ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
OMG why don't you play a real guitar!!!!111!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fug  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the stupidest idea ever. Like HellAshes said, if your holding a real guitar, why not play real music?

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
mike12361  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a wannabe guitar hero i have an electric guitar gathering dust 'cos lessons are always too boring and expensive, gh3 kept me amused for a while but now i wanna start learning the real thing again. this game looks perfect for me and people in my situation - happy days but i bet that we in the uk get it last as per usual!!! anyone know of a similar game for usb drum machine?
itzme10  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah looks kinda dumb but i saw it a long time ago and havent seen anything about it, but the guitars they show are SO cool!
KyxNL  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cauze i love games, and i'm don't got rythm at all, but i beat my sis with guitar hero (my sis plays guitar since she was 4xD)! Lawl

100% Expert:
Walk This Way (run DMC version) []
Cliffs of Dover []

If anyone has an idea for more goals PM me plz! =D
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImaCarrot wrote:
Snarky attitude aside; yes, they are trying to teach people how to play guitar by introducing the concepts to them in a now highly recognizable gaming format.

Oooooooooooo. Sounds like and easy and fun way to learn how to play an actual guitar. If I do get a guitar, then this 'game' I will be picking up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how many people are talking down on this. You all play guitar hero? Really, no one sees how funny that is?

A real musician wouldn't knock this game as it could be a way for people to get interested in playing music. Also, some individuals may be able to learn faster or understand concepts better using this game while having FUN. You know, the reason you play guitar hero or play realtar or anything.

So all the "real" guitarists saying this game sucks or the concept is pointless, even before it comes out, should take the foots out of your mouth and think before you post. You look like great guys.

The Moar You Know ...
Svenshinhan  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my two cents:

I think Guitar Rising has the potential to be really great, like ImaCarrot has already said. I haven't played it myself, but it really appeals to me. I play Guitar Hero, and I really LOVE the games, but I ALSO like to play real guitar. Thing is, I'm a beginner and I'll be damned if I pay large sums of money per hour for a teacher. So I've been teaching myself through various guitar learning sites (and my dad's giving me pointers every now and then) and am moderately successful.

A "game" like Guitar Rising would be excellent for someone like me. An almost ideal way of learning to play the guitar.

It's not meant for:
- people who only want to play a game and not real guitar (that's what GH and Rock Band are for)
- people who are already real Rock Gods

For everyone in between those two extremes (people who want to learn to play guitar or are still learning/improving), this might be really great software. True, it requires a real guitar, which can be pricey, but I think it's a safe bet that the target audience for this "game" already have a guitar or were going to get one eventually anyway.

I can certainly understand why Guitar Rising is only interesting to a relatively small group of people, but for those people it might just be the greatest thing ever, depending on how the finished product turns out. I know I'll be keeping my eye on it anyway.
Nailuj  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes... the release date has been updated to "2009"...

Ehh... I'm still deciding weather to get it or not... I don't know almost all of the songs on there, however, once I learn most of those songs I can probably just read the tabs to other songs.

Here is the confirmed song list so far (Seen from the video and on this thread):

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water
Stereo 360 - Automatic
The Providence - Certain Words in Uncertain Times
Telescope - Green
Even the Odd - It's Over
K-Ration - Mental
Anything but Joey - Miss Mary Mack
Casey Maxwell - On With the Show

Maybe someone who has maybe beta tested this game can fill us in on more of the setlist... hmm?
LittleBigStar  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleBigStar allows you to play real guitars (or other real instruments), midi instruments and game controllers. It imports real tabulature and audio files. It even doubles as a free guitar-syntheziser and will have multiplayer and a score sheet interface as well.

Currently, I'm looking for people interested in helping with testing, design and ideas.

Please check it out: http://LittleBigStar.net
RhythmBastard  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait until the final songlist is out before I make a buying decision. It sounds similiar to (CAN'T PLUG HERE THIS IS MY SIG COUNTRY), but I think what sets it above guitar teaching programs and tabs is actual feedback.

There are such things as "scores to beat" and more notes. People progress better when they have something tangible to work with, and can see results. That's why we get hooked in the first place.

I am keeping one eye on LittleBigStar too...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: DtotheG88
MFazio23  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm a terrible guitarist in real life, this could be a nice too for learning stuff.

It'll probably be easy enough to make custom songs that don't suck, too.
jamesohoh7  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

habitat wrote:
It's funny how many people are talking down on this. You all play guitar hero? Really, no one sees how funny that is?

lol, dude, spot-friggin-on! Even 'The Mighty Monarch' made fun of his 'minions' playing "a little plastic baby guitar".

Quote:

A real musician wouldn't knock this game as it could be a way for people to get interested in playing music. Also, some individuals may be able to learn faster or understand concepts better using this game while having FUN. You know, the reason you play guitar hero or play realtar or anything.

So all the "real" guitarists saying this game sucks or the concept is pointless, even before it comes out, should take the foots out of your mouth and think before you post. You look like great guys.

The Moar You Know ...

I'm in -no- way a real musician, but I have played guitar for 25+ years... purely self-taught... bad habits and everything.

The guitar hero crowd has no idea how much harshess was heaped upon them by guitarists when the game first came out. I swore to hell I would never play a tiny, plastic, 5-button guitar. Didn't even try the game until GH3 had been out for like 6 months. No, not -every- guitarist said as much, but many did... let's just say I didn't know any guitarists that thought highly of GH1 when it came out.

I eventually tried it, and I do like playing. I finally had to admit it was fun... especially in a group-gathering situation (where RB excelled even more).

I can't wait to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth when 'seasoned' GH experts get sore and bloody fingers from trying to play an actual guitar. The frustration levels will be through the roof... suddenly, your finger position matters in more than one dimension... and over a much further range of lateral travel... and your picking matters -way- more. Not 'hating', just callin' it ahead of time (or maybe behind?.. is this game even out yet?)

So, I think this game could be fun and a 'fun' teaching mechanism... especially if it teaches a person music notation and not just tab.
peacelovetequila  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesohoh7 wrote:

I can't wait to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth when 'seasoned' GH experts get sore and bloody fingers from trying to play an actual guitar. The frustration levels will be through the roof... suddenly, your finger position matters in more than one dimension... and over a much further range of lateral travel... and your picking matters -way- more. Not 'hating', just callin' it ahead of time (or maybe behind?.. is this game even out yet?)

Many 'seasoned' GH experts do play an actual guitar, troll.

And I actually started playing a real guitar after I got good at Guitar Hero, and found it was easier to play a real guitar now than it was when I first practiced six years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: