ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Note to Mods: A way to get us Noobs to stop asking questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hairball  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Note to Mods: A way to get us Noobs to stop asking questions Reply with quote

Okay, sensationalist title aside, what I think a lot of us would LOVE to see, short of a real, physical workshop that we could go to and learn the tricks of custom song creation, is a video of a song being created from start to finish, with it finally being played on Guitar Zero.

Even if this video was hours long (i.e. relatively unedited), I would watch it with rapt attention. I am a visual learner who only knows a little real-world guitar, but I am certain I can create custom songs- I just need to see what it is I need to practice.

The existing tutorials are awesome (many, many thanks), but they are hard for me to wrap my head around.

I don't know how to contribute to this video effort, other than by suggesting it. At any rate, thank you for reading this post.
Raldios  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes through, step-by-step.
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll was completely unnecessary, and has been deleted.

Other than that, it's up to whether someone wants to make such a thing.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raldios, I certainly agree that it is informative and step-by-step, but it's still very intimidating for me, and as a 31 year-old business owner who went to UC Berkeley and blah blah blah, I don't think of myself as dense. Maybe just in this particular arena.

At any rate, we'll see where this goes.
Hotoke  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean, you want to see the whole process from creating the note chart until the burning with Alcohol or whatever software you use?

If you want just the process of converting the .sng, inserting star power, replacing the songs and burning the DVD, then I can do that.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Felipernani
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. I'll make a video walk through. But you asked for it =X it's going to be painfully in depth and long.. and not even using a program you will have. But you WILL get the gyst of it.
thewhyan  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
Ok.. I'll make a video walk through. But you asked for it =X it's going to be painfully in depth and long.. and not even using a program you will have. But you WILL get the gyst of it.

I can help you if you want. But, I was thinking of doing a picture walk through. Like post a picture of the program, and the steps, etc.
hairball  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotoke, here's an example of what I want to see:

I haven't checked yet to make sure this song is a good candidate, but I seem to recall that Voodoo Lady, by Ween, has a groovy guitar line and a great solo (at least the live version). That song has not been done yet. Where do I begin? Reading the tutorial, I get kind of lost, but it would be a lot harder to get lost if I'm watching someone do it.

I'm not really interested in converting from .sng (that's the freetar format, right?). You have to remember- I'm very new at this. I want to be able to browse my CD collection, pick tracks that would be good for the game (and unfortunately for me, the music I listen to is generally different than a lot of the songs that have already been done, but *is* guitar-based), and make a completely original creation from them that I can then play on the game.

Last edited by hairball on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
hairball  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewhyan wrote:
ChrisVance wrote:

I can help you if you want. But, I was thinking of doing a picture walk through. Like post a picture of the program, and the steps, etc.

That sounds good too. Anything to make it more personal and visual.
Hotoke  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I imagined... so, unfortunately, you'll have to wait for ChrisVance to do the video. I lack the talents and the patience do create note charts (to choose a song and simply do the notes and all the stuff). I've already tried many times, using TabIt, using Guitar Pro, using my ear to put the notes directly into Freetar Editor without any tabs, and I didn't have success in any of those. As I wanted to contribute in any ways I could, I started converting .sng's (btw, yeah, they are the Freetar format) and adding star power and all.

Anyway, just wait and probably ChrisVance will do a good job. I trust his skills.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Felipernani
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: