ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
HashBash II - Cleveland, OH - Apr 11-13, 2008 [COMPLETE]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpoeschl  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: HashBash II - Cleveland, OH - Apr 11-13, 2008 [COMPLETE] Reply with quote

HashBash II: Yet Another Guitar Hero Get-Together

Please reply on this thread if you're interested in coming or have questions! If you are going to attend, read **Symphony X below, and answer that question in your response.

Major Edit 3: Obtaining Directions
Go to this link. I have provided a bit of information on that page including my cell phone number. If you are interested in coming (and I haven't already PM'd you my address), give me a call and let me know you're interested and I'll give you my address. Alternatively, you could PM me, but if I've never met you before I'll probably have some questions, so phone calls are easier.

Understand that I don't want to just publish my address here, but I DO want you to come to the party... so don't hesitate to call me and ask for the address.

Major Edit 2: FIVE DAYS
This is going down in 5 days! I'm trying to contact everybody by Tuesday night to confirm attendance and make sure people have rides and whatnot. Get excited!!!

Major Edit 1.5: Smoking / Substances
All smoking will take place outdoors, with cigarette butts being placed in designated receptacles. I find ONE butt on the ground somewhere, and you're all in trouble.
I've also had 2 people misinterpret the title of this get-together. Hash has been my GH nickname since the WSVG, it is not even close to a drug reference of any kind (which you'll realize the minute you actually meet me) and there be absolutely no illegal substances of any kind.

Major Edit 1: 18 and older
I apologize immensely for not including this in the first version, but due to liability issues I'm going to have to limit attendance at this event to those 18 and older. If you are upset about this, please do not flame on this thread, but rather PM me about it.

Who is invited:
To some extent, everybody 18 and older is welcome, but if the list gets too long I will give preference to people I've previously met in real life or on ScoreHero. Please post in this thread if you are interested in coming. Also - if you're going to drive (fly?) in from out of town and need sleeping space, let me know!!!

What's going on:
Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Other Rhythm Games, Partying*, General Awesomeness, etc.

There will be tons of screens set up inside for gaming - I have two rooms upstairs where we can put systems, as well as a basement for Rock Band. I'm hoping the weather will be warmer at that point, so I'll also try to throw a TV or two out in our garage for even more space.

I'll have all versions of GH (1, 2, 80's, 3), Rock Band, a few Pop'n Music games (with an ASC), Beatmania, Frequency, Amplitude, Donkey Konga, and 3 Karaoke Revolution games. Anyone coming is obviously welcome to bring more.

*Fair Warning:
I am fortunate to live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, and we must remain respectful of the neighbors (no running around outside late at night screaming). Also, I will not allow underage drinking. I'm sorry if this makes me seem "uncool" to you... but if that's your perspective, I'd rather you not come. I also reserve the right to throw anybody out if they are belligerent.

Having said that, drinking will be allowed for those who are of age, as long as things stay reasonable. As long as things stay under control, I'm happy. I am stating this very clearly now, so I don't have to defend my position later. Don't like it, don't come.

Where:
Independence, OH (near Cleveland)

When:
April 11-13**, 2008 (Probably around 6PM Friday - sometime Sunday)

**Symphony X:
There is a Symphony X concert in town on Saturday night at Peabody's, and tickets are $18. If you are going to come, please let me know if you would want to go to that concert! If a group of people want to go to the concert, I'm sure that could be arranged. However, if anybody would rather hang out at the house, then I'm sure a group of people would also stay and hang out. For the most part, we'll be figuring this out on the fly that Saturday afternoon, so just be aware that the opportunity is present, but know that if you are not interested then you won't be forced to tag along.

Sleeping Arrangements:
You'll probably want to bring a sleeping bag if you're going to spend the night. I have limited real sleeping space, but there is plenty of floor space!

Current Attendance List, (c) = confirmed
Hash (c)
devilmayasian (c)
rkcr (c)
wuLFe (c)
dspoonrt (c)
huwonk (dude, c'mon)
ajanata (c)
lordmathias (c)
Chuckie0424 (c)
Ral (c)
astat (c)
Pittsburgh People
Scott's car - Sakst82 (c) & Lee (c) & GT1T (c)
Need rides - Steev & itsmrpink & kypuppy & mdclxx

Please reply on this thread if you're interested in coming or have questions! If you are going to attend, read **Symphony X below, and answer that question in your response.

My GH Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/dpoeschl

Last edited by dpoeschl on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:13 am; edited 19 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpoeschl
ajanata  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: HashBash II - Near Cleveland, OH - April 11-13, 2008 Reply with quote

dpoeschl wrote:
Current Attendance List (with sleeping arrangements):
Hash (Confirmed, my bed)

I lol'd.

I'll be there, duh. :p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be there!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: chuckie0424
Sakst82  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be there

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in (got permission from the boss), definitely up for Symphony X, and if they're interested, I will be bringing along Huwonk and dspoonrt as well.

I will probably need to reserve a couch at chez Poeschl as well.

Will be able to bring a complete Rock Band setup, and probably some other things.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Ral  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. I might stay the night over too, I'm not sure yet.
ILoveHellsAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down, I'll be off probation and everything by then.
I can bring my 360, Rock Band, Rock Band setup, GH3, LP, all that if needed.
Also, if ILHA could have like a couch, that'd be nice.
EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty much 100% there, got ride and everything, got money for the concert. So w00t.

Too big, not to mention stupid.

Goal: 60 GH3X FC\'s (DONE!)
Goal: 750kEWWS (745k)

ILoveHellAshes - 4 wins, JPrez44 - 0 wins.

Last edited by ILoveHellsAshes on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: L Breathe I
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
I'm in (got permission from the boss), definitely up for Symphony X, and if they're interested, I will be bringing along Huwonk and dspoonrt as well.

I'm interested! I'll have to confirm my availability with my filmmaking associates (we're filming two short films in April) and possibly my girlfriend (she won't mind, though). But I'm 90% sure that weekend is good for me. So, just for planning's sake, I'll say I'm in. And I'd like to reserve a couch, please, if I may.

I'm not a huge Symphony X fan (not by choice, just never really listened to them much), but if everybody's going I'm not going to stay home by myself.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good possibility that I can make this.

I can bring the ps2 with over 100 games on the hard drive (including 1, 2, 3, 80's and 2 custom discs), and an SG. I can also bring my Atari.
MDCLXX  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down.

Scott, can I bum a ride with you? I'll split gas money.

I'm also not really up for going to that concert. Boo, me.

I would need a spot on the floor to sleep as well!
rkcr  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on getting plane tickets. I want to be at this one.

Definitely need floor space somewhere.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discussed this with Dave at the mini-hash-bash this past weekend and figured it should be said here as well. If people are unwilling/unable to go to the concert then I'll stick around at his place to prevent loneliness. I, too, haven't really listened to them much.

As for people willing to haul Rock Band setups from out of town: I don't think there will be a need, between Dave and myself we have enough fake plastic instruments for two setups. Unless, of course, your drums are GODLIKE. Then by all means, bring them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also if more space is needed I live about 15 mins away from this and have 2 couches plenty of floor plus futon if you run outta room, might be bringin a friend that is alright
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: chuckie0424
TehClevelander  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im down and ill need floor space and no concert for me even tho i can maybe probley could get a few free ticlets i know a few people on the street team of peabodys............BTW Im 16 just so you know
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone around the pit area wants to jump in with me and go, we can. That includes you, Nick.

I also have just about any other game system that you can remember, and if cd based, I can pretty much get any game to play. Another words, if any of you wants to play the legendary Radiant Silvergun on Saturn for example, just let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: