ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Roller Coaster Thread (Summer '10 is quickly upon us!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did The Ultimate on a school trip about 19 years ago.

Dude, I'm old.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally went on of one these guys.

I've wanted to go on a giant inverted boomerang coaster since I was 14 (9 years ago) and I'm so glad Six Flags New England got one cause it was a BLAST to go on. I was in the front so I got a nice perfect view straight down at the ground.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:

I've wanted to go on a giant inverted boomerang coaster since I was 14 (9 years ago) and I'm so glad Six Flags New England got one cause it was a BLAST to go on. I was in the front so I got a nice perfect view straight down at the ground.

You went to SFNE and didn't invite me D: hehe

I haven't been all season (my friends are a bit sick of Six Flags after going every year for like 8 years). Still have yet to go on this since the last time I went was last year after it was constructed but before it was open.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinitawowi wrote:
I did The Ultimate on a school trip about 19 years ago.

Dude, I'm old.

19 years ago I was ever so slightly more than 2. So you are probably significantly older than I am, unless you started school around the age of 3.

Also, it's very funny that the topic still mentions the summer of 2010. Guess that's not gonna get fixed any time soon...
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:

How did I never see this thread before? There's nothing I love more than a good coaster!

I've been on that exact one before, it used to be called Deja Vu when it was located at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Those Giant Inverted Boomerangs really scramble your brains.

I'll be doing an insane amount of roller coastin' in the next few weeks. Next Sunday I'm headed to SF Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, the week after that I'm doing Magic Mountain to try their new coaster Full Throttle, and a few days after that on 9/7 and 9/8 I'm going to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH for the first time....so about 30 roller coasters in 3 weeks
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a few of the craziest coasters in the world that are on my bucket list to be able to ride

Gravity Max - Known as the "tilt coaster" you go up the lift and then edge up to a sheer dropoff (as in, there's no more track) at which point the whole track tilts 90 degrees and connects with the rest of the track below. After a pause for dramatic effect, the train is dropped. This is the only coaster like it in the world, it's located in Taiwan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA4_BjmHzAM

Starry Sky Ripper - This is a flying coaster like Tatsu, but with an extremely unique layout. It looks like whoever designed this coaster was really able to just do whatever they want without the usual restrictions and they really went crazy. If you watch this video the people riding it are all people who have ridden hundreds of coasters and you can hear the genuine shock in their voice at how amazing it is. This coaster is located in China.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ANdvfJu_4A

Outlaw Run - The world's craziest wooden coaster, it features the steepest drop and several inversions. Yep, inversions on a wooden coaster including a double barrel roll. Must be ridden to be believed! Outlaw Run is located at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KqDI599wvE
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Outlaw Run - The world's craziest wooden coaster, it features the steepest drop and several inversions. Yep, inversions on a wooden coaster including a double barrel roll. Must be ridden to be believed! Outlaw Run is located at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KqDI599wvE

I work for Herschend Family entertainment, which owns several theme parks in the US, one of which is Silver Dollar City. I had no idea that this coaster was there. I love roller coasters, but I'm always a bit nervous on wooden coasters because I feel like they might break at any moment. Just one of the thrills, right?

I should be able to get a few free passes there and see the place for myself.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everyone that I've talked to who's ridden Outlaw Run has subsequently proclaimed it to be the best coaster they've ever ridden.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of my bucket list coasters at this point are wooden coasters actually. In the next few years I hope I can get on The Beast, Prowler, The Voyage, Fireball, Mountain Flyer, Leap the Dips,, Flying Turns, Cornball Express, Cyclops, there's a ton of great wood rides out there.

HellAshes wrote:

GIBs are so much fun, and they're not really rough like a lot of Vekoma rides, y'know? They're actually really intense.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever come out west there's a brand new woodie in Santa Clara, CA called Gold Striker that is excellent. Definitely the best woodie out west, it's unusually relentless for a wooden coaster.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:

Ah, you must've got the one that was at Six Flags Great America for so many years. Good luck with all the problems that are sure to arise from it, since it being down for maintenance was 90% on my experience with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
Oh, you must've got the one that was at Six Flags Great America for so many years. Good luck with all the problems that are sure to arise from it, since it being down for maintenance was 90% on my experience with it.

Actually no, the Six Flags Magic Mountain GIB came to SFNE. I forget where the Great America model went.
youhas  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
If you ever come out west there's a brand new woodie in Santa Clara, CA called Gold Striker that is excellent. Definitely the best woodie out west, it's unusually relentless for a wooden coaster.

Good to know, good to know. The local Great America is literally one exit up the freeway from me - I get obstructed views of their "fireworks displays every Saturday in August!" from my apartment - though I haven't been there in years. But that's something I should totally check out if the opportunity strikes.

As for Branson, MO: statistically, I'm going to pass through there at SOME point.... [pens maniacal notes to self]

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flying Turns as of this Saturday is OPEN!!
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I didn't have blurry pictures to show, but during my business trip to Copenhagen this past week, I stayed at a hotel near an amusement park called Tivoli Gardens. Inside are two small roller coasters: one super old, and the other likes it's loops.

The Demon is a steel modern coaster with two loops and a corkscrew which, being at night while I rode, lit up a green trail of light under the rails as the carts passed by. The second and older of the two (in fact, one of the oldest in Europe) was called Rutschebanen. Built in 1914, it was this little wooden thing that loved it's bunny hills. Short and nothing special, apart from the history of it.

Super fun trip overall, and finding those coasters was icing on the cake.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: