ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Strategy Guide --- Beyond 100%; Maximizing Your Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SNAKEiSM  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very handy thread indeed, i should be able to improve alot of my better scores with these techniques, kudos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VVV SNAKE PSN Name: SNAKEiSM
Sidein  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMA, you can get reliable control from tilt activation. That's how I do it. And if I do recall from earlier in the thread, a person who used tilt had first on one of the songs.
5 star The Way it Ends
5 star Through the Fire and Flames
5 star The Devil Went Down to Georgia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSidein
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidein wrote:
TMA, you can get reliable control from tilt activation. That's how I do it. And if I do recall from earlier in the thread, a person who used tilt had first on one of the songs.

I'm happy for you. My experience with tilt has mainly been with the X-Plorer, and the tilt on that varied from immediate to 2 seconds after I'd tilted. That's not what I call reliable. Maybe the Les Paul is better, but I'd still rather hit the button and not throw my fretting arm out of position, meaning I'm less likely to screw up at that point. I still believe you'll have a lot of trouble getting the harder squeezes using tilt activation, and so ultimately if you want to master it, using the button is the way to go.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
Sidein  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you mean. I prefer the X-Plorer over the Les Paul (call me crazy but don't try to convince me that the Les Paul would be better for me) and obviously the back button is waaay out of the way and just pretty d*** hard to push with out messing up. I did mod my controller to use the rock band bass pedal to activate SP, making it extremely accurate, but I still practice tilt activation because I don't know how well it will be received at tournaments.
5 star The Way it Ends
5 star Through the Fire and Flames
5 star The Devil Went Down to Georgia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSidein
TheVacuum7  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow sidein, using the rock band pedal must be amazing!
darkrequiem0  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
i think it's a good tutorial, but i disagree with the activation method. I am a tilter and i feel i have greater control over my SP when i tilt than when i press....and also when i try to press i miss a note or two even is i pinky it. The best way to use tilt is if you have a good idea how long the delay is on your SG for the SP to activate.

I agree completely. I learned to activate by tilting, and it just seems more natural to me. Also, if you play enough ( ), you actually start to tilt earlier to make up for the delay. I know I do.
tma  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkrequiem0 wrote:
Fly1ngV wrote:
i think it's a good tutorial, but i disagree with the activation method. I am a tilter and i feel i have greater control over my SP when i tilt than when i press....and also when i try to press i miss a note or two even is i pinky it. The best way to use tilt is if you have a good idea how long the delay is on your SG for the SP to activate.

I agree completely. I learned to activate by tilting, and it just seems more natural to me. Also, if you play enough ( ), you actually start to tilt earlier to make up for the delay. I know I do.

Ok, I challenge any of you, as a tilter with the X-Plorer, to get the SP activation in measure 42 of Frankenstein without overlapping the next phrase in measure 46. For reference, here is the path:

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh2-x360/easy/frankenstein.upper-bound.best.png

It was this song that finally forced me to modify my back button and learn to use it, and I haven't looked back.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
chancellor09  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found (as an X-Plorer user) that the tilt sensor on GH3 is MUCH more sensitive than it was for GH2...I routinely missed timing the first activation of Inst. (right before the stream of greens) but never have any problems like that on GH3....as long as you tilt before the SP phrase is complete, it will activate as soon as the phrase is finished...very useful on songs like My Name is Jonas, Generation Rock, etc.

My Accomplishments thread

GH3 Expert FC's: 20
Most Recent:
School's Out
Slow Ride
Dream On
Barracuda

Beat Lou on Expert (X) hell yeah!
FC 10 songs on Expert (X)
FC 20 songs on Expert (X)
Beat TTFAF ( )
Get El Jefe ( ) need RB (190k)
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chancellor09 wrote:
I've found (as an X-Plorer user) that the tilt sensor on GH3 is MUCH more sensitive than it was for GH2...I routinely missed timing the first activation of Inst. (right before the stream of greens) but never have any problems like that on GH3....as long as you tilt before the SP phrase is complete, it will activate as soon as the phrase is finished...very useful on songs like My Name is Jonas, Generation Rock, etc.

If I tilt early, before a phrase has finished, with the X-Plorer I found it would not activate at all. Tilt has just not been reliable for me, and given that I'm repeating songs over and over again to achieve various squeezes, there's nothing more frustrating that having the hardware let you down during a run. Thus, I use the back button now.
CholoDrew  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: GH3 Songs? Reply with quote

What songs on GH3 can I use to practice squeezing, whammy and hold notes, ect?
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about whammying:

In a song such as mother, which was recommended as good practice for getting a half bar of SP from one phrase, how is it possible to early whammy without losing ticks and potential SP gains from the previous holds? I have tried several times to get this phrase, I early whammy the first hold, then, not wanting to lose SP gainage in that chord or the next, I play the second and third notes regularly, always coming up inches short of the SP.

Should I early whammy the 2nd and 3rd holds as well and sacrifice ticks and SP gains in the originally held chords to gain the necessary SP? Or am I just not whammying early enough on the first chord?

all help is appreciated!

gaterade01  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to FC a song I never think about maximizing my score lol I just want the FC haha
tma  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaterade01 wrote:
When I try to FC a song I never think about maximizing my score lol I just want the FC haha

Did you have anything useful to add or are you just spamming to get your post count up?
Hop3sfaII  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Awsome Reply with quote

Best guide ive ever read. lost me on the 4/4 time but thats just cause im dumb.
Sideburns69  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very much This guide Really helped me learn how to make score charts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: