ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
youhas presents: NorCal ScoreHero Get-Together 2.0 (6/20-22)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Ealasaid  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, folks! Glad to hear people enjoyed themselves in spite of the blistering heat.

We have a BUNCH of stuff that got left here. Please PM me if you left something and we'll set something up to get it back to you.

List of Things Found So Far:

dark blue bath towel
tan bath towel
wireless PS2 guitar
les paul (Wedge, pretty sure this one's yours)
headset for a cellphone
Golfland arcade card
Edit: also a power cord/adapter, looks like it's for a laptop
-Questionable Content

Last edited by Ealasaid on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: CasaEalasaid ICQ Number
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was such a blast!~

I'm so glad that the gamespot tournament overlapped this. I would have never dreamed I'd get to make it to a get-together that was on the other side of the country. Big thanks to the hosts and it was a pleasure getting to meet everyone there. =)
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreakManX wrote:
I figured that I'd let you guys know that our XBL Rock Band band "ScoreHero in NorCal" made it up to 128th or so on the leaderboard for points, and our epic runs of both Blinded by Fear and Kool Thing each managed to land in 3rd place on their respective leaderboards.

I did some quick spot-checking and it turns out that we were also 2nd on China Cat Sunflower (of all things). And our Green Grass and High Tides run - our only run, which was also Lunchb0x's sightread on lead guitar - was somewhere in the top 15. This is all fairly ridiculous, given that we weren't playing with optimal lineups, didn't have any paths, and spent a not insignificant portion of the evening having two people man the bass (one fretting, one strumming).

Anyway: thanks very much to everybody who was able to make it on out to our little shindig here. (Your understanding for our total lack of floor space, gaming stations, air conditioning, and pretty much everything except beer was most appreciated! ) It's tons of fun, seeing all that sort of ZOMG WUT talent in action, getting to put faces and personalities to usernames, and verifying that everyone is as chill and witty as one might have been led to believe by seein' 'em post here. (And/or on this mythical "IRC" thing I keep hearing about. Mr. Green )

Massive bonus thanks all around to the folks who were instrumental in getting this whole affair to a state of maximum awesomeness. Without Wedge carrying folks from San Francisco to the South Bay and back, we wouldn't have gotten to see the tournament folks; without deepbluevibes' camera setup, we wouldn't have had a streaming feed, denying the Internet the real-time ability to hear our lovely Bang Camaro-style talkies-as-performed-by-Superman abilities. And firestarter322 recorded the bejesus out of everything for archival purposes - I've seen wars less well-documented than this weekend of rhythm gaming was. To say nothing of MajorGeek's modded PS2, or Jetster's GH3-customs-worthy Wii, or everyone who brought along a customs disc (or five) or drumming accessories for communal enjoyment - it was a total group effort, it was. It wouldn't have been half the event that it was without your collective contributions; I am most thankful for the effort.

(Additional bonus thanks go to our neighbors for not calling the cops on us at any point, no matter how much thrash-metal screaming occurred well after midnight. No idea if they were all deaf, timid, or just pacifists, but we never heard word one from 'em. Thanks for indirectly helping the cause!)

Thanks again for coming on out, everybody. Here's to hoping that we can cobble together another one of these sometime soon!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
voidofenigmas  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell ya man i'll be at the next one hopefully to ur guys level ya ur neighbors are the shit
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: voidofenigmas
witwix  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
and spent a not insignificant portion of the evening having two people man the bass (one fretting, one strumming).

Hey, you have to admit, wedge and I were the best 2 person, one guitar team ever.

Also, this was an absolute blast, even if I don't happen to win a trip to California the weekend of this next year, I may fly out anyway
firestarter322  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Update on NorCal Get-Together videos Reply with quote

I've just gotten through the first tape of all of the get-together videos, meaning that I'm 1/3 of the way through the uploads onto Youtube. I finished all of the the Rock Band videos and the three Guitar Hero III videos. The rest will all be custom songs, starting with some Rocks the 80's customs, then the GHII Customs Tournament (Sorry, I lost the Fury of the Storm video), and finally three of JetsterDaJet's GHIII customs. I'll let you guys know when I finish the second tape. In the meantime, here's the link to my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/firestarter322

Later.
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Update on NorCal Get-Together videos Reply with quote

firestarter322 wrote:
I've just gotten through the first tape of all of the get-together videos, meaning that I'm 1/3 of the way through the uploads onto Youtube. I finished all of the the Rock Band videos and the three Guitar Hero III videos. The rest will all be custom songs, starting with some Rocks the 80's customs, then the GHII Customs Tournament (Sorry, I lost the Fury of the Storm video), and finally three of JetsterDaJet's GHIII customs. I'll let you guys know when I finish the second tape. In the meantime, here's the link to my Youtube channel:

Later.

You didn't get a vid of DWDTG?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Update on NorCal Get-Together videos Reply with quote

MajorGeek42 wrote:
firestarter322 wrote:

Later.

Yeah and he taped over my 5* We Three Kings sight read. Imma splode his head.
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ealasaid wrote:
Hey, folks! Glad to hear people enjoyed themselves in spite of the blistering heat.

We have a BUNCH of stuff that got left here. Please PM me if you left something and we'll set something up to get it back to you.

List of Things Found So Far:

dark blue bath towel
tan bath towel
wireless PS2 guitar
les paul (Wedge, pretty sure this one's yours)
headset for a cellphone
Golfland arcade card
Edit: also a power cord/adapter, looks like it's for a laptop

Yep, I definitely left my Les Paul there. Think I can swing by tomorrow (Tuesday) to grab it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Update on NorCal Get-Together videos Reply with quote

MajorGeek42 wrote:
firestarter322 wrote:

Later.

CRAP!! Didn't have the camera set up at the time!
firestarter322  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Update on NorCal Get-Together videos Reply with quote

JetsterDajet wrote:
Yeah and he taped over my 5* We Three Kings sight read. Imma splode his head.

..............................sorry
Ealasaid  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmswedge wrote:
Yep, I definitely left my Les Paul there. Think I can swing by tomorrow (Tuesday) to grab it?

Sure thing. Youhas and I will be around tonight. What time are you thinking of coming by? I will probably be around from 5ish onward, I expect.
-Questionable Content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: CasaEalasaid ICQ Number
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ealasaid wrote:
pmswedge wrote:

Sure thing. Youhas and I will be around tonight. What time are you thinking of coming by? I will probably be around from 5ish onward, I expect.

I'm thinking somewhere in the 6PM range. I will give you a call.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vids from my camera (shot by various folks including myself) are up in my YouTube profile: http://youtube.com/ealasaidh. I got a handful of 'em, including DBV's epic singing-and-drumming setlist. Woo.
-Questionable Content
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: