Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Full Combo (100%) thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 214, 215, 216  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Stardust on Hard, I honestly never think I'll get that lucky on that song again

too bad I have no camera to prove it...
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart Full of Black - this time I have a camera

Now to work on Ziggy Stardust so I can prove it, not to mention a whole slew of other songs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Javman158/HFOB1003.jpg
Javman158  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm not the only one 100%ing new stuff, come on :P

Anyway, three more today, all on hard:

Spanish Castle Magic

Iron Man

Caveman Rejoice

SPC and CR are first place scores too, so I might be able to hang on to them for a while

I'm kind of surprised that I got Caveman Rejoice, especially since I can not get Ziggy Stardust a second time to have a screenshot of it, and I think CR is much harder to 100%
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, keep it up.

I'll try for some Hard 100%s later tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is by far the song I am most proud of 100%ing

Ace of Spades - Hard

Edit: I'm on a roll tonight

Take Me Out - Expert
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #1 score on I Wanna Be Sedated (expert) was questionable and has been brought to my attention as a potentially false score (10k above 2nd place with lots of top scores crowded around 2nd place).

So to determine if the score was possible, I spent two hours perfecting the song.. and still, I came up about 1,000 short of #1 on what seemed like a near perfect run.

Since 1k is much less than 10k, I now believe the #1 score might be possible, although I still have doubts.

Either way I'm still very proud of this score.

I Wanna Be Sedated - Expert

EDIT:
So let's just say I don't give up easily..

This was perfection at its best, good luck beating this one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman158 wrote:
This is by far the song I am most proud of 100%ing

Ace of Spades - Hard

Edit: I'm on a roll tonight

Take Me Out - Expert

Wow, indeed you are.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

EDIT:

Very impressive, perhaps I shall take another go at coming close to that score later tonight
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman158 wrote:
JCirri wrote:

EDIT:

Very impressive, perhaps I shall take another go at coming close to that score later tonight

So I still can't come close to that score, but at least I got one to return the favor at least

Sail Your Ship By - Expert

Let me add another one:

Hey - Expert
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're wondering how it's possible, the key to getting such a high score on I Wanna Be Sedated is maximizing the number of chords played with star power. Don't use it as soon as you can.

One example I can give is after you're able to use star power the first time, wait until after the single note (non-chord) that occurs after the 2nd yellow freeze, then activate it. If done properly you should have 6x,850 (I forget the x) during the small pause before the next section begins

Note: if you have 6x,450, then you didn't get in an extra note by delaying notes as you activate star power and rushing them as it ends (in which case I restart the song).

This same pattern is repeated 3 other times throughout the song and after playing it so much I knew similar point values associated with other places in the song so I knew if I was optimal or not. The tricky parts involve getting maximal star power from the whammy bar on all notes without breaking combo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
If you're wondering how it's possible, the key to getting such a high score on I Wanna Be Sedated is maximizing the number of chords played with star power. Don't use it as soon as you can.

One example I can give is after you're able to use star power the first time, wait until after the single note (non-chord) that occurs after the 2nd yellow freeze, then activate it. If done properly you should have 6x,850 (I forget the x) during the small pause before the next section begins

Note: if you have 6x,450, then you didn't get in an extra note by delaying notes as you activate star power and rushing them as it ends (in which case I restart the song).

This same pattern is repeated 3 other times throughout the song and after playing it so much I knew similar point values associated with other places in the song so I knew if I was optimal or not. The tricky parts involve getting maximal star power from the whammy bar on all notes without breaking combo.

This is an excellent post. We should be working on things like this for when to activate Star Power.

I was the first one to hit 100% on Higher Ground on Hard, which I was proud of. I guess two others have done it since then though, and without strumming an extra note somewhere in between.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaksiel wrote:
JCirri wrote:

This is an excellent post. We should be working on things like this for when to activate Star Power.

Yeah, good post, J.

I was never really a part of the online Frequency & Amplitude community, but I'm pretty sure people laid out optimum routes (where to use multiplier powerups) to maximize scores. I'm sure that will happen with GH fairly soon; it's just a matter of people going through songs multiple times (or looking at the "tabs" online, I suppose), figuring out where Star Power can be best utilized, and making a FAQ of sorts.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are seriously hardcore!

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Drakken  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great session earlier today. I hadn't played most of the first four sets on Hard since February, so I went through a lot of them. Got a few 1sts and moved up to 5th overall, just behind JCirri.

Got 100% on:

Hey
More than a Feeling
Ziggy Stardust
Hey You
Shard Dressed Man
Killer Queen

I also got 100% on Spanish Castle Magic, but my streak was only 496. I know I messed up during the string of orange notes, so perhaps I just strummed a bit too fast in between notes but still managed to hit all of them.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Callout - Hard

This was tough for me, took a while to get the rhythms perfect. But surprisingly it seems I'm the first one to get 100%.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 214, 215, 216  Next
Page 2 of 216

Jump to: