ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tuesday Nights, Lincoln, NE Guitar Hero 3 Tourney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leilong  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Tuesday Nights, Lincoln, NE Guitar Hero 3 Tourney Reply with quote

Where: Cappys Bar and Grill 5560 S 48th St

When: Tuesday Nights, Registration begins at 9:00 pm, and the tournament starts anywhere between 9:30 and 10:00

Age Limit: The tournament takes place at a bar, but I have many 20 year-old friends that come in to play and just don't drink alcohol. There was only one time that the bar carded at the door, and I was able to bribe the doorman into letting my friends in for the tournament, so as long as you don't drink, I would say age limit is 19+

System: Tournament takes place on a PS2, with provided wireless guitars. You are free to bring your own guitar if you like, but dual-shock controllers are not allowed. The PS2 is connected to an 80-some inch projection screen with continually degrading bulb.

Admission Fee: No Fee. Free to enter, and there are usually regulars, but very few people.

Tournament Format: Tournament is conducted in a double-elimination bracket, Pro-Face Off mode, culminating with the final match between one person with one loss, and one person undefeated. The undefeated person must lose TWICE in order to be beaten. Songs are chosen at random from the main setlist only, no bonus songs. Default difficulty is Medium, but if the two players agree to ramp up the difficulty, that is between them. High score wins.

Side Note: The people running the tournament are very lax in nature, so if people agree, they can play bonus songs, hyperspeed, etc. They tend to frown on TTFAF tho, as it's "too hard" (as in sound quality), and too long. The silly drunk people at the bar tend to complain if we end up pulling a streak of metal/shredding songs. Sucks to be them I say...

Prizes:
1st Place - $40 Cash
2nd Place - $15 Cappys Gift Card
3rd Place - 2 free pitchers of beer (or 1 topping pizza if underage)
4th Place - 1 free pitcher of beer (or 1 topping pizza if underage)

Contact Information

Phone Number: Cappys: (402)-421-1424

The top prize usually goes to 1 of 3 normal people (usually me [not to toot my own horn, but I've been known to lose]) And I'm not super-crazy-awesome (you can check, my "good" scores are on 360) but we'd always love to see some new faces.

As a warning: Sandbaggers are met with utter distain. You will not win, as I can out-100% you at medium (unless you know opitmal paths, but then I'll just copy you, so there =P ) Although I may take you, many of the other Upper bound hard to expert players will bad-mouth you if you beat them by 100%ing medium when they try to talk you up to at least hard. There's no rule against sandbagging, but I will assure you it has NEVER WORKED FOR ANYBODY AT THIS TOURNAMENT!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know if there will be any more of these around the same location but n ot in a bar due to the 19 + restriction
cfrierson  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, can't believe this tournament still goes on. I was one of the original members of this tournament back in March 2007 or so.....My friend and I used to win it all the time until I made this thread..

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20869&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And then Palpatine started showing up and winning every week, lol. We eventually just got bored of the tournament because it was just the same thing every week and was getting old. It was actually a really big tournament from March-July 2007 or so but all of us expert players scared away the whole Medium crowd away so there weren't many people left. God I haven't been there in over a year, wonder if this still goes on.

Songs left to beat:
Raining blood
TTFAF
Take This Life
Palpatine  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been there in ages! I think it's over now though...something about beer pong now maybe? Stupid gas prices.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done now. I just called and they said no lol. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeShred wrote:
It's done now. I just called and they said no lol. Oh well.

With that said, I believe this should be unpinned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: