ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy V Advance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy V Advance Reply with quote

I just bought this game yesterday for the GBA because it is the only FF I have never played... I think it's a really good game and all, it just seems to rush around a bit in the story, and the battle/leveling up system is really in depth because of the Job Classes. I've only got the jobs from the Wind and Water Crystals, there are still a bunch of them to go... Because of all the in-depthness going on, I'm finding myself not knowing which jobs to give to which characters. This is really becoming problematic... I can't figure out if I should give one character all the mage jobs (red, black, white, time. Not blue mage because I already gave that to Feris). Other than the story happening really fast, and a lot of stuff going unexplained, I think this game is a 8/10 so far.

DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy V Advance Reply with quote

Well, I thought about getting this, but seeing as I already have FF5 (and 6) for my PS1, I decided not to.

From my experience with the game (played it twice all the way through, once by myself, another with Co-Op), I'd say this game is probably the most fun (variety of decisions for battling).

I only used a few Classes myself. The Lancer, Theif, Red Mage, Samurai, and Knight (forgot if they had the Dark Knight in this one).

The storyline is very fast and entertaining, but I wouldn't call it epic.

Anyone know the differences between the PS1 version and the GBA (or is it DS?) version?

entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The job system sounds the same as FF Tactics. Is the battle the same as FF tactics??
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

entropymaxer wrote:
The job system sounds the same as FF Tactics. Is the battle the same as FF tactics??

Nope, think FF4 (2 when first released in America) with job system of Tactics.

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 extra classes, I forget what they are, and an extra temple.

tommy2000  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i only started playing this about a week ago! My cousin imported it for Christmas.

I love it! My file is 12 hours, characters all Lvl 25 (i'm at the stage where Galuf has left my team)

Bartz: Lvl 5 Knight, Lvl 5 Mystic Knight
Lenna: Lvl 5 White Mage, Lvl 4 Summoner, Lvl 3 Beastmaster, Lvl 2 Red Mage
Galuf: Lvl 6 Black Mage, Lvl 4 Blue Mage (max), Lvl 3 Ranger
Faris: Lvl 4 Ninja, Lvl 4 Thief, Lvl 4 Monk, Lvl 4 Time Mage
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this game being the hardest FF I played
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
I remember this game being the hardest FF I played

Yeah, it's pretty hard and very in-depth. I just looked at a FAQ on gameFAQs and found out that I skipped some story stuff on accident. That's another thing I find annoying about this FF, they really don't hint enough at what you're supposed to do and you basically find out by luck or by looking at a strategy guide. I also found out that I went through the Ship Graveyard at lvl 9 when most people who did it on gameFAQs were lvl 16... wow.. do people really train/power level that much? Geesh.

bcruise  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a question about these GBA FF Releases - Tactics, IV, V, and now, VI - Are they the same games as their SNES and PSX counterparts?
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcruise wrote:
Got a question about these GBA FF Releases - Tactics, IV, V, and now, VI - Are they the same games as their SNES and PSX counterparts?

I believe that IV and VI are the same games (Correct me if I'm wrong).

As said above, V is different only by adding new classes (maybe more storyline?)

As for Tactics, I think only Tactics Advanced was released for the GBA...which is a completly different (and better IMO) game.

So....
IV = Same
V = Different
VI = Same
Tactics (Advanced) = Different

Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:

As said above, V is different only by adding new classes (maybe more storyline?)

As for Tactics, I think only Tactics Advanced was released for the GBA...which is a completly different (and better IMO) game.

So....
IV = Same
V = Different
VI = Same

Not quite correct.

IV: Added party change feature once you have access to the final area. Also added 2 bonus dungeons - one on Mt. Ordeals which opens at the same time the party change feature kicks in, and one that doesn't open until after you defeat Zeromus.

V: Added 4 new jobs, 3 of which can be unlocked after obtaining the 12 legendary weapons. After defeating Neo ExDeath the a bonus dungeon unlocks itself, and the 4th job can be found somewhere in there.

VI: Haven't played it yet. Looks to be the same save for a bonus dungeon or 2, and (according to the back of the box) some new espers as well. Maybe they finally corrected the problem with not being able to obtain all 255 Rages as well (I can only hope...only 252 can be obtained legitimately in the other 2 versions).

Tactics: Completely different game than the PS1 Tactics. Different setting and everything. I believe it's a sequel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragondarch wrote:
DarkKnight720 wrote:

So....
IV = Same
V = Different
VI = Same

Not quite correct.

IV: Added party change feature once you have access to the final area. Also added 2 bonus dungeons - one on Mt. Ordeals which opens at the same time the party change feature kicks in, and one that doesn't open until after you defeat Zeromus.

V: Added 4 new jobs, 3 of which can be unlocked after obtaining the 12 legendary weapons. After defeating Neo ExDeath the a bonus dungeon unlocks itself, and the 4th job can be found somewhere in there.

VI: Haven't played it yet. Looks to be the same save for a bonus dungeon or 2, and (according to the back of the box) some new espers as well. Maybe they finally corrected the problem with not being able to obtain all 255 Rages as well (I can only hope...only 252 can be obtained legitimately in the other 2 versions).

Tactics: Completely different game than the PS1 Tactics. Different setting and everything. I believe it's a sequel.

Cool, thanks for the detailed info. I figured the numbered ones probably weren't going to have changed too much, but I'm surprised they used the familiar Tactics name on a completely different game.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is really getting annoying, it seems as soon as I get done training my characters for a new job class, 4 more show up from a crystal and I have to train again...

Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a never-ending cycle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
This game is really getting annoying, it seems as soon as I get done training my characters for a new job class, 4 more show up from a crystal and I have to train again...

Yep, that's good ol' FF5 alright.... Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: