ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Roller Coaster Thread (Summer '10 is quickly upon us!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Six Flags Play Pass and am finally planning on hitting up some coasters.... after a year of not doing so...

/me still looks at Graf to figure out a group trip... damnit...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from Cedar Point, and it was freakin awesome. The Maverick's first drop was so crazy. I didn't know it was possible to drop more than 90 degrees! The Raptor was awesome too, and I really liked the Magnum. I was too scared to go on Top Thrill Dragster, and we didn't have time to make it to the Millennium Force, but I had so much fun riding those coasters. Also, I tore up the Guitar Hero: Arcade there XD. Go try to beat some of my scores.. they are under Durham because that is my last name.

Also, I went to Kings Island, and I have to say I was disappointed in the Diamondback. The first drop could have been crazy, but it took like 5 seconds to make it over the peak, so it wasn't very intense. The Firehawk was crazy though. I was so scared because it was the first time I ever had to lie down on a coaster.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's that time again... Anyone got any plans for Summer '11? I may be able to go to Six Flags Chicago later in the summer (hoping) but even if not the local hub of parks in SoCal is pretty dang awesome
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I am either going to Carowinds or Dollywood or both this summer. Probably both. So I'm pretty excited about that. Canobie's getting a new coaster I'll check out eventually, and if the Flying Turns at Knoebels opens this year I'm going there come hell or high water.

...Actually considering how often they flood high water is very likely.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot SFMM is getting something new this season so that's something to look forward to

PiemanLK wrote:
I am pretty sure I am either going to Carowinds or Dollywood or both this summer. Probably both. So I'm pretty excited about that. Canobie's getting a new coaster I'll check out eventually, and if the Flying Turns at Knoebels opens this year I'm going there come hell or high water.

...Actually considering how often they flood high water is very likely.

Solid line-up, needs Dollywood Mystery Mine review ITT eventually.
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to King's Dominion on Wednesday. My friend is forcing me to go on the Intimidator 305. I hate most coasters, especially huge drops. I am going to die.

Any tips on how to stop being a pussy about coasters?
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InflatablePie wrote:
I'm going to King's Dominion on Wednesday. My friend is forcing me to go on the Intimidator 305. I hate most coasters, especially huge drops. I am going to die.

Any tips on how to stop being a pussy about coasters?

Unfortunately if you think you aren't going to like it there's a 99% chance you won't. Basically the only way to stop being scared is to go on roller coasters frequently and you'll get accustomed to it eventually.

For the first few times though:

1. Try to distract yourself as much as possible pre-ride (pretty much impossible but at least try :p).

2. Don't fight the forces, go with them. Let your body move naturally, don't tense it. You can (and should) hold on to something but not with an iron grip.

3. If all else fails close your eyes and pretend you're just in one of those motion simulators, it actually works if you can get yourself into a certain state of mind. It'll just feel like you're floating. However don't do this right at the start, do it at the top of the drop or else you'll just be thinking about when you're going to fall.

4. It's only 2 minutes long, how bad can it be?

All of these are easier said than done but try to use whatever combination of those four you can in the moment. Just remember that just like most activities while some people like rollercoasters naturally they will become an acquired taste to almost everyone else with enough exposure. Good luck

EDIT: Also if you really don't want to ride it you could suggest to your friend to start with some slightly smaller ones and if you really, really, don't like them, maybe he won't make you go on the big one It's probably a good idea anyway even if you really do have/want to start doing rollercoasters.
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaving on Friday, the day after graduation, for California with my friends. We're going to Disneyland for 3 days, but then I'm REALLY excited for 2.5 days at Magic Mountain afterward. Last time I went was before Tatsu was built, so I can't wait to ride it for the first time. Looks really amazing. I also didn't get to ride X because of the long line, but I'm have time to ride X2.

Wooooooo
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkyzero wrote:
I'm leaving on Friday, the day after graduation, for California with my friends. We're going to Disneyland for 3 days, but then I'm REALLY excited for 2.5 days at Magic Mountain afterward. Last time I went was before Tatsu was built, so I can't wait to ride it for the first time. Looks really amazing. I also didn't get to ride X because of the long line, but I'm have time to ride X2.

Wooooooo

Tatsu really is amazing and is also intense as fuck. The pretzel loop is by far the most intense element I've ever experienced. However overall X2 would probably still be the best ride in the park if it stopped after the first drop.

/me is getting more and more excited for summer
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do a Mystery Mine review if I can. Or hell, a review of the whole park.

I'm looking forward to the BBQ there so much. I've heard it's great.

Oh, I almost forgot: this looks incredibly orgasmic. It's definitely in my top 3 on my wishlist, maybe right under Prowler at Worlds of Fun.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Cheetah Hunt looks really awesome. Too bad Busch Gardens is super far away from me. :<
hotpocket423  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:

Oh, I almost forgot: this looks incredibly orgasmic. It's definitely in my top 3 on my wishlist, maybe right under Prowler at Worlds of Fun.

Idk, maybe its just me but i dont think that ride looks all too great. I think the only aspect i would like is the length, which is relatively long so thats always a plus. Sheikra, on the the other hand, is a phenomenal ride. I was just there a little over a month ago and made the trip up to orlando as well for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. For one day, both parks, and the express passes, cost me $396 for me and my girlfriend.

Im A huge roller coaster fan, living near Kennywood is sort of cool, but the park blows now after going to way better parks. Living 2 hours from Cedar Point though is always something i like though. I wish we could get some rides around here like X or X2 or anything innovative. Top Thrill Dragster is ok, just way too short. Millenium Force is simply amazing though IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:

Idk, maybe its just me but i dont think that ride looks all too great. I think the only aspect i would like is the length, which is relatively long so thats always a plus. Sheikra, on the the other hand, is a phenomenal ride. I was just there a little over a month ago and made the trip up to orlando as well for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. For one day, both parks, and the express passes, cost me $396 for me and my girlfriend.

Im A huge roller coaster fan, living near Kennywood is sort of cool, but the park blows now after going to way better parks. Living 2 hours from Cedar Point though is always something i like though. I wish we could get some rides around here like X or X2 or anything innovative. Top Thrill Dragster is ok, just way too short. Millennium Force is simply amazing though IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotpocket423 wrote:
Sheikra, on the the other hand, is a phenomenal ride.

Dive machines are bleh IMO. I mean it's not like they're the worst coasters ever or anything it's just that B&Ms are so mediocre to begin with; what good did they think could possibly come from removing everything except two of the drops and making them vertical? I was so let down after getting off it for the third time and not being as impressed as everyone else on earth was by them. I'll ride Sheikra again if I ever go back to Busch but it's pretty much the weakest coaster in the park besides Scorpion and Cheetah Chase.

By the way I'm actually totally jealous that you live near Kennywood, I REALLY want to go there.
Warlord  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
hotpocket423 wrote:
Sheikra, on the the other hand, is a phenomenal ride.

Dive machines are bleh IMO. I mean it's not like they're the worst coasters ever or anything it's just that B&Ms are so mediocre to begin with; what good did they think could possibly come from removing everything except two of the drops and making them vertical? I was so let down after getting off it for the third time and not being as impressed as everyone else on earth was by them. I'll ride Sheikra again if I ever go back to Busch but it's pretty much the weakest coaster in the park besides Scorpion and Cheetah Chase.

By the way I'm actually totally jealous that you live near Kennywood, I REALLY want to go there.

No way dude. Griffon's first drop is way intense. The first drop alone makes it better than a lot of their other rides. I'll be honest, other than of the three hypers from them I've been on, Diamondback was the only one I'd say I enjoyed more than Griffon. And only after I rode it in the back(assigned seating FTL). I'd even be bold enough to say that the first drops on their dive machines are the most exciting thing they've done in the past seven or so years.

But I know a lot of people like the beemer hypers, so whatever.

And Scorpion kicks ass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: