SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Dualshock/360Controller/WiiMote Accomplishment Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 123, 124, 125  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoso9391  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterblonde wrote:

this just won't work for me, i've tried it approximately 300 times and every time it says again that my guitar controller is unplugged.
i am holding left until the song starts (all the time controller recognized as a guitar), then I hit the start, pause menu pops up, then I release left button (as instructed) go to restart and it wont accept either r2 or l2 as a green button, just regular x button. and when I press x, it's all normal again, like it is supposed to be with the dualshock (i have x and O as accept or back, not the green and red button), then the song starts, and instantly pops up the message that my controller is unplugged. always the same problem.
is there any possible way to play guitar hero 5 or a band hero without holding left button all the time?
thanks in advance

Well.. You must hold left and do all of that till the songs starts. Then while holding left, pause the game, release left, restart the song. Doing all of that, you should be able to play as a DS. You know, I have a copy of GH5 and played half guitar carrer mode this way, and another friend played half bass carrer mode this way also. Are you SURE you are doing everything? Try restarting 2-3 times also, sometimes it won't work the first time you restart.
misterblonde  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know why, i'm doing everything as you say... when you release left on the pause menu, can you click restart with r2 or you click it with x? for me only x works after I release left and then when the song starts, that message comes up that say that my guitar is unplugged
thanks for the answer
zoso9391  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when you release left, you have to press X, not R2.

Now I remember. There are 2 ways to do this. Restarting twice, the way you and I described it.

or 2, on the loading screen, release left. The message of conecting your guitar will pop up, unplug, hold left, plug in, press start, release, restart. You should be able to play as a DS.

I remember that the message saying there's no gutar pluged MUST appear, at least once, before being able to play as a DS. That's why you should restart twice. I don't know why, but that's the only way it works. Try again restarting twice, or do as I say on my second option.
misterblonde  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoso9391 wrote:
Yes, when you release left, you have to press X, not R2.

Now I remember. There are 2 ways to do this. Restarting twice, the way you and I described it.

or 2, on the loading screen, release left. The message of conecting your guitar will pop up, unplug, hold left, plug in, press start, release, restart. You should be able to play as a DS.

I remember that the message saying there's no gutar pluged MUST appear, at least once, before being able to play as a DS. That's why you should restart twice. I don't know why, but that's the only way it works. Try again restarting twice, or do as I say on my second option.

IT WORKS!!! IT REALLY WORKS! thanks man, this was really helpful, the 2. way worked. thank you for your time, RESPECT!
n00bpwn3r  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg finally did it!

The Devil went down to georgia expert pass 360 controller.

Almost 4 starred may try again to 4 star dunno yet so happy

*edit* just got 360k and 4 star ftw!

Nikki  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was quite a surprise to see this thread again... o_O"

Congratulations pwn3r! DWDTG is just too mean on X360... You have to pass Intro, "Evil Hiss", Devil Solo A~B(?) and Victory Solo R... all of them with heavy G fast-strumming @_@
n00bpwn3r  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I still post in here time to time and yeah I almost failed in R actually because I messed up my sp path and didn't have sp and was like red but didn't. Now I need to try to beat ttfaf which surprisingly I thought would be easier than TDWDTG but obviously not for me :o
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've been waiting on my new guitar to get here, I've decided to mess around with the controller on GH3 on Medium. Hard/Expert is just too much for me on a controller and hurts my hands :P

Anyways, I was pretty proud of this. I practiced the solo a few times and then did a real run. The second picture shows the solo FCs. I missed the second to last note in Twin Solo Otherwise it would have been a full solo FC which would have been awesome for me since I normally don't use a standard controller. Most of my misses were from trying to activate star power and the few fast strumming parts throughout the song. I'd say fairly decent for a beginner

Also got a full Devil Solo FC on DWDTG first try. I tried Victory Solo but kept messing up in the small trills in VSG (in which I can FC by itself in practice).
n00bpwn3r  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice dude my best on ttfaf medium is 99% -2 and got a 100% overstrum on the devil. That's pretty good for not really using controller ever I've seen you on guitar your much better but good job none the less :P. Also yeah sp is a pain to activate on standard but once you get used to it its pretty much the same as using select button for squeezing so I'm sure with practice you'll get better.

I got ttfaf expert done the other day but I used guitar in rampaging dragons so I won't bother putting the pic up here since I didn't technically use 360 controller for it all.
zoso9391  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing expert for months, I played TTFAF on medium... mised like... 2 out of the 10 first notes. I got mad. Never ever played that song again on medium, lol.

And for NoobPower... For rampaging dragons you need some technique you can use to pass it without SP.

There are 2 which are the esiest.
1_ Hold Green for the whole time. And press Y, B or O when needed at full speed. The first green should be played because of a pull off. And if you are lucky and press the Y, B or O fast enough, there's a bug which makes the second green play. You can think of getting an x4 all the time, but it doesn't hurt the rock meter all that much.

2_ Harder but better if you can pull it out. 2 finger tapping on the green ALL THE TIME while alterning holding Y, B or O when needed. For example. play 2 greens, hold Y, played the 3 Y by pressing the 3 greens, release Y, play 2 greens, etc. You can "easily" FC RP with that technique, lol. But you need coordination, speed... It's not that easy.
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n00bpwn3r wrote:
nice dude my best on ttfaf medium is 99% -2 and got a 100% overstrum on the devil. That's pretty good for not really using controller ever I've seen you on guitar your much better but good job none the less :P. Also yeah sp is a pain to activate on standard but once you get used to it its pretty much the same as using select button for squeezing so I'm sure with practice you'll get better.

I got ttfaf expert done the other day but I used guitar in rampaging dragons so I won't bother putting the pic up here since I didn't technically use 360 controller for it all.

Thanks My guitar gets here tomorrow so today is probably my last day using a controller until my new guitar breaks. lol

Revolution Deathsquad, 1st try on a controller o.O I've FC'd it on Guitar (sightread, lol) but this is just crazy. I missed in Victory Solo B with a -1. It was such a stupid miss too; like an easy miss. Should have been an FC And I activated ALL star power on sustains so my score is pretty pathetic but I really don't care since it's Medium. lol

EDIT: I take back that this was my first try on a controller. I just hit the continue button and my 4th place score says

213,639 CONTROLLER <----Don't even remember doing this

That's the name I use for scores when I use a controller. I beat my old score by almost 160k!

EDIT 2: Just got my 3rd ever controller FC on Medium - SWTA on SR! My other two being Paint It Black and NFMH (also both SR). I can't believe I'm getting this excited over Medium FCs. haha
n00bpwn3r  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice davers and zozo I can get through rampaging dragons on 360 but then in the next part I fail due to the yellows in a row since its hard to alt strum on 360 as opposed to dualshock. But maybe sometime I'll try it fully with a 360 controller dunno.

Nice davers I've actually never tried the dragonforce dlc on medium but I've gotten 99% on them all on hard so I could probably fc the medium maybe I'll try it out :P
n00bpwn3r  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no words that describe how mad I am...

somehow I overstrummed twice on 2 sustains at same point I don't see how... Argh I finally had it fced after like 10 -1s.

Oh well I may come back and fc it sometime least I got it gold starred I guess =\

*edit* Tried OGAP once just cause I was playing well and finally got it yes!

noobish score may redux with path but Idc w00t!
zoso9391  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's against the rules to "revive" a thread this old, but this is the only achivement thread I can post on since I don't have one.

The thing is... GH2. Arterial Black FULL SOLO FC ON VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Jtk5VX7uI

Check it. I'm proud of it.

I also have a Freebird Rythm full solo FC. So I'll grind for it in a few days. When I get it, only Lead co-op solo left till I have all solo's on that song FC'd.
And ALSO Jordan Solo C (slow) Technical FC. I hope a video soon.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really miss all the standard controller madness... anyone still play with a standard controller? I got a lot better myself with a Wiimote as I'm racking up FCs on GH3X. Dualshock, anyone?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 123, 124, 125  Next
Page 124 of 125

Jump to: