ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Something i want to do... eventually

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Something i want to do... eventually Reply with quote

not sure if anyone else thought of this (or even started) but i want to replace the colored fret buttons with clear ones and put in colored LEDs, but im not to handy with electrical working or soldering, plus im not sure how i would make the actual buttons.
if anyone has any ideas, or if someone else has already started something like this, i'd apreciate the pointers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Something i want to do... eventually Reply with quote

DarkCalx wrote:
not sure if anyone else thought of this (or even started) but i want to replace the colored fret buttons with clear ones and put in colored LEDs, but im not to handy with electrical working or soldering, plus im not sure how i would make the actual buttons.
if anyone has any ideas, or if someone else has already started something like this, i'd apreciate the pointers

Putting in LED's is easy, just find the power from the controller and the ground from the controller, add a resistor to the LED and solder together. That's it. As for the buttons, I dunno where you can get them made to be clear...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Something i want to do... eventually Reply with quote

DarkCalx wrote:

The clear buttons would definitely be the biggest problem. I'm not at all sure where you'd find those.

Last edited by Dreyvas on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Something i want to do... eventually Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
DarkCalx wrote:

The clear buttons would definitely be the bigest problem. I'm not at all sure where you'd find those.

They would have to be custom made. However, where you can get them made, is beyond me.

Very cool idea, light up the keys with the proper colors instead of just plastic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any experience with making plastics? It'd be much easier and cheaper if you are able to it yourself than if you have somebody else do it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be possible to make a cast out of plaster, then fill it in with resin, which cures fairly clear, I've heard. Getting all the detail might be tricky, though.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I was going to suggest earlier.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get the detail as long as you make sure the cast is really good.

And as long as you make sure that when you're making the cast that you push the button far enough down to get the detail for the bottom, you should be good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

making a plaster cast ws one of the first ideas i had, but theres nowhere around me to get the items i would need. the only arts and crafts type store that i can think of is about a half hour drive from my house. plus i dont know if they would have what i need
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
inyourlilroom  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if, instead of making clear frets, you simply drill holes and imbed the LED in the existing buttons? there isn't much to look at under the fret buttons anyways, all you'd see if they were clear would be the gray pads on the circuit board. just an idea.
gweeto  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Something i want to do... eventually Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Putting in LED's is easy, just find the power from the controller and the ground from the controller, add a resistor to the LED and solder together. That's it. As for the buttons, I dunno where you can get them made to be clear...

would the resistor value be determined on how many LEDs are used and if the are in series or parallel?? It would be cool to deck the guitar with LEDs. could the power from the PS2 suport ore current draw and can the board take it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure if you could get your hands on acetone or some nail-polish remover (which has acetone in it) it would remove the paint from the fret buttons.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I don't think the buttons are painted.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
doxie.suicide  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kramchuck wrote:
I'm pretty sure if you could get your hands on acetone or some nail-polish remover (which has acetone in it) it would remove the paint from the fret buttons.

That would alter the texture of the buttons and eat away at the plastic... not a good idea, trust me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: