ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar controller VS ps2 controller ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Guitar controller VS ps2 controller ... Reply with quote

Do you guys have noticed if the score is different in the multiplayer mode depending on wich controller you use ?? I don't have a second guitar controller, so battles with my friends make one of us play with a ps2 controller. And I'm not sure if the score is exactly the same for both players ... ? Tell me if I'm wrong saying that the ps2 controller gives (a bit) more points for the same notes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it, this is more likely caused by the game not splitting the notes equally. Almost every song I'm complaining "hey you got that part 4 times and I havent played it yet." also alot of "man this game's stereo separation sucks" It would be so much better if both players could play the whole song.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I disagree about both players playing the whole song. If you are trying to compete against each other, just have both players play the same song one after another. I think the 2 player format they have is extremely fun, especially since there are 4 people who play at my house who are very close to the same skill level. The splitting of the notes appears to be pretty equal, and when it divides the same passage between both players (i.e. the final solo in BATM) we always feel like we are really rocking it. Co-op is a great way to go IMHO.

"Can I play with madness?"
nipple401  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of notes may not be the same, but no one player has an advantage. The programmers made it as even as they could. At least that's what I've heard.

I've recently begun practicing with a PS2 controller so my friends and I can do some head to head. We didn't know you could use a PS2 controller so we just took turns in one player. As for using a PS2 controller, I don't think it gives anyone a distinct advantage. Using a controller means giving up the ability to lay down really fast single-note licks, and also makes chords a pretty touchy subject. Though HO-POs become simple with a PS2 controller, especially if you have a background in Frequency and Amplitude (other Harmonix games) like I do. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Loberto  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: controller and 2-player Reply with quote

My experience with the DS2 controller is that whoever is playing with it is at a distinct disadvantage. The SG controller seems to have more tolerance for strum timing than the DS2, which needs to be more exact, like with HOPOs.

My suggestion for two player would be to allow each player to select their own difficulty. It would make it more fun when one player is far more skilled at the game than the other. Scores could be normalized relatively easy, I would think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 2157904225307196
redeyesly  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 guitars, (worth every penny, btw) so the controller disparity isn't a problem anymore. We use handicapping now, all my friends are close to the same level, but I blow them away. So when I play one of them I have to win by double without using rockouts. I still always win, unless the song is too easy, so were thinking of switching it to me having to triple on expert, and I'm allowed to rockout to make the double on medium.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: they are scored very similarly Reply with quote

There is no advantage either way.

Here's a video to demonstrate that...

SG on the left PS2 controller on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1hBPzl41A

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone tried playing a song on multiplayer and both getting 100% then we could see if either had an advantage....
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people this end arent good enough

that would also mean not using the star power either
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...most people I play can't 100% songs that I can.

Or really, for that matter, play songs I can.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
Yeah...most people I play can't 100% songs that I can.

Or really, for that matter, play songs I can.

Yeah... on Sunday I was playing GH with some n00bs. I beat my friend in a song with only 2 of my 4 fret fingers and no SP. That was fun. Mr. Green
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's more fun?

On Hard.

Playing in the style such as this.

With limited SP (aka: can only use it when the bar's full and can only use it once).

And still winning.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed a slight disparity in the scoring between P1 and P2 on most songs on multiplayer, actually. I don't know how far it extends to, though, as in the end, both sides *probably* end up with the same score at 100% without SP, 'tis an experiment I've yet to do, but probably will sometime this weekend if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

As far as a more exact explination, it's even apparent in the video, even though the resolution I can get isn't as sharp as I would like. But, if you watch the scores P2 ends up getting scores ending in 1, 2, and I think even 3, without and sustained notes in the stream. Which would lead me to believe that yes, one sides notes *are* weighted slightly more to their advantage, most likely as a byproduct of not all of the songs being divided exactly equally between sides.

EDIT: Upon further review, P2's first note appeared to be worth 51 pts, but no jump to 2 or 3 until after the first sustain, but, still, some little bit of proof that one side may be weighted more than the other. Also, while playing the game with mandawench a while ago, I could've sworn I had seen her notes being worth anywhere between 52-54 points apiece while mine were the standard 50.
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

On Hard.

With limited SP (aka: can only use it when the bar's full and can only use it once).

And still winning.

ha ha, i loved the end bit there
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

On Hard.

And still winning.

HEY! That slouch is paying wrong notes. SONG FAILED.

*misses Stevie*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: