ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Def Leppard DLC pack now available for GH3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, and Rhapsody of Fire pack? =P

I'd cream myself at that.
Warnar  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't regret buying it, but I had just bought Ernten Was Wis Säen that same day so.... w/e. Why don't they just put Fury of the Storm live? now that would be stupid.
Slax  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering at first, but looking at the charts I think I'll pass. Save up my points for some rock band DLC i suppose.
playitloud413  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus228 wrote:
i give up.

gh iii dlc sucks

i'm buying rock band. i've had enough of this shit

Welcome!

I stopped playing GH3 the day Rock Band came out and I have no intention of ever going back. Rock Band destroys GH3 on every level, although I will say that I prefer to use the Les Paul when I play RB.

One thing that royally pisses me off about GH3 is the hammer-on/pull-of system. Having notes that MUST BE STRUMMED in the middle of a solo or a riff that otherwise in any other game would be a HO/PO is just DUMB. Players like myself who have been used to that system since GH2 don't want to have to re-learn something we've been acclimated with for so long. At its core, GH is a very simple game and it seemed (to me anyway) that there couldn't possibly be a way to screw it up (at least not the mechanics of the game anyway) but sure enough, Neversoft did. Way to go guys. Stick to skateboarding games.

That and the downloads are a) sporadically released, b) crap, and c) over-priced. I can a) pay 500 points every now and then when they decide to release new DLC for a pack of 3 songs that I can play lead and rhythm/bass or I can b) pay 440 points for a pack of 3 songs (that arrive every Tuesday without question) that I can play guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. That point cannot be argued. Rock Band wins. Guitar Hero fails.

Don't even start with your "What if the songs aren't in a pack, huh?" If that's the case then they're 160 MSP/each, which is still 20 points under a 3-song pack for GH3. And sometimes they release songs for free (Still Alive) or half-price (Christmas DLC and Harmonix Pack 01 DLC were 80 points per song).

Maybe it's because I've been playing since Guitar Hero 1. I'm at the point where I don't give a shit about playing harder and harder songs. That's not fun for me anymore. I already have enough expert full-combos and gold stars. I've five-starred every song in GH1, GH2, GH80, GH3, and RB (including all of Rock Band's DLC because I've downloaded every single song). However, I will admit, that my universal five-starring does not include TTFAF (which I have 4 stars on) or Thrasher which is just an absolute bastard and if I ever get more than the 3 stars I have now I will throw a party and you're all invited.

I five-starred every song in GH3 (except TTFAF) the first time I played through it. The only one I didn't five-star the first time through was Raining Blood (took a couple tries). I beat Lou the first time I battled him. I passed TTFAF on my third try. The first two times I failed during the intro but once I got past that, it wasn't a problem. I did it without using any star power either (I have witnesses, I've done it plenty of times).

All that being said, I'm at the point where I'd rather be playing songs that are more fun WITH my friends than playing songs that are more difficult AGAINST my friends. That's why I like Rock Band; you're all playing together, getting into it together, feeding off each other's energy. You're not trying to kick each other's ass for video game supremacy. Yeah, there's score duel and tug-of-war modes in Rock Band but neither myself nor any of my friends have ever played each other in it. Playing through band world tour mode with three of your friends is the apex of what a video game should be.

Out of habit, I reserved Guitar Hero: Aerosmith as soon as it got announced. And then, after I thought about it, I went back and canceled it. And I'm not rushing out to buy a Nintendo DS either. Christ on a bicycle, what will you people think of next.
steve028  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarsPhoenix wrote:
How about Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, and Rhapsody of Fire pack? =P

I'd cream myself at that.

im with u there mate, wintersun would be insane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Here is to hoping the original tracks get released in the future....preferably in RB format...so I can sing it and play drums.

You have a spare octave or two to lend over? I could use them.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
DJspin1  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
tidus228 wrote:
i give up.

gh iii dlc sucks

Welcome!

I stopped playing GH3 the day Rock Band came out and I have no intention of ever going back. Rock Band destroys GH3 on every level, although I will ...........

lol, you couldn't wait to get that off your chest. Yeah, this isn't the place for that discussion so take it somewhere else like the Rock Band forums.

Goals:
FC Freebird [ ] | 5* TTFAF b4 GH:WT [X] | Get More FCs [ ]
Warnar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJspin1 wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:
tidus228 wrote:
i give up.

gh iii dlc sucks

Welcome!

I stopped playing GH3 the day Rock Band came out and I have no intention of ever going back. Rock Band destroys GH3 on every level, although I will ........... a whole novel of ideas

lol, you couldn't wait to get that off your chest. Yeah, this isn't the place for that discussion so take it somewhere else like the Rock Band forums.

Agree, that can make you look like a troll, If you don't like GH, stick to the RB forums.
anonymous_9  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
NovAether  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine Lives is an easy fc, but there's room for some sqeezes for the optimizers out there *cough*Lo7*cough*. Photograph is fun enough with a couple tough solos and an overall good song. What makes a good DLC is a song you come back to and play over and over. There aren't many of these (We Three Kings, Slash Guitar Battle, Almost Easy, ...), but I Rock Of Ages falls into this category for me. I suppose its a matter of skill level - I can hit the solos in pieces, but I always miss a handful of notes when put together, so it's a challenge for me. It's a pretty good pack imo - definitely better than a really easy pack like the No Doubt Pack that you play once, FC it, then never play it again. When the only recurring complaints are "RB is teh l33t GH is 4 nubz" then I think Neversoft did their job this time.

El Jefe - 38/39 (RaB 4.5*)
All 5* - 65/70 (RaB 4.5*|MG 4.5*|NfmH 4.7*|TWiE 4.6*|TTFaF 4.0*)
Pass TDWDTG - 77%
25 FCs - 22/25 (23 100%'s)
21 mil total score - 20.5 mil
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like everyone is liking the new DLC. Free or no?
I dont have any microsoft points. Anybody have any laying around?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
J-ice25  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it so much it just pwns but to bad the best songso in the pack are live recordings
Goose  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue3296 wrote:
rabies wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:
Can't really add much to what rabies said. DL made amazing studio albums. The chorus of Photograph was epic, and when I listen to the live version, it's such an amazing letdown.

EDIT: btw, this was the first time that I've purchased a GH3 DLC. Knowing that the band was in DLC format excited me, but this will be the first and last time I purchase GH3 DLC. I'm highly disappointed.

I hear ya DMA...this pack is an epic fail IMO. I almost bought it..I am very glad I checked out the vid before I did so..I've absolutely no intention on buying this now. Here is to hoping the original tracks get released in the future....preferably in RB format...so I can sing it and play drums.

Live version is always a risk. Obviosly, there are some bands where they sound better or almost better in live, and others who just.... fail (not that I'd point out Dragonforce or anything, that would just be mean)

If you got some AC/DC live DLC, that'd be awesome. The 15 minute long "Let There Be Rock" solo is great. Not that I'd ever expect to see something like that in DLC, but that live solo would just be so kick ass to play.
Whammy911  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Poor Some Sugar On Me in that pack?
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whammy911 wrote:
There is no Poor Some Sugar On Me in that pack?

I love this song, but it would be incredibly boring to play on there. Not enough guitar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: