ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
low level score posting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: low level score posting Reply with quote

i think i know the answer to this, let's say a person is on expert, are they allowed to post scores on the easy level? 'Cause i've seen a couple people who've posted on lower level's when they're on hard or expert, i won't say names buy i've seen it...i'm guessing no though...
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean a person's score for an Expert difficulty song being posted under Easy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you are asking, are you asking what HylianHero said or do you mean posting are multiple difficulties because you can, when you go to manage scores you choose which difficulty you want to submit.

So you shouldn't be posting expert scores on easy or visa versa.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i think he is saying that people who have the skills to play on the 'higher' levels like hard or expert are also posting scores on easy... if that is so, i would say if you are at the top of the rankings on the harder levels then you shouldnt be posting scores you get on easy... i just beat the game on expert the other day but i still play a lot on medium and i think something like that is ok because im nowhere near the top of the expert level and there are still some challenges that medium gives me (very few) but thinking about it now i prob shouldnt post my scores on easy, oh well... i hope that was long enough
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having great skill on Expert songs doesn't mean posting your scores on Easy would be unfair in any way to others. Obtaining the top scores on Easy songs is much more about studying the star power and planning a strategy than skill.

Of course expert players will be able to get 100% on Easy songs, but any person regardless of their skill who can get 100% has an equal chance of competing if they spend time developing a strategy. And if someone can't get 100% on a certain song, then the score shouldn't be expected to be 1st place anyways.

I encourage even more people like Maximus and Echelar to read the Scoring FAQ, learn exactly how starpower works, and spend time studying the songs and submit high scores on Easy and Medium songs. My goal is to increase the community top scores as much as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be like me competing a 5th grade math competition.
(I'm an engineering student and I'm done with all of my math classes)

I am much more skilled than a 5th grade level but I want to compete at that level to....win, make the little kids feel bad, get hassled by parents......

I keep my scores on my level to give others a chance to succeed at their own level of competition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, except that you aren't in 5th grade. You have no place in a 5th grade class anymore. However, think of this more like being in a college math class, and you have the a, b, and c parts of each practice problem set. Just because you are good in the class and don't need to do set a doesn't mean you can't, and if the teacher gave bonus points towards whomever did ther best in each section, I should hope you do the easy ones too. (Sorry, I hope that doesn't come off as snobby)
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quackadilly wrote:
that would be like me competing a 5th grade math competition.
(I'm an engineering student and I'm done with all of my math classes)

I am much more skilled than a 5th grade level but I want to compete at that level to....win, make the little kids feel bad, get hassled by parents......

I keep my scores on my level to give others a chance to succeed at their own level of competition.

But if the 5th grader is given an easy enough test that he can get 100%, then you can't beat him.

You're implying that you would win if you competed on the easier difficulties, I'm not so sure that'd be the case. Many of those scores are very competitive in a strategical sense. Those who have the top scores only do so by spending lots of time working on a star power strategy (whether it be a skilled player, or someone who can barely get 100%). If you spend time planning a strategy then maybe you could win, but I don't feel there's any huge advantage with having great skill on easier difficulties as your analogy suggests.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point...I didn't think of it quite like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: