ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SG Paint Job Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: SG Paint Job Questions Reply with quote

I don't know a lot about paint and taking stuff apart and all that jazz, but I've done my hardware forum research and I'm considering giving a custom paint job a try. However, I have some quick questions.

Basically if I want to do this, I must:

1. Get decent spraypaint
2. Use primer on SG
3. Follow instructions and to paint....use blue painter's tape and spray???

Not sure what the best method is since I'm not good with taking stuff apart...

Thanks!
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
NetStormer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you sand down the SG before applying primer. I don't think it will stick unless it's been sanded first.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I did, although most people will say I did it wrong. I bought some car paint and a bottle of white krylon fusion from wal mart. Then I cleaned all the parts real good. I then sprayed everything with a coat of white and another coat of white about 40 minutes later. Then I went to sleep. Then I woke up and painted everything (metallic green) and gave it 4 additional coats with about 40 minutes inbetween. Then I painted it with gloss. I threw away the can already but it was actually called "glaze." I then let it dry for the next few hours, gave it another coat, then went to sleep, woke up the next day, gave it another coat of gloss. Then that night around 8 I put it all back together. Now I have an extremely shiny/glossy metallic green controller.
LiveMusic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kariodude wrote:
Here is what I did, although most people will say I did it wrong. I bought some car paint and a bottle of white krylon fusion from wal mart. Then I cleaned all the parts real good. I then sprayed everything with a coat of white and another coat of white about 40 minutes later. Then I went to sleep. Then I woke up and painted everything (metallic green) and gave it 4 additional coats with about 40 minutes inbetween. Then I painted it with gloss. I threw away the can already but it was actually called "glaze." I then let it dry for the next few hours, gave it another coat, then went to sleep, woke up the next day, gave it another coat of gloss. Then that night around 8 I put it all back together. Now I have an extremely shiny/glossy metallic green controller.
Are there any pics of it? I would love to see how it looks.
Kariodude  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get some pics of it and my shiny metallic blue one. I don't have a camera though. I might be able to use a friends camera this weekend and take shots of them.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but the reason I used white under the actual color I used was so the color would show up better. On top of black, some colors come out so dark you wouldn't even be able to see them close up, and on top of red, you get the wrong color altogether. White just makes the color show up better.
Torey  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean, Sand, Clean, Primer, Paint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: