SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bj0rn's accs: GHLX FGFC, Keep On Swinging 1st
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
And today, at 1 am, sick of studying Physics (which, by the way isn't looking too bright at the moment), I suddenly felt the urge to play Slow Ride. Obviously I've seen Pas26's and APEthehippy's recent scores, so that's why. Then this happened:

There's more left...

inb4 222k

gogo! Wait, is 222k even possible? What's upperbound/optimal on that song?
Xabyxx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit
222k isn't possible. period.
APEthehippy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that's a nice comeback. o__o I might try and tie that when I go to dad's next time (since I squeeze better on the comp screen there)...

...Will you be going for 60 1sts again? :D Or the most firsts maybe? I think I have 53 after losing that Slow Ride... And I still can't help thinking you're probably a better squeezer than me. >__>

I don't think I can reach 60 anymore... but I already had it 4 times so I really don't care, lol.
GH3X Goals:
60/70 on-disc 1sts [x] (60, first achieved 08/08/2009)
Soothsayer FC [ ] (-6, 702,890. >__<)
5 FC's of One [x] (4 on Wii; 2 on 360 - 662,409 1st place :3)
TTFAF FC [ ] (974,822 - 1 miss...)
TTFAF 990k [ ] (on an ideal run...)
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice Slow Ride score... more left? 70 after the first activation maybe?

Nice job with Scatterbrain FC and 1st, GH5 is MY game so when I FC the beast I'll try to steal this first... and jakeyboy isn't the best squeezer around so that's why you beat him :P (If you read this jakey: jk, that Gratitude score is impossible to beat).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_o...

You FC'ed what might be the hardest song on GH5 Guitar... Thats insane...

Oh, and you pulled your usual squiz god powers and got slow ride, but its rediculus you still left more on the table from there... Gogo optimal?

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:

inb4 222k

gogo! Wait, is 222k even possible? What's upperbound/optimal on that song?

Xabyxx wrote:
Holy shit
222k isn't possible. period.

Well, the thing is I don't have any consistency on the last activation, almost completely because of the whammying. Sometimes I get good ticks and sometimes I hardly hit the GYB chord. It's kind of frustrating and I'm considering trying some new whammy techinques. Anyway, because of this inconsistency, I personally have no idea how much you can get from the last activation. 222k is a bit of a stretch, but you can get pretty close.
APEthehippy wrote:
Whoa, that's a nice comeback. o__o I might try and tie that when I go to dad's next time (since I squeeze better on the comp screen there)...

I want your dad's monitor
APEthehippy wrote:
...Will you be going for 60 1sts again? Or the most firsts maybe? I think I have 53 after losing that Slow Ride... And I still can't help thinking you're probably a better squeezer than me. >__>

Most firsts is sort of a long term aim, but I don't want to burn myself out.

Also I do think you (and Pas26) have the upper hand on me as far as whammying goes. I know our methods differ. I keep the whammy between my middle and ring fingers (and during my squeeze rampage way back, it was between the index and middle ones). You have all four fingers on top of it, I believe. I keep dropping it when I try that
APEthehippy wrote:
I don't think I can reach 60 anymore... but I already had it 4 times so I really don't care, lol.

60 was amazing! I'm not exactly sure which songs are more or less unreachable nowadays, but I'd be more than satisfied with 50.
Pas26 wrote:
That's a nice Slow Ride score... more left? 70 after the first activation maybe?

Nice job with Scatterbrain FC and 1st, GH5 is MY game so when I FC the beast I'll try to steal this first... and jakeyboy isn't the best squeezer around so that's why you beat him :P (If you read this jakey: jk, that Gratitude score is impossible to beat).

Thanks! Maybe you'll get some competition from me on GH5. At the moment I feel more like playing that game than GH3, but we'll see.

And I didn't get more points where you think I did...

EDIT: btw, how do you whammy?
matt6662 wrote:
O_o...

You FC'ed what might be the hardest song on GH5 Guitar... Thats insane...

I'm not gonna lie. It took much work. At first it didn't look like I could get this FC. I had to practice Groove C for a couple hours (over a few days) before I even hit it once. And while I could hit everything else, the chance of hitting everything in one run was minimal. I tried for a couple of hours every weekend, and got the FC about a month after I started trying.

The only other time I've fought like this for an FC was F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. but it feels very rewarding afterwards. Maybe especially because I got first place on them.
matt6662 wrote:
Oh, and you pulled your usual squiz god powers and got slow ride, but its rediculus you still left more on the table from there... Gogo optimal?

I think optimal is likely to never happen, unless someone comes and does to Ape what he did to me But I seem to be more convinced about this than Ape and Pas are.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Pas26  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do use all 4 finger on top of the whammy bar. While playing downstrums sections, my hand is almost completely open, my index on the tip of the whammy bar. When I need to whammy, I slam both my thumb on the strumbar and every other fingers on the whammy. I'm using strike's theory of late whammy and strum every whammy sustains late (including that orange hammeron sustain before the last activation).

EDIT: I'll let you get a head start on GH5... I'm 1st on more than half the songs and I'm busy with RB2 right now.

If you ever try to squeeze the game, go for Gratitude please. I want to know if jakeyboy got insanely lucky or if I'm doing something wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I found glitched ticks in Mississippi Queen. Well, not found, but I found that you don't lose whammy, which used to be the consencus. So when I discovered that, I got 1st place two weeks ago (129,900). A couple of days ago I got a new camera. And just because MQ was the path I had the freshest in memory (and I'm lazy), I did a couple of runs of it with the camera on. And well, here's what I got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GloQMMfQLlw

The score is the same as Ape's plus 13 points in glitched ticks. Not bad, but not optimal. I know I've hit another tick on the 2nd act. a couple of times.
Pas26 wrote:
I do use all 4 finger on top of the whammy bar. While playing downstrums sections, my hand is almost completely open, my index on the tip of the whammy bar. When I need to whammy, I slam both my thumb on the strumbar and every other fingers on the whammy. I'm using strike's theory of late whammy and strum every whammy sustains late (including that orange hammeron sustain before the last activation).

EDIT: I'll let you get a head start on GH5... I'm 1st on more than half the songs and I'm busy with RB2 right now.

If you ever try to squeeze the game, go for Gratitude please. I want to know if jakeyboy got insanely lucky or if I'm doing something wrong.

I guess I'll just keep whammying my way for now, because I can't really get that to work for me. It works as it should most of the time, but it's less good on really short SP sustains, it seems.

I haven't played GH5 in a while now, so I'm not completely used to the engine. But I already have a technical FGFC, so I should work on it. DWEDFN is being annoying. I used to hit every hard part consistently, but now I can't get past the intro. And if I ever get a FGFC I'll get down to squeezing, because being 1st overall would be a dream come true :P
My youtube channel
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on GH5 1st overall dude, shouldn't be too hard for you

Nice GH3 scores, but I mean that's hardly anything new.

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
Good luck on GH5 1st overall dude, shouldn't be too hard for you

Nice GH3 scores, but I mean that's hardly anything new.

>_>

I will start playing GH5 again the day I lose my first overall. I promise, I will fight for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in this season's GH3X (Division Knights of Cydonia) and GH5X (Division AAA) leagues, going into the playoffs as seed #1 in GH3X and #3 in GH5X. I'm not used to GH5 squeezing and haven't gotten any 1sts there. But on GH3X, I have made sure to get one 1st on video for each week! In order: Even Flow, Radio Song, Pride and Joy and Paranoid. On top of those I got optimal on Suck My Kiss and 221,966 on Slow Ride. As insane as that score might look, I had some assistance by some extra ticks on the second activation. In fact I know of 221,994 points. So who knows, maybe 222k is going to happen.
My youtube channel
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was over a week ago now, but I thought that I would dig up this thread of much nostalgic value to me. I'll begin with an iamchris4Life-esque statement: I still exist!

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'm sure many of you noticed that the leagues this season brought me back. Heck, I'm even on the front page . I had not played GH since I lost against Fug in the GH:WoR XG league the spring of 2011. So I felt really, really rusty coming out of the gate. I made sure to make a lot of time for the first week, and play every day to see if I could dig those squeezing abilities up.

As a side note I was most worried about my whammying, thinking that my broken old GH5tar was the only one with which I could get any good whammy. For that reason I played Radio Song early in the first week, even thought it hadn't been picked, just because I knew that it had tricky whammying. And pretty soon I got optimal. That's when I knew that I was on the right track, and that I would do just fine with my good ol' Les Paul.

The biggest challenge week one was FCing Cliffs Of Dover. On the final day things went really well, and I ended up getting scores so good that I got the highest score on all 4 songs, including a new first place score on Rock and Roll All Night and one tick from 1st on WYWY. But I got some good competition, mainly from UndeadFil13QC, alexhaz64 and Chupacabraz. So I started with 400 points week 1, having just called myself "rusty". Might have put some fear in my opponents :P

Week 2 I won 3 songs, but didn't have a chance against my competition on One. That included a tied 1st place on Cherub Rock. You could also say that I got a semi-tied first place on HMWYBS. The 1st place score uses a glitch that can be debated (and was, during the league). I guess it's fair to use it, but I haven't used it, because it involves playing with lag settings WAY out of sync. Strangely, I tied ukog-monkey's ticks while testing playing on my HD TV with 80+ ms lag. While not glitching like the current 1st place did, lag surely had an effect on ticks gained. So I guess my next thing to do now is to try getting those reptilian ticks, playing with lag.

I had no time to play week 3, so my scores were first FC scores. Except CoP which I somewhat embarrassingly didn't FC. I still got the best score on Even Flow.

Week 4 was another great week where I won every song again. So I got 400 points two weeks! I got Mauvais Garcon optimal and a new first place score on She Bangs the Drums on video.

The playoffs went, if possible, even better. I'm really proud of all the scores that I got there. In the quarterfinals, I got a basically flawless run of Black Sunshine, which for all I know could be optimal (but don't quote me saying it is). In the semifinals, The Way It Ends was picked. Even if I once won a league by getting 1st place on that song, I saw it as a worrying song choice. It ranks amongst my best FCs, and I wasn't sure if I was up to the task again after all this time. Things were looking bad initially with a couple of outro chokes and in general not a single FC, until I suddenly hit the insane 2nd activation squeeze and went on to FC the rest, missing only one squeeze that I was going for. That netted me 3rd place and the highest score on video! It is now one of my biggest long-term goals to get 1st place on TWIE, preferably optimal-ish.

The final was against Undead, who had gotten just a slightly lower score on TWIE. And the song was HIC. I was sure that it was going to be TTFAF, lol . Together with newuser1234, we could establish that there actually was an extra 400 point squeeze remaining on the 4th activation, that nobody had ever gotten before.

I wasn't feeling good on the first day of the final, and couldn't manage a single FC. Granted, I gave up around dinner time because I knew it wasn't my day. The second day was a lot better and I was prepared to grind a lot. I knew that I had to be away most of the Friday (day 3) and all of the Saturday (final day), so I really went for it. The 1st place score at that point was ggamer's 505736. I got these scores that Thursday (in order): 505324, 505508, 505508 again, 505708, 505724, 505736, 506108 and 506124.

I got the 506108 score around midnight and felt good about it. But the ticks were not good, and I was playing really well at that point. So after trying to settle down for sleep, and pretty much failing at it, I started playing again, and got 506124 really fast. Knowing that 506136 was the score that I really wanted and I was starting get seemingly consistent at the 4th squeeze, it was kind of hard to call it a night, but I had to.

Friday was Midsummer's Eve (a big thing in Sweden), so I only got the late evening to play. And like I said, the next day I couldn't play, unless I would bring the game with me. So it was time to do what had basically been on my mind since going to bed the night before: to get the score that I thought could be optimal. On my first intro FC, I didn't get the first squeeze, but I continued and I did hit the 4th squeeze. Then on my second intro FC, it happened! So about 15 minutes was all that was needed. That was a highly relieving moment.

I didn't know if more ticks could be possible. And a potential 3rd activation extra squeeze seemed a bit too impossible, so I felt safe. But when the results came, it turned out that Undead, to my surprise (not because it was him, but because I didn't know it was possible), got one more tick. But I had the extra 400, so for the third time, I had won the highest division of the GH3X league! That was important, because otherwise Undead would've tied with me at 2 each

And as a bonus, I got a trophy next to my name! A nice stat: out of the 19 songs that I played during the league, I got the exclusively best score on 15 of them!

So I want to thank ScoreHero for still running leagues every once in a while! It's been so much fun to squeeze again and with great motivation. Leagues have always been one of my biggest motivators. They are what brought me to ScoreHero in the first place. But hey, there are more motivators. Hmm, it seems ggamer still has more 1sts than me...
My youtube channel
BlakePlaysGH  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bj0rn, i have been wondering something. Are you ever going to FC Before i Forgot, Helicopter, Monsters, In The Belly of a Shark, and Go That Far? You obviously could :P and it would give you a really good rank on GH3 as a whole. Sorry for being a pain but i just am astonished at how good your GH3 scores are, and you are missing 100k on monsters lol.

Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakePlaysGH wrote:
Hey Bj0rn, i have been wondering something. Are you ever going to FC Before i Forgot, Helicopter, Monsters, In The Belly of a Shark, and Go That Far? You obviously could :P and it would give you a really good rank on GH3 as a whole. Sorry for being a pain but i just am astonished at how good your GH3 scores are, and you are missing 100k on monsters lol.

Yeah, I know lol. I was really happy when Black Sunshine got picked in this league, because that used to be one of those songs. And look how that went! I just never found a good reason to squeeze those songs. I suppose I always wanted to be done with the other songs before I went to those, keeping them a bit mysterious to myself in terms of squeezing. I literally have no idea how well squeezed they are. I think that this is how I prioritize things at the moment:

• Attempt to get back the most elusive firsts (like Reptilia, School's Out, Closer, The Metal, etc.)
  • After trying those and possibly failing, get first in setlist order. There was a time when I had 1st place on all songs in the first 4 tiers, plus a few more consecutively, skipping HIC and RYLAH, which at I couldn't FC at that time. If I could redo that, and keep going longer this time, that would be wonderful! If something seems impossible, I can skip it. But I wouldn't let it go easily.
  • FC Raining Blood
  • Improve TTFAF (800k, 850k, 900k)
  • Improve total score in whichever other areas are left.
  • For completeness' sake: FC One and TTFAF and get 1st overall

So looking at the setlist, BIF will be my next FC, unless RaBl magically happens before that.

Then there is this thing that I also want to do, but never quite get started with. I'm trying to write a program that automatically optimizes paths with far more precision than spopt2 (SlowHero), using all the new knowledge about the engine. I have a pretty good idea of how to do it in my head, so I just need to get it done.

Also, I actually have FCed monsters on a random co-op run. The bassist didn't FC but it kind of counts
My youtube channel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: