ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official "Video Game Challenge" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this on the GameFAQ's forum and figured I'd try it out here

The Tecmo Super Bowl No Offense Challenge
-This challenge can be done with any team (Currently trying it with the Giants as this is my first time)
-You may not use any offense aside from Field Goals. On first down you MUST punt or kick a Field Goal
-Special Teams TD's ARE allowed, although you may choose to not allow them for a tougher challenge
-You must win the Super Bowl to complete this challenge

I'll update this post as I play games. Only using save states after games to take a break or if the emulator crashes

Bah my computer crashed and rolled back, lost my saves >_>

Week 1 vs 49ers W 32-6 167 Yards Allowed (Much better than last time, lost my returner though)

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
DarKRiffz87  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MEGAMAN X COLLECTION PLAYTHROUGH/SPEEDRUN IMPOSSIBLE CHALLENGE!
Lately ive been a MAJOR junkie on megaman X series so i decided im making a playthrough and a speedrun for the game if anyone is interested.

there will be no commentary because i think it ruins the experience and is actually quite annoying.

***THE GAMES WILL BE PUT IN SEPERATE PLAYTHROUGHS AND I WILL COVER EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW***

ALSO: 1.i will be playing as zero for the first run then X for Megman X4.
2.same goes for X5 and X6.
3. I will be getting zeros beam saber in X3,the hadoken in X1, the gold armor in X3, the shoryuken in X2 and all the armors in X4,X5,and X6.

finish X5 is within 20 minutes or less. []
finish X6 is within 40 minutes or less. []
finish X1 within 25 minutes or less. []
finish X3 within 15 MINUTES or less. []
finish X4 within 30 minutes or less. []
finish X2 within 25 minutes or less. []
complete all megamanX games with no gameovers. []
beat every boss with X-buster only. []
beat every boss within 3 minutes or less. []
take no damage for one stage or more and finsh in 5 minutes or less.[]
beat the game with zero in X4,X5,X6 with only the Z-saber. []
Attain MEH rank in X5 and X6. []
Beat X4,X5, and X6 on extreme mode. []
take a break for once and not get carpeltunnel. [LOL NEVER]
buy some bengay. [x]
throw the controller at the tv 25MPH out of frustration. []
get a life. []

WHERE TO FIND THE PLAYTHROUGH:
i will be using a livestream instead of uploading a video maybe.
i want you to vote on this if you rather see me livestream it or upload it to youtube.

IF I UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE:
you can find the playthrough/speedrun at www.youtube.com/user/TheimpossibleMMXchallenge (i will make that account.)

IF I USE LIVESTREAM: (most likely)
just look for the channel www.livestream.com/ImpossibleMMXchallenge

i plan to make a banner for this if i do beat this because i will break down into manly tears if i do and realize that my life has been well wasted. ;D

want to help me out or give suggestions or critique?
you can email me ellojello42@hotmail.com (shitty e-mail name LOL) or you can msg me on msn.

wish me luck...ill need it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DarKRiffz87
Adventurejimbob  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an idea for myself:

Activision Trifecta:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Achieve a 25 killstreak and call in a Tactical Nuke.
- Guitar Hero (any of them made after 80s): Score 1,000,000 on a song in Solo.
- Tony Hawk (again, any that I own, probably will do it in 4): Rack up a 1,000,000 combo without cheats.

This probably seems loleasy to you guys, but I'm not that great at these games, and figure this will give me a challenge.
Munzapoppa  

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start my 2nd playthrough of Fallout 3 soon (already beat the main story and all DLC). This time through I want to make it a lot harder for myself to play through, because once I started to get more caps for stimpacks and some good energy weapons, it felt too easy to kill even the hardest enemies. With that in mind, I decided to set these restrictions for myself:

-I can only carry 2 weapons at a time
-Neither of these weapons can be energy weapons
-I can only carry 300 rounds for each gun at a time
-I cannot buy any weapons or ammo from any traders, they must be found
-I can only pick up a new weapon once I am out of ammo for one of my 2 guns
-I can only carry 1000 caps at a time
-I can only carry 20 stimpacks at a time

The main purpose of this playthrough is for me to get the remaining trophies I need in order to get the platinum for this game. These are my main goals for this playthrough:

[] Reach Level 20 and get all the remaining level-related trophies
[] Collect all bobbleheads
[] Beat the side mission "Strictly Buisness" (Didn't do this the first time because I killed the guy you talk to in order to start it when I was rescuing the children from Paradise Falls)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently doing an FFVIII No Junction challenge. I don't play this every day but I'll update it when I do.

Rules

I am not allowed to junction GFs to any character. This means that I can only use the Attack And Limit commands, and cannot junction magic to my stats to make my characters stronger. That's about it.

Progress

I started this before I saw this thread, so I will start from where I'm currently at.

I'm currently at the start of Disc 2, in the D-District prison, trying to kill GIM52As for the Micro Missiles limit for Quistis, but to no avail.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna do a run on Oblivion as a pure mage. Every other character I've had in the 500-or-so hours of play across PC and 360 have been the sword-waving types. I started a few days ago as a Breton with occasional sword-waving, arrow-slinging and a custom class, but I'm gonna restart with an Altmer, mage class, no swords or blunt weapons and only magical bows and arrows.

I don't know if this'd be considered a challenge 'cos I'm not going to crank the difficulty up any higher than usual, I guess it's just a different way of experiencing the game. It might be more difficult 'cos, for DLC purposes, I'll be doing it on the 360 version: in my experience, it's harder to aim where you're throwing your spells when you don't have mouse control.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think playing as a mage is loleasy compared to anything else. I started a mage a while ago to see how hard it was, and it was really fun, but really easy. Just letting you know.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
ArsenicSauce  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazar wrote:
I'm currently doing an FFVIII No Junction challenge. I don't play this every day but I'll update it when I do.

This sounds incredibly hard. Good luck sir.

I kinda stopped my Resident Evil 2 no weapon/getting hurt run. Now I'm inspired to get back to it after watching the beginning of GameInformer's Super Replay of the game. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. If you're interested in seeing some epic zombie dodging, go back a couple pages and watch the vids I posted. If I remember correctly I'm just starting to get access to the sewer and parking garage area. Haven't used any weapons and have been bit only twice in one completely unavoidable situation.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Arsenik Sauce
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change of plan: the Oblivion mage thing turned out to be not much more than a super slow paced FPS, so instead I'm gonna play a strictly unarmed character on Fallout 3. That will be a challenge. I might do it on the PC version despite lack of DLC, 'cos I really don't think it'll take long before I get bored or find it impossible.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Change of plan: the Oblivion mage thing turned out to be not much more than a super slow paced FPS, so instead I'm gonna play a strictly unarmed character on Fallout 3. That will be a challenge. I might do it on the PC version despite lack of DLC, 'cos I really don't think it'll take long before I get bored or find it impossible.

Good luck with that. The Chinese Stealth Armor would help a lot with that challenge, but since you don't have dlc on the PC version that's obviously not an option. If I were to try that, I'd probably try to set up my character like this;

-Unarmed - 100 (Obviously)
-Sneak - 100
-Lockpick - 100
-Science - 100
-Medicine - At least 50

For the most part, the rest of the skills don't really matter. To set it up like this you'd probably need high intelligence, the Comprehension and Educated perks. Also, a female character wold be good so you can take the Black Widow perk.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: PuppetMaster9's Zero Bullet Playthrough of Half-Life 2 Reply with quote

HALF-LIFE 2: ZERO-BULLET PLAYTHROUGH

Rules for this challenge will be:

1) I will not be using any weapons that are able to shoot bullets, which are:
Quote:
- Pistol
- Submachine Gun
- Magnum
- Crossbow
- Pulse Rifle
- Shotgun

In addition, I will not be using external means of shooting bullets, which include:
- Emplacement Guns (the stationary mounted guns found in certain points in the game)
- Hoverboat Turret
- Dune Buggy Tau Cannon
- Sentry Turrets (I will not be holding them while they fire, but I will let them fire if they are left alone after I activate them)

NOTE: I simply intend to not use these weapons (As in, using their primary/secondary usages). It does not mean I won't be collecting them (as that would practically be impossible)

The ones I will be using are the Crowbar, Grenades, Gravity Gun, RPG, and Pheropods (A.K.A. Bugbait). There are two reasons why I am allowing these weapons:
A) Because they don't technically fire bullets.
B) They are mandatory weapons, as each of them have to be used at least once to beat the game.

2) I will playing on Hard mode, which will make some points of the game pretty damn hairy since I can't go Rambo and shoot everyone.

3) I will be using some shortcuts/sequence breaks I have found when playing (including two big ones in Water Hazard). HOWEVER, if I get the chance and if I have enough patience, I will do a "Choose Your Own Adventure" kind of selection screen, having two options: the shortcut, or the normal way.

I have decided to do this because I have completed the game on Normal under the Zero Bullet restriction twice. The first time was inspired by a stroke of boredom I had, which led to me finding ways of bypassing some points of the game and even beating Water Hazard without destroying the Helicopter (rendering the Hoverboat Turret not a required weapon), eventually leading up to the restriction which I ended up single-handedly coming up with.

The reason why I say I came up with it is because I haven't found anything on the internet about beating the game under this restriction. I thought I'd spread the proof that it can be beaten under these limits myself since, to my knowledge, it's nowhere else on the web.

CHAPTER 1: Point Insertion (Here)
CHAPTER 2: Red Letter Day (Here)
CHAPTER 3: Route Kanal (Part 1) (Part 2)
CHAPTER 4: Water Hazard (Part 1) (Part 2) Lots of lag in this chapter; fixed in the other parts
CHAPTER 5: Black Mesa East (Here)
CHAPTER 6: "We Don't Go to Ravenholm..." (Part 1) (Part 2)
CHAPTER 7: Highway 17 (Part 1) (Part 2)

Currently editing
CHAPTER 8: Sandtraps

Currently up to
CHAPTER 9a: Entanglement

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 am; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArsenicSauce wrote:
Drazar wrote:

This sounds incredibly hard. Good luck sir.

I kinda stopped my Resident Evil 2 no weapon/getting hurt run. Now I'm inspired to get back to it after watching the beginning of GameInformer's Super Replay of the game. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. If you're interested in seeing some epic zombie dodging, go back a couple pages and watch the vids I posted. If I remember correctly I'm just starting to get access to the sewer and parking garage area. Haven't used any weapons and have been bit only twice in one completely unavoidable situation.

Lol... I quit playing that game near the very beginning and came back to it about a year later, but didn't want to start a new file, and had forgotten all about junctions. I ended up doing 90% of disc 1 without them, but I just thought the game was hella-difficult. Some grinding and good strategies made it not so bad.

SPOILER Anyway I figured them out immediately before fighting the ice queen at the end of disc 1, and ended up killing her in like 2 rounds without having taken more than maybe 10% damage on any of my characters. Dominated her. Then the cutscene comes up and she acts like she had been playing and destroys my party. I was like oh yeah right.
Because of the grinding I had done prior to learning about junctions I was able to cruise through the rest of the game, with no difficulty at all until the final dungeon (when they take them back away wtf) but it was fun. I actually liked the story to that game a lot.
powahouse  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: PuppetMaster9's Zero Bullet Playthrough of Half-Life 2 Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
(I won't be starting this until I get a capture card, which should be sometime this week, so I'm making this post in preparation)

HALF-LIFE 2: ZERO-BULLET PLAYTHOUGH

Quote:
- Pistol
- Submachine Gun
- Magnum
- Crossbow
- Pulse Rifle
- Shotgun

In addition, I will not be using external means of shooting bullets, which include:
- Emplacement Guns (the stationary mounted guns found in certain points in the game)
- Hoverboat Turret
- Dune Buggy Tau Cannon
- Sentry Turrets (I will not be holding them while they fire, but I will let them fire if they are left alone after I activate them)

NOTE: I simply intend to not use these weapons (As in, using their primary/secondary usages). It does not mean I won't be collecting them (as that would practically be impossible)

The ones I will be using are the Crowbar, Grenades, Gravity Gun, RPG, and Pheropods (A.K.A. Bugbait). There are two reasons why I am allowing these weapons:
B) They are mandatory weapons, as each of them have to be used at least once to beat the game.

2) I will playing on Hard mode, which will make some points of the game pretty damn hairy since all I can't go Rambo and shoot everyone.

3) I will be using some shortcuts/sequence breaks I have found when playing (including two big ones in Water Hazard); HOWEVER, if I get the chance and if I have enough patience, I will do a "Choose Your Own Adventure" kind of selection screen, having two options: the shortcut, or the normal way.

I have decided to do this because I have completed the game on Normal under the Zero Bullet restriction twice. The first time was inspired by a stroke of boredom I had, which led to me finding ways of bypassing some points of the game and even beating Water Hazard without destroying the Helicopter (rendering the Hoverboat Turret not a required weapon), eventually leading up to the restriction which I ended up single-handedly coming up with.

The reason why I say I came up with it is because I haven't found anything on the internet about beating the game under this restriction. I thought I'd spread the proof that it can be beaten under these limits myself since, to my knowledge, it's nowhere else on the web.

This post will be updated as soon as I get the run started.

Lord, this Half-Life 2 challenge sounds like so much fun, and so remarkably difficult at times. I can barely imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: PuppetMaster9's Zero Bullet Playthrough of Half-Life 2 Reply with quote

powahouse wrote:
PuppetMaster9 wrote:
(I won't be starting this until I get a capture card, which should be sometime this week, so I'm making this post in preparation)

HALF-LIFE 2: ZERO-BULLET PLAYTHOUGH

Quote:
- Pistol
- Submachine Gun
- Magnum
- Crossbow
- Pulse Rifle
- Shotgun

- Hoverboat Turret
- Dune Buggy Tau Cannon

2) I will playing on Hard mode, which will make some points of the game pretty damn hairy since all I can't go Rambo and shoot everyone.

3) I will be using some shortcuts/sequence breaks I have found when playing (including two big ones in Water Hazard); HOWEVER, if I get the chance and if I have enough patience, I will do a "Choose Your Own Adventure" kind of selection screen, having two options: the shortcut, or the normal way.

This post will be updated as soon as I get the run started.

Lord, this Half-Life 2 challenge sounds like so much fun, and so remarkably difficult at times. I can barely imagine.

Updated (Even though I didn't live up to my promise of doing so when I started the run about three months ago and constantly took breaks from playing/editing it).
I also fixed one of the stupidest spelling errors I ever made: "Playthough." I must have been taking my stupid pills that day.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Sodarox11  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokemon Red/Blue UBER CHALLENGE!!!!11

I kinda made this challenge in my head a few days ago. You must:
1. Beat the game with only 6 badges.
2. Skip the bike.
3. Skip the Pokeflute.
4. Only use the first 6 Pokemon you get.
5. Only use regular Pokeballs.
6. Not use any status healing items/potions during battle. (That includes revive)
7. Not catch any legendary Pokemon.
8. Skip Flash, Surf, and Fly.

Good luck fellas, i'm currently working on this and it is very hard, but then again I am not good at Pokemon hah.
00:37:XX fallout 3 segmented
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Stonenot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: