ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New England Get-Together! July 12th from 2-11 PM!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was certainly a hell of alot of fun. The blunt head trauma was totally worth it. :P.

Also, blakstang got pulled over on the way back. It was Bob's fault.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Bobbeh705
bab101  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everythings my fault
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobbeh wrote:
It was Bob's fault.

bab101 wrote:
everythings my fault

Now you guys are starting to understand how things work .

Also, let's see if Army remembers this little event while playing me in pfo on GH80's.

*both Army and I hit an sp phrase*
*I activate sp, Army tries to activate sp but can't*
*Army tries hitting select a couple more times, but still fails*
*Army stops strumming and slams repeatedly on select, but sp still doesn't activate*
*a dejected Army is baffled as to why the sp isn't working...until he sees that he only has 1/4 bar of sp*

We had a good laugh at that one, but no one else saw it becuse they were upstairs playing RB or trying to set up our incredible stream . I know there's more that happened that made us laugh, so I'll think of them and post them later.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I felt like such an idiot when that happened. I've been playing Guitar Hero for over 2 years, and I STILL don't know how the SP system works? Utter failure.

I think one of the best moments was when Bobbeh referred to you as the "talking pizza box". Very quick thinking, Bobbeh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL That was one of the things I as trying to remember, although I recall it being "Magic Pizza Box."

I'm glad he coud make it when all was said and done. Between that line, him hitting his head on everything that was low enough, and having a tn of RB DLC, it was worth it and I guess him being there was okay too . But he also left his 360 wireless internet connector thing (see how smart I am when it comes to technology ), and an ethernet cable here. He said he wanted the 360 thing back, but I may just take my time returning it .

It would actually be pointless if I kept it for a while because you all know how awesome my wireless internet it .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was surprised he came all the way from NY, I was pretty impressed. I guess Bobbeh just got lucky, what with his father having business to do in Manchester. At least, that's what I assume happened, I can't imagine his father agreeing to drive that far just for a videogame get-together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At least, that's what I assume happened, I can't imagine his father agreeing to drive that far just for a videogame get-together.

My dad is actually just fucking awesome. And the only business we had to do was in Rochester, NY

It was actually 'Magical Pizza Box'

And I was glad to be there, but can we make the next one... NOT a 5-hour drive for me .[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Bobbeh705
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, your father really is cool. That's crazy.

I'm sorry to say it, but the next get-together will most likely be in NH, but it could potentially be in MA, if someone different wanted to host it. If it's in MA, that might cut a couple of hours off the drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Wow, your father really is cool. That's crazy.

I'm sorry to say it, but the next get-together will most likely be in NH, but it could potentially be in MA, if someone different wanted to host it. If it's in MA, that might cut a couple of hours off the drive.

It'll cut an hour off. That'll still be an hour more then blakstang's overall drive. >_>
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but we can't all live within an hour of each other, that would require ScoreHero to buy an entire town and make everyone live there. Wait, that's a good idea...

*goes to suggest that to JCirri*

But seriously, NE get-togethers will most likely occur in NH or MA. If you're looking for closer get-togethers, I know there are tons of people who live in NY, and dhofest is coming up soon as well, so you could try that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

Also, let's see if Army remembers this little event while playing me in pfo on GH80's.

*both Army and I hit an sp phrase*
*I activate sp, Army tries to activate sp but can't*
*Army tries hitting select a couple more times, but still fails*
*Army stops strumming and slams repeatedly on select, but sp still doesn't activate*
*a dejected Army is baffled as to why the sp isn't working...until he sees that he only has 1/4 bar of sp*

That is wicked funny. too bad i had to work and then mymom wouldnt bring me
01:34 eyewin8-1 : i would have wanted a tighter vagina
01:34 Gamb|irc : ^
01:34 eyewin8-1 : but thats just me
01:34 abarre1234-1 : i agree
01:34 eyewin8-1 : >_>
01:35 abarre1234-1 : >_>
01:35 eyewin8-1 : and you 2
01:35 eyewin8-1 : i guess
01:35 eyewin8-1 : lol
01:35 eyewin8-1 : <3 threesome
Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
But seriously, NE get-togethers will most likely occur in NH or MA. If you're looking for closer get-togethers, I know there are tons of people who live in NY, and dhofest is coming up soon as well, so you could try that.

I can't go to dhofest considering the mature subject matter (>_>), but I really don't mind the drive all that much, and my dad said he was totally fine with driving me.
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late response guys, but I have plenty to add to this thread.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
I had no idea that Army can really put away pizza like he did . After all the chips and soda he had, he still manages to finish off an entire pizza.

This was so true, he reminded me of when I was his age (I'm so over the hill). I used to be able to do that, but now my stomach just screams at me for everything I eat.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
The stream didn't exactly work like we had hoped, but at least now you all know what I see everytime I try to watch a stream . I'm getting it fixed soon, but it's too late now. Hopefully we can have another one of these before the summer ends (before the 26th of August pl0x ).

Yeah, we're all really sorry that the stream didn't work out so well. I'm thinking it would have been tough to track down all the playing, but it still would have been cool to have something live for people to watch. But no worries, we got plenty of vids to show you of this epic bufoonery (as emptyset would put it).

Armageddon wrote:
The get-together was really fun. I would have liked to see more people come, but I understand how hectic summer schedules can be. It was great to finally meet blakstang, and I have to say that Bobbeh is quite the character. It was cool to meet Cam and Bob, even if they couldn't get a word in with Lee coaching them on how to play Guitar Hero.

Thanks a lot Army, that means a lot coming from you, it was great meeting a mod on SH for the first time too (and one of the best players to boot). This get-together was really a lot of fun, and as Brock had stated, if we can get another one to happen before the end of the summer, that would be awesome and I'd certain be there for that. Bobbeh was quite a character indeed, especially for all the incidents involving banging his head on everything. It was pretty funny how Lee would constantly rag on Cam and Bob for every little thing.

Armageddon wrote:
I had a great time, and I really want to thank Lee and Cam's parents for being so kind as to let this get-together happen, I know how apprehensive they were about letting strangers over. I was especially grateful that they took care of the pizza for all of us, it was really generous of them. Finally, thanks to Lee for being the one to ask and take the chance with it.

This. Lee was the brave one to step up and have a location for the get-together and to his parents for allowing us to use their house for it. The provision for using the house was great, but even paying for the pizza was really big. I had actually PM'd Lee saying that I was willing to bring some possible food, snacks or drinks to this, I felt kind of bad about going to a party of sorts, and coming with my GH and RB stuff and being empty-handed otherwise, their provision is much appreciated.

Bobbeh wrote:
Well, that was certainly a hell of alot of fun. The blunt head trauma was totally worth it. :P.

You hit your head on every overhang in the house, even the pictures on the wall :P.

Bobbeh wrote:
Also, blakstang got pulled over on the way back. It was Bob's fault.

Yeah, besides my GH and RB playing ability, this was the epic fail of the night. It costs $6 in pay tolls and then getting a $200 speeding ticket for the epic loss.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Bobbeh wrote:
It was Bob's fault.

bab101 wrote:
everythings my fault

Now you guys are starting to understand how things work .

See what I mean, Cam and Bob get ridden so bad. It's all in respect though, but its still funny.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
We had a good laugh at that one, but no one else saw it becuse they were upstairs playing RB or trying to set up our incredible stream . I know there's more that happened that made us laugh, so I'll think of them and post them later.

I'm having trouble remembering what it was, but I had all of you guys laughing pretty good at some point while we were eating. Also, when Brock had Army's closed laptop in his lap and said "how do you open this contraption?" and then I pointed out that he had it facing the wrong way. EDIT2: Also the PM that Army sent to me.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Very fun time! blakstang got some videos of us playing RB and one playing GH. We also took some pictures toward the end (sorry benedettosoxfan >_>).

Indeed I did get some pictures and a whopping 14 videos! Yeah, sorry benedettosoxfan, it would have been great if you could have been there for all of these. Hopefully next time!

Here are the pictures (courtesy of Mike (Lee and Cam's sister's boyfriend):
This is the NE version of the Brady Bunch from left to right: blakstang98 (Dan), Cam101 (Cam), Armageddon (Dan), Brockbfball1563 (Lee), bab101 (Bob), Bobbeh (Bob)
More Brady Bunch action
More Brady Bunch action and picture taken from over a beam
More Brady Bunch, but sideways, lol
It was mentioned that the door was bright
A better angle with a less bright door
Why do I look oriental in this picture?
An above view of the New Englanders again from left to right: Brockbfball1563 (Lee), Armageddon (Dan), Bobbeh (Bob), blakstang98 (Dan), Cam101 (Cam), bab101 (Bob)

And the silly videos:
Army plays Cowboys from Hell and Brock's handsomeness
More New England get-together
More New England get-together randomness
Stang plays Texas Flood
Stang plays a little more Texas Flood
Sprode 3-man Rock Band
Timmy 3-man Rock Band
Perfect Drug full band
Saints of LA full band
Rock Rebellion full band
Ride the Lightning full band
Shake 6-man band nubsauce! (this one is so silly)
Flirtin' with Disaster 6-man band! (this was filmed courtesy of Lee and Cam's sister (sorry, I didn't catch her name))
Screaming with a Vengence 5-man band (Army sings falsetto, lulz)

EDIT: Also, I put this in my accs thread so others can see what happened. I know that there are plenty of people who won't venture into this thread, so its there as well.

Last edited by blakstang98 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: blakstang98
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blakstang98 wrote:
Epic Videos Epic Get-together...

Wow, just from those videos you guys looked to have an amazing get-together.

I wish I could travel all over the country and go to everyones get-together...

and Army check out that comment I made on your CFH video :-)

EDIT:

This is the NE version of the Brady Bunch from left to right: blakstang98 (Dan), Cam101 (Cam), Armageddon (Dan), Brockbfball1563 (Lee), bab101 (Bob), Bobbeh (Bob)

All of your guys names have 3 letters... ????Weird...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot I took all the retarded videos. :P

And after watching them, Armageddon, you should totally get a screenshot of the thumbs-up smile during Cowboys From Hell and make that your avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: