ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New England Get-Together! July 12th from 2-11 PM!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: New England Get-Together! July 12th from 2-11 PM! Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
UPDATE!!!

We can have it at my house. Sorry it took me this long for an update. I've been really busy.

There's plenty of room for parking at my house, but carpooling is always a great idea to save space. We'll take care of chips and soda. We'll probably order pizza, but we'll all be chipping in for that. Everyone bring some money and we'll decide how to split it when we order it.

NO SMOKING OR DRINKING ANYWHERE. My parents are very strict about this and I'd actually prefer no one do it either.

Place: 21 Florence Drive, Rochester, NH. I'll give specific directions later in the week. I'll also pm each of you my phone number later in case you get lost on the way. It's easy to find if you take Route 16 (Spaulding Turnpike for those who live in the area).

When: Saturday, July 12th

Time: From 2:00pm - 11:00pm (no overnight, sorry )

What I have at my house :

- Three TV's we can use for gaming (1 being an HD, not sure about the lag though because I never use it for gaming)

- An Xbox 360 with GH2, GH3, GHA, and RB. I have one Les Paul, one working X-Plorer, RB drums and microphone. I also have (for you weirdos that play other games ) Halo 3, CoD 4, and GTA4. I have two regular 360 controllers

- A ps2 with GH1 and GH80's. I have two working SGs. THIS ps2's NOT MINE, SO DON'T BREAK IT. The ps2's not modded, so I can't play any customs.

- I also have a Wii with SSBB. I have two wii remotes w/ nunchucks and two Gamecube controllers.

- I only have one computer with internet access, so if anyone wants to bring their laptops, that would be good.

Stuff you should bring: Anyone who can bring TVs I have PLENTY of room to set them up. If anyone could bring more systems too that would be great (if anyone has a ps2 that can play customs definitely bring it if you can because I'm dying to play some ).

You guys can bring cameras or whatever to take pictures and videos of our time here. Anything else you guys think we might need just post it in this thread.

Another big thing, make sure you thank my parents for hosting this when you get here and/or when you leave. They were really skeptical to let people I've never met come over. You'll probably see my dad just walking around from time to time making sure everything's okay. He's a nice guy, just don't do anything stupid .

If you guys have any questions post them here and I'll answer them.

People Interested:
Thestupidlowlife - Anytime
Benedettosoxfan - Not Specified
Vampy237 - anytime
Dabalm - Late April Summer
Armageddon - Anytime
Matt - Anytime
MrMiniMog - Anytime
Justinrox - Not Specified
Brockbfball1563 - Anytime
kainiac - Summer
AdamHero - Summer
.GH - Not Specified
cjfolland - Anytime
eddaket - Early summer

PERSON COUNT: 12

FAQ

Is there a date set yet? Yes, July 12th from 2 PM to 11 PM.

Is there a place yet? 21 Florence Drive, Rochester, NH.

Can I come? Yes, as long as you can take care of the accommodations for yourself or anyone else you're bringing.

Post Format:

Name:
Date preferred (End of March, End of April, Summer.):

I'll compile them all here:

Thestupidlowlife
Name: Thestupidlowlife
Where do you live?: Brentwood and Hampton New Hampshire
Date preferred (End of March, End of April, Summer.): Doesn't matter.

Last edited by thestupidlowlife on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:14 pm; edited 11 times in total
Benedettosoxfan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for another one. This time we should do it at Galaxy Gaming in my hometown of Dover. It's a really cool place, you get your first hour free, the prices are good, and the controllers aren't garage sale fodder. It's a family friendly place with no smoking or swearin and that stuff. It's not too huge but it's medium sized. The hours on on the homepage. http://www.galaxygamingppf.com/

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Benedettosoxfan
Send me a request!
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benedettosoxfan wrote:
I'm in for another one. This time we should do it at Galaxy Gaming in my hometown of Dover. It's a really cool place, you get your first hour free, the prices are good, and the controllers aren't garage sale fodder. It's a family friendly place with no smoking or swearin and that stuff. It's not too huge but it's medium sized. The hours on on the homepage. http://www.galaxygamingppf.com/

I chose Holo-Dek over Galaxy Gaming, because it's really not as good and as accessible to everyone, and it costs the same.
Vampy237  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how far away it is, I'm interested in going.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iNobody 1337
DaBalm  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm deffinately interested in doing something, its been a while since i got together with a bunch of scorehero people in the area (woburn mass anyone?) but it would have to be either in late april or the summer seeing as i'm on spring break next week. I have been to a tournament at the holo-dek, and that place is pretty nice...i would not mind paying to play there for a couple of hours. But then again, my brother has a condo in Dover and Galaxy gaming would be very convienient. He might even let me use the place for some gaming afterwords which would be nice. He has plenty of room for a bunch of people...i'll talk to him

But heres your formal junk

Name: Nick (DaBalm)
Live: Raymond NH
Date preferred: end of April, Summer
Vampy237  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in late April/Summertime.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iNobody 1337
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to go. If it's at Dabalm's brother's house I'll probably find a way down, though I have no idea how we'll find any parking space in this weather. The winter has been brutal, and the main reason I didn't decide to invite anyone over is because the massive amount of snow leaves us with no room to park.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Matt
Time: Any
Mark 8:36
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd much prefer a free get-together rather than an expensive one at the Holo-Dek.
justinrox  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any general idea yet on which state the get-together would be in?
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely NH/MA that seems to be the center of the New England ScoreHero population.
MrMiniMog  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasen
Kingston, NY
Any time, any place.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: xMrMiniMog Wii Friend Code: 352313276237
justinrox  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think my overprotective parents would want me driving to one of these get-togethers, especially if it's in another state, but I'll state my info. anyway. Not sure if I'm free to go to one as well, but I'll see. :]

Name: Justin
Vampy237  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Jack
Where do you live?: Melrose, MA
Date preferred (End of March, Late April/Summer, anytime is ok though
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think I'll check this one out (too many of these have gone by with me missing them). If it's at your house, I won't have to drive far. I drive to Hampton Beach all the time, so I somewhat know the area.

We could probably just all pitch in for pizza or something. It would be much much expensive than to go to one of those place (I've never been to Holo-Dek or Exeter IOKA, but $6 an hour for each of us might not be good because we might tend to rush the get-together so we don't have to pay a lot). I know the problem with the previous attempt at a get-together was that you couldn't find a place (no way my parents want a bunch of people I've never met coming or (no offense to any of you), which is too bad because my place would probably be good for a thing like this), but anyone have a spot we could probably use?

Name: Lee Brock
Where do you live?: Rochester, NH
Date preferred (End of March, End of April, Summer.): Not sure as of right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: