ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FF7 Advent Children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lokefurbenstein  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: FF7 Advent Children Reply with quote

I am curious how various gamers feel about what square decided to with Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children. If there is anyone out there that has seen the movie without playing the game, your opinion is welcome, however, I would like to know if the hard-core FF7 gamers (like myself) feel that Advent Children did the game any justice.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: FF7 Advent Children Reply with quote

lokefurbenstein wrote:
I am curious how various gamers feel about what square decided to with Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children. If there is anyone out there that has seen the movie without playing the game, your opinion is welcome, however, I would like to know if the hard-core FF7 gamers (like myself) feel that Advent Children did the game any justice.

i like the battles (i have beaten FF7 and seen the movie) but the story was crap...it didn't really interest me...

I personally think that they should have made a movie based off the original game...i think i would have been more attracted to it...but other than the story it would good...but the mouthings were off also, but they couldn't have done anything about that
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread... I have a burnt copy of the first disc. I liked the movie, but I think this is one of the first movies I prefer to watch subtitled rather than dubbed in English. There are too many close ups and it reminds me of Godzilla when I watch it dubbed...

The end fight with Sephiroth is awesome though, one of the best animated fight scenes ever.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the movie and how it represented the game's characters. That's all I have to say about that.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wire Fu - wires + FF7 = FFAC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
The end fight with Sephiroth is awesome though, one of the best animated fight scenes ever.

Don't forget the music... THE MUSIC! (Which is one of my favorites next to Imperial March and some stuff in The Rock.)
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was alright, just would have been nice if they didn't forget to include the plot.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the soundtrack a long while ago. It's incredible!

As for the movie, it was alright. One thing really bothered me, though. Rufus....is alive. Square was pretty slick about it, though. When Rufus was gonna explain how he escaped the destruction of the building, Cloud threaten to leave if he didn't get to the point. Slick, but very stupid.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Namu  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good movie. Much more of a FF movie than "Spirits Within" ever was. They perfectly captured the atmosphere of the game, but indeed, the plot could've been a lot better. Oh well. They made up for that with some kick-ass fighting sequences.

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was pretty good. Although i enjoyed the Spirits Within aswell.
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFVIIAC was a good movie (especially the battle sence with bahamut lol), but i think a prequel would have made a much better movie. i guess thats what the new games are for

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
NetStormer  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advent Children did do the game justice (IMO) for the sole reason that this is what the fans wanted... MANY fans wanted a sequel/prequel/remake, so square did so. Am I overall happy with the movie? Absolutely.... although I didn't like how Reno and Rude died... They were tha shiznat!

I'm also one who prefers subs to voice-overs. I can watch 100 subbed action movies before I can try to put up with one decently VO'd (except for ones where the VO were played up on, such as Kung Pow, even then you don't really have a choice).

EDIT: The music was awesome. I do like the remixes from the movie more than the OST. (In case any of you are wondering, the song playing during the Tifa/Loz fight was "Fighting" from the FFVII Piano Collections ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reno and Rude didn't die. When Rufus was cured of the Geostigma, you can see the entire party with him, even Elena and Tseng. Looks like Reno and Rude Rufus'd their way out of the explosion. *rolls eyes*

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
SynysterGates  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plot was kinda weak especially how everyone just kinda shows up outta nowhere to fight Bahamut. Vincent Valentine looked pretty awesome though. probly better to rent than to buy
- Fear Before The March Of Flames
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: