ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH1 - Expert League Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: S9 - GH1 - Expert League Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 9 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the GH1 expert leagues. With the new interface, there will no longer be actual threads for the results.

We are still sorting out who will be commissioning each league this season.

Week 1 Songs
Will be posted at the leagues page

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (9PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
Score - Note Streak and %.
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
This season, to facilitate score input, we will be usinghttp://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions. Score submission will go up at some point tonight, it may not be ready exactly at midnight.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as season 7. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
adzicents  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who am I up against?

I hope strike and f4 aren't in this league. =/

This week shouldn't be too much difficulty, although I'll have to grind a bit to get a decent GR2R score...

Good luck everyone. ^_^
[*] YouTube Page.
[*] Rock Band Accomplishments Thread.
[*] RB2 Drum Scores / 50/84 Drums FCs
[*] RB2 Vocals Scores / 60/84 Vox FCs
[*] 11 Million Rock Band 1 Drums!
nesdude  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo.

I'm really excited for this league for some reason. I may not be the best GH1 player, but it's fun to go back to the roots of Guitar Hero and see how different it is compared to now. I'm excited for this weeks songs (sans GR2R, I don't think I'll ever get another good run on that!)

Good luck to all.

-nesdude

toymachine wrote:

Welcome to Scorehero. Where we dissect sections of Dragonforce songs so the official chart can disappoint us in some minute way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: nesdude128
BlueEagle  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adzicents wrote:

This week shouldn't be too much difficulty, although I'll have to grind a bit to get a decent GR2R score...

Urgh, tell me about it.

Probably won't focus too much on this league, SP paths are mental, and I#m not great at the whole STRUM ALL NOTES thing.

But I shall have fun! good luck all :3

My most loved thread lock ever
Endless Setlist 2 Completed 27/2/09, 415/420* BoS achieved (plus first five star of battery, barely any OD usage :|)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Blue Eagle 112
Akumu  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, The best i've done on expert is beat the setlist.
Well, hopefully i'll slip by into the upper half!

Songs:

GR2R: Never played it. But apparently it's hard.

NOK: Love the song. Put lots of practice in here.

HG: Once again, love it. A little easier too.

BTM: Pretty Easy.

Overall: I think i'll do well at BTM, HG, and NOK. GR2R, well, we'll see.

As a side note my awesome, classic guitar hero I guitar is getting a paint job. So it's in pieces. (I almost got to GHIII hard playoffs with it. ) So I'll have to practice with my huge clunky guitar or at my friends house with his awesome one. (Whilst we play rock band.)
ir0ckdrumz073  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, GH1 Leagues. Doesn't look like there'll too many people.

So, Get Ready 2 Rokk: I guess I'll try to FC everything but the crazy solo and triplets and stuff, we'll see how it goes.

No One Knows and Higher Ground: Pretty easy FC's I should get this week.
Behind The Mask: LOL I have like 12th place or something on this right now. I'll re-FC but probably won't beat my score.
taint666  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooooooo

i love GR2R... and on my first run i hit the fucking crazy fast the note triplets in the beginning looookin good for me

as for the rest we shall see.. ill plug some time into them in the latter part of the week
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i ate a key lime pie today
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i felt like a traitor
Loincloth  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck to all.. this is my first leauge.. all i can do on GR2R is 4* it.. ill have to practice it a lot.. but i can fc HG and BTM and NOK ... ugh theres this one part on it...... its realy simlpe for most people but for some reason i cant hit the notes! its those really short notes with little notes at the end and then it goes G RG G RG G RG G RG for a long time.. it makes me so mad that i cant hit them.. otherwise i could FC it.. -.-
well good luck everone.
pashumba  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i'm finished for this week... i could get a few better scores, but these aren't bad. it's been a looong week for leagues lol, now i'm going to study for my apush test tomorrow

reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: OMFG nvm I'm getting GH1 back on friday. Yes, I'm still in it =]

Last edited by reikonkeiri on Fri May 09, 2008 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: rei-Scarred
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to drop out. Thanks to some unexpected incidents, I can't play leagues this season.
Janus5k  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm done for the week.

Get Ready 2 Rokk: Fluked some stuff I'm not fluking again anytime soon. I'll take it.
No One Knows:
Higher Ground:
Behind the Mask:

How disturbing.
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im happy with my scores for this week but I couldve gotten about 2-3k more on GR2R if I activated a little later at the end =[

edit: question: if we get awesome GH1 scores while this league is going on can we use them for future weeks if those songs come up, as long as we dont upload the scores? I'm asking because this league is making me play GH1 a whole lot more and I'm afraid to get new scores if I can't use them because if that song comes up it would be that much harder to get something better
BulkySam  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAH! I forgot to submit my scores before coming to work! I hope this baseball game doesn't go too long. My scores are a little *meh*, but I had some nice improvements.

www.tamuk.edu/ktai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BulkySam PSN Name: BulkySam
adzicents  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's the morning and my scores are in. I'm heavily disappointed with a few, namely No One Knows and Get Ready 2 Rokk, but hopefully I'm still in the top league.

Higher Ground could've been better and I should've been able to get higher on Behind The Mask but these will have to do. Good luck to all .
[*] YouTube Page.
[*] Rock Band Accomplishments Thread.
[*] RB2 Drum Scores / 50/84 Drums FCs
[*] RB2 Vocals Scores / 60/84 Vox FCs
[*] 11 Million Rock Band 1 Drums!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: