ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Elder Scrolls 4 : Oblivion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls 4 : Oblivion Reply with quote

What do you guys think of this game?

I think it's monumental, and IMO, has the greatest graphics I've ever seen in a game. I have done almost all of the quests (haven't played Knights of the Nine, or any other download-able quests) in the game, and I still love playing this game.

Although, I still do love Gears of War a little bit better because you can play with other people and it is an FPS.

SThorpe  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait untill I get this! (on whichever platform, it's coming out for PS3 too I think?). Sounds incredible from what I've seen and heard.
EvilByte  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this game a lot. It's really fun and I will agree that it is an extremely graphically advanced game; it's just damn pretty. I like it better for the PC as I <3 my mouse and keyboard, but my friend plays it on 360 and I could see the usefulness of a controller in some parts. The quests are really fun and I like just walking around in the wilderness all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten myself to sit down and commit to playing to game. but of what i know, i wouldn't call it the best. I'll have to wait until summer break before i get into a game like this
Nulien  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this game too, for the PC... but I haven't really got into it yet. But yeah... aside from the fact that NPCs are just incredibly ugly when you're face to face with one, the graphics are amazing... when I first got outside, I was stunned, I just stood there looking around at the sky, mountains, grass, everything, the best looking graphics I've ever seen in a PC game.
Tomthegod  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this game, ive had it for a year, and still play it. I have 5 characters, Levels 51, 49, 52, 39, and 1
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh this was the first game i got for my 360
I got a level 43 agrgonian, whos pretty good.
But my mates took it to far and are like untouchable/ unstopable.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
SideEffect89  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recentley got this game a few weeks ago, and im hooked. Im still a noob at it though, only lvl 10, and really dont know what im doin'- just wandering around doing stuff for the fighters guild , any tricks or tips to help a noob out would be appreciated.
Rayzor  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant sit and play an RPG for too long unless Im determined or its really good. (Final Fantasys are the only RPG's Ive ever completed... VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII, also KH1 and KH2). I played Oblivion for about 3 months before I got bored... I was level 30 something before I quit and sold it back to Gamestop. It was a fun game though, Id recommend it.
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SideEffect89 wrote:
I just recentley got this game a few weeks ago, and im hooked. Im still a noob at it though, only lvl 10, and really dont know what im doin'- just wandering around doing stuff for the fighters guild , any tricks or tips to help a noob out would be appreciated.

Just go around for a bit get to about lv 22 something like that, that'll open up enchanted Deadric and glass armour and wepons so you'll be ablr to beat mostly anything.
Do the guild quests if you wish, they do help alot, espically the mage guild when you rank up and the university becomes avaialbe for good alchemy etc.
But the fighters guild is good for good armour and wepons.
If you need help on a specific thing just send me a message or something and i'll be more than happy to help you.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I prefer not leveling up every chance I get, what with scaling difficulty and so.

Still, having hoards of glass arrows and an enchanted dwarven bow is quite nice.

I think my wood elf I'm playing right now is like level 16 or 17, which I got all at once from level 3 when I slept many times in a row.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
Haha, I prefer not leveling up every chance I get, what with scaling difficulty and so.

Still, having hoards of glass arrows and an enchanted dwarven bow is quite nice.

I think my wood elf I'm playing right now is like level 16 or 17, which I got all at once from level 3 when I slept many times in a row.

Yeh I know what you mean, I did that one.
Fell asleep and went up by 9 levels
Leveling up earlier in the game can help, you get better stuff, better magic to use so you can kill the more powerful creatures easier than you would kill the lower levels at a early stage.

GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leveling system is really screwed up. I don't like the random loot either. In its predecessor, there were only 2 sets of Daedric Armor in the whole game. One was worn by an NPC you really shouldn't kill. The other had pieces of it spread through Morrowind and its expansion packs. One of the three Daedric helms was unique.

In Oblivion, it's like every stupid marauder is wearing a little bit of Daedric. Really takes away from the value.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daedric armor and weapons are also USELESS. A weight of 1 for ONE ARROW? Fuck that.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, once you get your armor skill to 100, the weight of armor no longer matters. I'd use Daedric arrows, there's just no good way to get them. Maybe duplication cheat, but I don't feel like cheating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: