skill level though, dunno.

GH3:
Raining Blood - Not sure about this one. Are you good at trills/tapping?
One - Skip.
The Way It Ends - You can get this one if you grind it.
Through The Fire And Flames - Nope.

So the obvious skips for now are:
- 6 songs in GH1 (TF, CFH, BATM, FIU, Decontrol, GR2R)
- 3 songs in GH2 (BATH, H18, Jordan)
- 2 songs in 80s (BIM, BB)
- 2 songs in GH3 (One, TTFAF)

...which brings you to a total of 198/211. Once you reach that step you can see if you're any surprisingly good at some of the above 13 songs.

But heh, don't push yourself too much. At first you should locate the easier ones that match your skillset according to my descriptions. I believe you could easily reach 170 FCs only with GH1, and even 180 with some more serious effort.

Have fun grinding!

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
BlakePlaysGH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just try each song and just skip the ones you know you can't get... and then when you get all the songs you can FC, work on the harder ones. I wouldn't just skip all the hard songs right away though. Sometimes the hard songs aren't really as hard as people say they are lol.

The ideal FC'es for 200 are probably something like this:
43/47
60/64
28/30
68/70
200/211

but then again, sometimes you are better at one game and worse at another so it really depends.

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These should go fairly painlessly:

GH1:
Infected
More Than A Feeling
Sharp Dressed Man
Heart Full Of Black
Cochise
Unsung
No One Knows
Ace Of Spades
The Breaking Wheel
Callout
Even Rats
Farewell Myth

GH2:
One For The Road

These are probably more in the "take a whole day of effort" range, plus or minus a little bit depending on your individual strengths and weaknesses:

GH1:
You Got Another Thing Comin'
Iron Man
Thunder Kiss 65
Smoke On The Water
Ziggy Stardust
Take It Off
Crossroads
Godzilla
All Of This

GH2:
Carry Me Home
Gemini

These are do-able, but will take lots of practice and more than a few days of work:

GH1:
Symphony Of Destruction
Spanish Castle Magic
Cheat On The Church
Fly On The Wall

GH2:
Institutionalized
Six
The Light That Blinds

80s:
Play With Me

GH3:
The Way It Ends

Try your hand at these once you get everything else and if you feel like torturing yourself:

GH1:
Texas Flood
Frankenstein
Cowboys From Hell
Bark At The Moon
Fire It Up
Get Ready 2 Rokk
Decontrol

GH2:
Misirlou
Beast And The Harlot
Hangar 18
Jordan
Trogdor

80s:
Because It's Midnite
Ballroom Blitz

GH3:
Through The Fire And Flames
Raining Blood
One

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCed all the songs psx mentioned and now I am going through with ones I know are either easy or similar to their hard chart (FotW), which I have obviously already FCed. Things are definitely looking good.

Also that really good potential FC coming... Should be good lol
eddaket  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BLjuunU45Q

Decided I should try the harder songs and see how I do. Literally 3 runs later...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 75 of 77

Jump to: