Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ultimate band
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heylookimaninja  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: ultimate band Reply with quote

i dont know if anyone has heard this yet but disney is making their own version of rock band called ultimate band.

Quote:
Disney Interactive Studios' Fall Line Studio has announced that its first game, Ultimate Band, will be coming to the Nintendo Wii and the DS. This collaboration between Fall Line and London-based music consultants Radial Music is scheduled for release during the 2008 holiday season.

If you're a fan of Harmonix' Rock Band (Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3) and Neversoft's Guitar Hero games (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, PC, PS2), then you're sure to enjoy Ultimate Band on either platform. In the Nintendo Wii version of the game, you'll be able to advance your music career and popularity and realize your dream of becoming a rock star by either building your own band or jamming alone in front of an international audience at famous venues. Character customization is also an option in this version of Ultimate Band.

Disney Interactive Studios' senior VP for global marketing, Craig Relyea, tells you more about the game:

And whether they choose guitar, drums, bass or front man, members don’t need to buy costly, single-function peripherals to play their way through Ultimate Band’s deep song list, dynamic venues, and customizable characters. The Wii Remote and DS stylus are the only tools they’ll need to reach rock stardom in Ultimate Band.

The Nintendo DS version of Ultimate Band on the other hand is a rhythm-based music game where you get also get to play any of the instruments. Using the touchscreen and the stylus, you'll be able to create original songs and tracks for any of the instruments. This version will include DGamer functionality, allowing you to engage with others in an online community over ad hoc or Wi-Fi.

Disney boasts of Ultimate Band's perfect song list. According to Radial Music's David Hill, the game has "iconic songs from every decade since the 60s," making it a game for everyone. Disney is currently working with some known artists in rock, emo, indie rock, alternative, and pop music to ensure that gamers of all ages will be able to enjoy the game.

http://wii.qj.net/Disney-introduces-Ultimate-Band-for-the-Nintendo-Wii-DS/pg/49/aid/114677

I can fix (most of the time) RROD 360's. PM me for info.
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Wii so I couldn't get this anyway, but it sounds pretty stupid. No peripherals = no fun IMO.
heylookimaninja  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way i see it, rock band for the little kiddies.....

i might check it out for the ds

I can fix (most of the time) RROD 360's. PM me for info.
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw something about this the other day but I don't think I realized there would be no peripherals. I totally agree that taking away the peripherals seems like it would take away a lot of the fun but then again, there are people out there who play Guitar Hero with the dualshock. Still, I'm not sure it will really appeal to people beyond younger children.

Creating your own songs on the DS sounds like it could be interesting, but it's hard to tell whether it will actually be all that innovative given that Jam Sessions already seems to fill that niche pretty well.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
Servius1139  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic fail...nufff said

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be surprised if it's Ultimate Boy Band, or you play Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Jonas Brothers and all that crap in the game.
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreQman wrote:
I won't be surprised if it's Ultimate Boy Band, or you play Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Jonas Brothers and all that crap in the game.

Thats what I was thinking as well.
I have a feeling the back of the box will look something like this...

Disney's Ultimate Band = Fail wrote:

Disney's Ultimate Band! You can play over 80+ tracks including, "We're All in this Together", "When You Look Me in the Eyes", and much much more! Over several different artists including, The Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, Hillary Duff and many more! Rock out with your friends in this awesome experience!

mercuryshadow09  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt know the wiimote had a built in mic!
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright! yes! I can finally play Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, I mean, who doesn't want to play them on a rockband game? I really hope you didn't think I was serious Disney is a whole bunch of possers, especially their music

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ultimate band Reply with quote

heylookimaninja wrote:

Disney boasts of Ultimate Band's perfect song list. According to Radial Music's David Hill, the game has "iconic songs from every decade since the 60s," making it a game for everyone. Disney is currently working with some known artists in rock, emo, indie rock, alternative, and pop music to ensure that gamers of all ages will be able to enjoy the game.

What???!!!? MORE epic fail then epic fail!!!!
MisterMcLov1n  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, GH:OT comes out earlier than Ultimate Band DS so they stand no chance.
FreQman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY GOD IT'S HORRIBLE. SHIELD YOUR EYES.

I don't know about you guys, but for me this answers a lot about the game. Too much gay.
B14Z3  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not want. :<

Looks way too cartoonish. Although, that's most likely the style they're aiming for.
makosira  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreQman wrote:
MY GOD IT'S HORRIBLE. SHIELD YOUR EYES.

I don't know about you guys, but for me this answers a lot about the game. Too much fail.

Fix'd. No need to use that word.
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ why not? anyway, this game... is described in about one word MUTHAFUCKING
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: