ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SH XBL Poker Night Suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: SH XBL Poker Night Suggestion Reply with quote

Alright, I've noticed this quite a bit this season. Some weeks we haven't had enough players to make this official, and most of the weeks that have been official have only had 4 players. I think a major cause of this is due to the fact that it's on Tuesday. In the poker thread, I've noticed Gallant said he has soccer games on Tuesday, BigE doesn't get home until 7:30 on Tuesdays, and someone else said they have art classes at 7:00 on Tuesdays. On top of that, I'm planning to join my school's varsity choir, and if I do, I wouldn't ever be able to play, since there are rehearsals every Tuesday(and only Tuesday) from 6:30-8:30. I just think if we changed the date of the games, maybe more people would play, and there wouldn't be a problem getting enough players every week. Thoughts on this? I think the time of the day is fine(7:00 EST, 6:00 CST, etc.), but I think the day of the week we play should be changed, maybe to Wednesday?

EDIT:I'm not sure how popular of an idea this is, but maybe the weekends? Most people would be off of their jobs then, so if they don't have plans then that could work? I'm just throwing out suggestions, and see what comes out to be the most popular choice.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.

Last edited by BrianBAM19 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent point now that the Spring League is coming up soon. Here's a poll for all of us. Post here too so we get an accurate Yay vs Nay count here.

EDIT: Could I have made a fucking longer poll if I tried????? YES, I could have!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The days I'm free (at 7pm) are:
Monday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Friday and Saturday aren't ideal for me because I work the morning shift Sat and Sun, but I could still force in a quick game. Just need to be hitting the sack by 9.

It'll be great to get back into the ScoreHero Poker game. I've missed it!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Venge  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My option isn't available: ANY day M-Th; weekends are okay too, but not preferred.

I disagree with the time being good, though. It works for me (a little inconvenient, but workable), but 7PM EST is 4PM PST and that may be prohibitive to any West Coaster that is interested.

Also, don't know if it was intentional, but "Sunday/Monday" is missing from the choices.
BigE  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this year. wednesdays are actually the worst day for me. I doubt I can make it any day except Friday....but Fridays i'm usually with my girlfriend. soooooo, I might be back for the summer. but i'll respectfully refrain from choosing on this poll.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Akaleth  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to pick a specific choice because really I can be there any day, it just depends on whether I have my 360 with me (I switch residence with parents, it's just been on a solid weekly basis lately.) The only other thing that would otherwise say I can't make it would be an overload of homework for the night or random plans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point with East coast and West coast. Would 9 or 10 PM accommodate more people?

Would something like Sunday night at 9:00pm EST get more people? More people home getting ready for the new week, kind of thing?

PS: I'm re-vamping the poll because it sucks the way it is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
warlock7735  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work consistently 3 nights a week, so I'm out on Sun/Tues/thurs unless the game were to start after 10:00 EST.
Crazed  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for this term, I definitely wouldn't be able to make it on Fridays. I'm gone from about 5:00pm-10:00pm. It's weird though, sometimes I get home at 9:00pm and sometimes I get home at 11:00pm. Plus, I have to leave my house at about 7:30am on Saturdays. I'm pretty much available any other day at night.

A bit off-topic, I think I may get a new xbox this Saturday since my old one is dead. I'm not 100% sure about it yet, so if I'm not there this Tuesday, it's because of the brick sitting there taunting me.
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to change the poll so that we can select more than one answer. I think many people are free multiple nights.

for me it's:

Friday
Saturday
Tuesday
Thursday
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday isn't terribly consistent for me being able to play, but it is probably the best day for me to play assuming I can.

I find it funny that nobody has said Tuesday in the poll yet.

Location: That one place with that one thingymobobber that does things. Wait no that one other place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly free on Friday's, have lots of things to do over the weekends.

Beat expert: [X]
Get 5 FC's: []
10 FC's: []
Beat TTFAF: []
Beat TDWDTG: []
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Pickled_Pickles PSN Name: Glazed_Ham
egraves7  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with any day of the week. What gets me is the time. 7PM EST is 5Pm MST. A lot of times I am unavailable. I'd definitely play if it were a little later (30 Min to 1 hr).

Just my two cents.

discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm removing the poll. Looks like Fridays (in combination with other days are getting a better reception). Does everyone want to give a Yay or Nay on 8 or 9 PM EST? We're trying not only to accommodate current players but future players too.

Disc

Results:

When are you free?
Sunday
20% [ 3 ]
Monday
13% [ 2 ]
Tuesday
0% [ 0 ]
Wednesday
0% [ 0 ]
Thursday
0% [ 0 ]
Friday
53% [ 8 ]
Saturday
13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any day is technically alright for me since I can choose when and even if I work. Not sure how the times work out with all the DST fun, but I'm usually around in the small hours so it doesn't matter much to me.

That said, I'm in a really annoying position. As you know, I can't play when I'm at uni 'cos they block it. I'm currently at home for the Easter break, but my Gold subscription runs out in a few days and I can't afford to replace it for a month or so. By that time, I'll only be required to be at uni Thursday and Friday so I thought I might stay at home, head down there Wednesday night and leave Friday afternoon after classes. I reckon that'd still get me back in time for this...

...and that's way too long a post for a game of online poker, so I'm gonna stop typing right there.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: