ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Homemade Guitar Hero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sifoo8  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Homemade Guitar Hero Reply with quote

Since its pretty hard to find and quite expensive just to get a GH Controller here in malaysia, so i've decided to make one. Is it possible for me to make it from PS2 dualshock controller instead of using PSOne dualshock controller. The only guide i found on the net of making GH Controller out of PSOne gamepad is Elmo Guitar Hero SG by Nextonex. My questions are :
1. Can i use ps2 dualshock controller instead of psone dualshock controller
2. The trickiest part is how to build the strum bar. Any idea?
3. Is there any detail guide/tutorial to turn ps2/One controller into GH controller

this my project drawing..
material use:
2 piece plywood
12 piece momentary push button (5 normal play, 5 solo play, 1 start/pause, 1 star power/select)
1 piece analog stick (for whammy)

Riz  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you're up for quite the challenge there, especially with respect to getting an effective strum bar and whammy implementation. One question, however, I can answer. If you use a PS2 controller, your controller will not function with Guitar Hero 2. The RedOctane SG is built on a PS1 controller system, and while GH1 doesn't check or care, GH2 does.

There are, to my knowledge, definitely no instructions for doing something like this out there. You'd definitely be on your own.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

means that i still can use PS2 controller but GH2 wont recognized it as GH SG. So GH2 will detect my modded PS2 gamepad as normal controller (GH2 Guitar without strumbar). Then if i need a working strumbar, i need to mod the PSOne controller. One more thing, can PSOne controller plugged to PS2 console??
zzzzzz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is much help, but it seemed like a start to me. I remembered finding this quite a while ago, well even before i found scorehero .

http://toolmonger.com/2006/12/05/how-to-build-your-own-custom-full-sized-wireless-guitar-hero-controller/
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sifoo8 wrote:
One more thing, can PSOne controller plugged to PS2 console??

Most definitely. I played Twisted Metal 3 on a regular PS1 controller...then turned it off after remember how unfair the game was. *ahem* But that's not the point. Yes, you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: