ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DISTRIBUTING A GUITAR HERO ISO WILL STILL GET YOU BANNED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobbie  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I don't even know what an ISO is i'm kinda worried I may do it, can someone explain it in easier terms ?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobbie wrote:
Considering I don't even know what an ISO is i'm kinda worried I may do it, can someone explain it in easier terms ?

If you don't know what it is, you're not doing it. Software forum, Google, Wikipedia, etc. if you're interested in finding out.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Rashmere  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb611 wrote:
ViPeR6 wrote:
Good job catching these parasites. One question though: how do you catch one? If a gh .iso is uploaded on a site, do you assume its a SH member doing it? What if user names don't match up?

Our methods can not be disclosed for obvious reasons, however I assure you they are discrete and accurate. impact didn't see it coming.

It is most likely IP checking... it is the only way I can think of...
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how do you think they check the IP of someone posting on another forum? Oh wait, they can't.

You fail.

Their method is so much simpler than that anyway. The staff simply multiply their level of win by the level of fail exhibited by the douche who's posting this stuff. Then it comes down to a massive face-off in a hall of mirrors, one shot kill, throwing knives only. Winner gets a cookie and the adulation of all who survey their epic victory, loser gets a lifetime ban and everyone mocks them.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Zoso15  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
And how do you think they check the IP of someone posting on another forum? Oh wait, they can't.

You fail.

No need to be critical, dude
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

You fail.

Their method is so much simpler than that anyway. The staff simply multiply their level of win by the level of fail exhibited by the douche who's posting this stuff. Then it comes down to a massive face-off in a hall of mirrors, one shot kill, throwing knives only. Winner gets a cookie and the adulation of all who survey their epic victory, loser gets a lifetime ban and everyone mocks them.

Actually, it's three cookies...<_<

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
ZekeKatana  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, Impact is an Asshole. Anyone with a functioning brain could tell that by now, if you post an ISO, scorehero will find you, and ban you. Just getting banned is too good for him.
(- '.'- ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

PhD  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ive got another hypothetical question - branching of toy's scenario..

so, what ive ive got a brother/sister/friend etc who lives next door/2 suburbs/next state/different country.. from me, we both own gh, we both own exactly the same cd's/mp3 for each of the songs on the custom disc... how ever he has a mac/linux PC and cant create customs, but ive got an xp PC and can... is it still classed as illegal, if I create the disc for him/her, even though he/she has/owns *everything* required to produce the exact same disc themselves (except of course a PC that can run the software to create it)... how would that be looked at?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD wrote:

so, what ive ive got a brother/sister/friend etc who lives next door/2 suburbs/next state/different country.. from me, we both own gh, we both own exactly the same cd's/mp3 for each of the songs on the custom disc... how ever he has a mac/linux PC and cant create customs, but ive got an xp PC and can... is it still classed as illegal, if I create the disc for him/her, even though he/she has/owns *everything* required to produce the exact same disc themselves (except of course a PC that can run the software to create it)... how would that be looked at?

^About this - i think u cant do that because they are against the distribution of it and giving it to someone is pretty much the definition of distribution, you cant do it

on topic - gj ownin that kid
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait I don't get it. Does this site have Isos? If so, whats stopping people from pirating the game off here?
PhD  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p00pstain.lolz wrote:
PhD wrote:

^About this - i think u cant do that because they are against the distribution of it and giving it to someone is pretty much the definition of distribution, you cant do it

on topic - gj ownin that kid

well ok, so they come to my house and they create the burn and take the disc with them.. I havent "distributed" anything - they are the ones then creating the burn and taking it with them..

Im not trying to argue any points or anything, im just curious as to see where the line is before its crossed...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNLEASH THE BAN HAMMER!!!!!!!

nicely done
i like you made it sound like a court
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: elgrabadula
Jesus69  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! less idiots on scorehero!
5 star gh3 (X)
Top 100 gh3 (X)(81st)
20 100%'s (X)
get a top 10 song (X) (Metal Lady) (Radio Song)(My Name Is Jonas)(Closer)
Get Rock Band (X)
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a dollar for everytime someone asks me to send them a custom disc on youtube. *Click* ....."Message Deleted"

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
PhD  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree HA.. its the same for me.. since im the only one time time and patience to create a custom disk, i get asked left right and center for people to it for them too.. (SH-ers and non SH-ers) - and I work in the Game Development industry so I understand everyones hatred again pirating and illegal distribution.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: