Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Voices113's Double Strum Fix!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voices113  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Voices113's Double Strum Fix!!! Reply with quote

Ok, I know I said I was going to do this a long time ago, so, better later than never.

NOTE: READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU START DOING THIS!!!!

Ok, so lets start

You'll need:

-A screwdiver (duh)
-Electrical tape, I think it's called that This tape, not the best picture, but you can see what I mean.
-A pair of scissors

The process:

Ok, so, double strum at least in my guitar was due to a false contact, between the Matal part 1, and the Metal part 2

So, how do we fix that? We first open the gutar obviously, then we very carefully disarm the buttons on the plaque above the strum bar, should be something like this

After you disaarmed it you'll have this pieces

You'll be concentrating on the little button thing, here's where the tape comes in, you have to cut a little pice of about about this size with your scissors

It can be a little bigger, not much though.

So, you put three or four pieces of tape on the button as showed on the picture above.

The side of the button that has the tape has to be facing the metal pieces, and, if you want you can put 1 or 2 pieces of tape on the other side too, but that only if you hace removed the clicker.

I would recommend you that, beeing that you already have your guitar open, you remove the clicker part, and put velcro pieces to silence the strum bar, you'll find those mods on the Guitar Modding 101 topic, but, here are the links any way

Clicker Removel Mod: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36498
Velcro Mod: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1468

When your done put together everything again, you have to be very carful to put the button case exactly the same you took it off, and you have to be EXTRA careful with the metall pieces, because if you bend one, you'll probably have to put more tape, and maybe you will have a few troubles when you strum.

THE END!!!

Thx to BlackHeaven for letting me use his pictures to write this.

I won't take any responsibility if you ruin your guitar, be very carefull with everything and that shouldn't happen.

Sorry for the bad writing, if you find something that you don't understand, or a mistake let me know please.
Guitarheroshero  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What worked for me was taking one off another controller i had lying around (broke of course), Soldered the one off my broken controller onto where the one on the working controller was and it worked fine. But nice job anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it's good, but if you have only one guitar, or you are bad for soldering this is the easiest solution.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fix! There are people who ask for this ALL the time.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Voices113  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, tht's why I made it, that, and because I had to use it a while ago when my guitar started double struming . It's working fine now .

Glad to help.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "false contact" of the metal contacts and how exactly you figured out what was "broken" inside there. The other thing I'm worried about for this mod is that electrical tape does not hold on strongly to plastic. I'm afraid those will soon fall off and gum up the works. This may be a temporary fix that can be adapted for a permanent solution, but I'm having trouble visualizing how this is supposed to help.

Voices113 wrote:
I think this should be in the 101 guitar modding topic, even as a temporary fix.

Added

Last edited by BriGuy on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voices113  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "false contact" of the metal contacts and how exactly you figured out what was "broken" inside there. The other thing I'm worried about for this mod is that electrical tape does not hold on strongly to plastic. I'm afraid those will soon fall off and gum up the works. This may be a temporary fix that can be adapted for a permanent solution, but I'm having trouble visualizing how this is supposed to help.

What I mean by false contact is that those two metal pieces shoud be touching one with the other completely, and ionstead they are partialy touching. To figure out what was broken I justo thogught that the only way that a double strum to ocurr was that, 2 strum signals were sent, the only way that could happen was a "false contact".

I think those signals are sent with electricity, when both metals touch against the other an electrical signal is sent, and so the controller knows it's a down/up strum, so, if a "false contact" happens, two signals can be sent easily.

And about the electrical tape, I use my guitar 25 hours a day, avery day, and I made this fix about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and still hasn't moved, I opened it a few days ago, and the movement was minimal, the tape has no room to move away in the little button case, if the button case was bigger maybe, but with so little room to move, the worst it can happen is that te tape moves a little bit up, and really doesn't change anything to the fix, it's still working.

I donn't know if anything I wrote was understandable, if you understood that, great, if not, just ask again, I'll try to make it more clear.

Again sorry for the bad writing, I still have some troubles with the english languaje.
Voices113  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this should be in the 101 guitar modding topic, even as a temporary fix.
VintageGold  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this affect your ability to alternate strum? It seems like you're using the tape to disable the other button required to do this by insulating the metal, but it may just not be clear from the pictures what the tape on the button is actually doing.
DonneurDeMort  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll vouch this mod, i just did it to my 360 SG and i'm not double strumming anymore. my guitar was literally double strumming every other strum before i did this, and ontop of the double strum being fixed, its alot more comfortable and quiet of a strum now.

EDIT: no it doesnt affect your ability to alternate strumming, your only modifying the the downstrum pad, what the tape is doing is creating less play between the contact points thus reducing the chance of it sending false signals.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Donneurdemort
Nivlheim  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I think I understand the idea behind this fix. Gotta try it on my guitar sometime, it double strums on occasion
Senthoney  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea how to put it together, help!
XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DaltonM PSN Name: Soapers Wii Friend Code: 7076381285396424
s0ldier898  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do u get the tabs off do i just break em off??
NikoK  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really should be answered before I even attempt this. My wii LP is dying on its 2nd day lol
SmugDuckling  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try this, but I don't understand why it would work. Isn't plastic already non-conductive? Why would adding tapes of insulating tape help cut down on false contacts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: