Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My first top rank on a song!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: My first top rank on a song! Reply with quote

I Love Rock and Roll expert: 1st with 136xxx points.

It only took me an hour straight to do it, good grief I could probably play it blindfolded, upside down and with my feet by now, but it's nice to see some green on my resume now
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.

I've played that song around 100 times myself, but not for a high score..

Maximum 4-star
Minimum 5-star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you are doing that on expert... I was playing around with I Love Rock and Roll on easy. I figured out the cutoff between three and four stars is between 24000 and 25000, but that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pride and joy, and my favorite song, is No One Knows. My record on hard beats 2nd place by 40k. I'll bet at least one of the 12 people higher than me on the expert rankings could probably destroy it though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite song to play is Take Me Out on both Hard and Expert. When I first put in my Hard Score it was ranked 2nd but now it's down to 7th. I'm working on beating Career mode on Expert so I haven't tried for a high score yet. I really need to get the hang of hammer-ons and pull-offs because it's absolutely necessary for the last batch of songs and I am stuck... =(
Atremains  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redeyesly wrote:
My pride and joy, and my favorite song, is No One Knows. My record on hard beats 2nd place by 40k. I'll bet at least one of the 12 people higher than me on the expert rankings could probably destroy it though.

ill try for the rest of the night
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
ghorsche  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, it's been frustrating playing for high scores on Hard. People like Javman seem to have found the best line through every song, and even if I can find what I believe is the best line I tend to fall short by a couple thousand points. The worst was Even Rats, which I spent about 10 hours on (don't laugh) trying to get all the notes, thought I had the absolute best use of star power for, and then fell almost 3000 points short of Javman's score when I finally got 100% :evil:

I figure I might have lost 1000 to maybe 2000 points by not activating star power at quite the exact moments I wanted to, but I have no idea how you bested me by 3k. Hats off :wink:

But then! I was doing the last song on the list tonight (Story of My Love) and actually managed to get #1 within ~45 minutes without even hitting all the notes. Not long afterwards I full combo'd it for an 8000 point lead on 2nd place :lol:

+ all of expert cleared on a different memory card :lol:
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like you have some work to do...cause I beat your score by 80 points or so!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
catfish7  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my new goal is to get a number one rank on SOME song. Maybe I'll just pick one of the crappier bonus songs that not as many people play and ace it on medium. Shouldn't take too many tries.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
Yeah my new goal is to get a number one rank on SOME song. Maybe I'll just pick one of the crappier bonus songs that not as many people play and ace it on medium. Shouldn't take too many tries.

It is alot harder than you think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. All of the scores I've thought have rocked are ranked at about 70th place.

>_<

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
catfish7 wrote:

It is alot harder than you think.

yes, yes it is...you'll probably have to try about 50 times before you get up there...and find the best SP strategy...but good luck!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:
yes, yes it is...you'll probably have to try about 50 times before you get up there...and find the best SP strategy...but good luck!

It's not really a matter of playing the song countless times over and over. You just need to look at the note chart for the song and plan the optimal star power usage. Then it's just a matter of executing your planned path which may only take several tries.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when you plan out a star path..and execute on it...you are still probably not going to get a #1 score anymore. The top scores now are not only typically 100% full combo's, but achieved using a perfect star path...holding all chords all the way, optimizing star power through judicious whammy use..and delaying/rushing picking to pick up a couple extra notes while in x8 multiplier

....its tough. I can attest to that. It gets rather frustrating when you dev a star path, run through the song a dozen times until you finally execute on it...then come back here and find you are still short a thousand points from the #1 score.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly be happy if I could get within the first 5 places on a song...I don't necessarily need a first-place, but just being up there on a few would be nice.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: