ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Playoffs Will Begin Wednesday!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesusgoestoraves  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for the results either. I did better than last season and even tho I got put in the same pen with the elite hard players, I fit right in. I just hope that if I did make playoffs, I don't play witwix in the 1st round
[] 450K on TTFAF
[] 5-star TWIE, NFMH, and TTFAF
[X] 19 MILLION PTS!!! YAY!!
RB Goals:
[] Beat Panic Attack (damn solo...)
[X] Break Top 100 on a song (TTWH: 99th (G-XP))
[] Learn how to play drums, lol

Funny Facts
slfan68  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope i make it....
n2phantom  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yey playoffs... GL AAA-2
taint666  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinobiAC wrote:
taint666 wrote:
ShinobiAC wrote:
words

words

words

I honestly thought that it would be completely obvious that I meant next Sunday as:

A) The morning has long passed.
B) The title of this thread is "Playoffs Will Begin Wednesday!", thus there is no conceivable reason for playoff songs to be available today.
C) My last line stated that this information was important to people who cannot play during the week and are in playoffs, making it a problem if this coming weekend did not have results available by Sunday morning.

i thought it didnt make much sense... i posted that right when i woke up... and it was not a good night... just need to read before i post :-P
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i ate a key lime pie today
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i felt like a traitor
Netnabi4  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:
hope i make it....

AAHH! With that statement so do I considering your right above me! Personally If we both make it I hope to play you, we did great in opposite weeks of each other so I figure were similar in that we still have a lot off room to improve but we can play very well. We also had very close points period so It should be a good match!

I do have a question though. Do all the respective leagues get put together for the playoffs or is it just your own league.

For example I'm in B-1 hard. Will B-1 and B-2 be combined to make the playoffs or is it just B-1 as far as i'm concerned?
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netnabi4 wrote:
slfan68 wrote:
hope i make it....

AAHH! With that statement so do I considering your right above me! Personally If we both make it I hope to play you, we did great in opposite weeks of each other so I figure were similar in that we still have a lot off room to improve but we can play very well. We also had very close points period so It should be a good match!

I do have a question though. Do all the respective leagues get put together for the playoffs or is it just your own league.

For example I'm in B-1 hard. Will B-1 and B-2 be combined to make the playoffs or is it just B-1 as far as i'm concerned?

There is a playoff for each of the seperate leagues, so a B-1 playoff, B-2 playoff etc.

Also, you won't be playing the guy directly above you as the playoffs are usually seeded
bdMoron  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know if you got in or not?
im 14th over because I Fucked up my week 2 scores
100 Expert Drum FCs [92]
200 Guitar FCs [176]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VOD T3ABG1N
Netnabi4  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yudlugar wrote:
Netnabi4 wrote:
slfan68 wrote:
hope i make it....

There is a playoff for each of the seperate leagues, so a B-1 playoff, B-2 playoff etc.

Also, you won't be playing the guy directly above you as the playoffs are usually seeded

Thanks for clearing that up for me, and I was saying I hope to play him not that I will because I did know they were seeded. I remember reading that somewhere.
bt21milton  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will i be in if im 24th out of 48?
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinobiAC wrote:
taint666 wrote:
ShinobiAC wrote:
Will we know on Sunday morning whether we've advanced to the next round, and equally importantly, what the next song will be? This is important for those of us in the playoffs that can't put much time in during the week.

i didnt want to type this myself... but its past sunday morn... so ill go with midnite sunday... or monday morn

The first round of playoffs begins this coming Wednesday. It is currently assumed that each round will be half of a week as has been the norm with other playoffs. If the first round ends on Saturday, then the next (second) round will start on Sunday, giving one weekend day for each round of the playoff. In order for this to work, people will need to know whether they have advanced early Sunday so they can start the next song.

I honestly thought that it would be completely obvious that I meant next Sunday as:

A) The morning has long passed.
B) The title of this thread is "Playoffs Will Begin Wednesday!", thus there is no conceivable reason for playoff songs to be available today.
C) My last line stated that this information was important to people who cannot play during the week and are in playoffs, making it a problem if this coming weekend did not have results available by Sunday morning.

During playoffs, we are cutting the score processing time to 12 hours, so brackets will update at Noon, EST. We will probably post the song at midnight, so if you are very crunched for time, and want to work on it before knowing for sure that you have advanced that you can do that.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bt21milton wrote:

My guess is that you'll just slide in, because they'll most likely have a 24-man bracket at that point.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (because I'm doing this off the top of my head), but in a 24-man bracket, the top 8 will have byes, then 9 plays 24, 10 plays 23, etc. for the 1st round. After that, 1 plays 16/17 winner, 2 plays 15/18 winner, and so on, and it follows like any 16-man bracket.

As I am 12th in BB-1, I imagine my path will go through (assuming higher seeds win out) 21, 5, 4, 1, and then 2. Of course, that's contingent upon how my luck holds out.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what division he's in, it's half the active players (players submitting scores in week 4). In my particular division that is 32 players, so I would imagine the top 16 would go into an even bracket with 1st playing 16th etc with a couple of alternatives as well.
bt21milton  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
bt21milton wrote:

My guess is that you'll just slide in, because they'll most likely have a 24-man bracket at that point.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (because I'm doing this off the top of my head), but in a 24-man bracket, the top 8 will have byes, then 9 plays 24, 10 plays 23, etc. for the 1st round. After that, 1 plays 16/17 winner, 2 plays 15/18 winner, and so on, and it follows like any 16-man bracket.

As I am 12th in BB-1, I imagine my path will go through (assuming higher seeds win out) 21, 5, 4, 1, and then 2. Of course, that's contingent upon how my luck holds out.

thanks. and by the way im in B-1
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
During playoffs, we are cutting the score processing time to 12 hours, so brackets will update at Noon, EST. We will probably post the song at midnight, so if you are very crunched for time, and want to work on it before knowing for sure that you have advanced that you can do that.

Awesome!

Half a day sounds like plenty of time, especially considering it's a single song. I don't know if I could play one song for a whole day without going insane.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, you must submit for week 4 in order to qualify for playoffs

With that being said... I'm the 1st alternate in BBB-1?! Wow... 10 more points and I would've been in. Suck.

Will I make it?! I'll have to wait...
[] 450K on TTFAF
[] 5-star TWIE, NFMH, and TTFAF
[X] 19 MILLION PTS!!! YAY!!
RB Goals:
[] Beat Panic Attack (damn solo...)
[X] Break Top 100 on a song (TTWH: 99th (G-XP))
[] Learn how to play drums, lol

Funny Facts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: