SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Arvain: Hi again. Not much happening, but soon hopefully ^^
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 157, 158, 159  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAN!

That's just impressive! You can easily go to 50, if you got Take This Life. Btw, I have something dedicated to you, that I will put later.

Keep up the awesomeness Arvain!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lif -i didn't even notice it was exactly a month ago but in a month, i don't think i'd have been able to fc BMW & WttJ & D'nD & In love not impossible, but not in a month if you ask me

Diego - thanks i was the first impressed when i got that i was sure i would choke !!

tidus -thank you 50 will be my max i guess (i still have to do it ) I can't wait to see what you want to show

btw, here's Famous for nothing...
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_rsdeqjym1Q
don't look at the first try, i just overstrummed while whammying the note

i'll upload raining blood (pfo random run) later ^^
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
tidus -thank you 50 will be my max i guess (i still have to do it ) I can't wait to see what you want to show

Well, it's ready, on my thread. Mr. Green

Btw, nice vid there, big congrats!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly EPIC thread arvain

Very very nice accomplishments already! I see you are still destroying GH after our epic match I haven't been playing nearly as much GH lately; life's been kinda busy for me I'm still shooting for my summer goal of a Freebird FC but I just won't have as much time to dedicate to GH2 as I originally thought

Anyways, amazing thread already man I'll be expecting to hear more great things from you Keep it up!
NejiHyuuga777  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Take This Life. Is it actually kind of easy to do? I've seen a lot of people do it, and I've gotten like 55 FCs, so would this be a good one to get? I just need more FCs :P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 14/07/08

wOOt, this afternoon was great !

First, (that happened yesterday night actually), i managed to get the last squeeze (i mean the last normal 200 squeeze, lo7-like squeezes don't count )

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/11/39/41/38/lay_do11.jpg

It was harder than on ps2, but i finally got it after a few tries and i'm 1 tick over 80% squeeze path

I could re-fc Flannigan's ball too, with a little better path, but i realized that my last activation was too early...well, at least it's my 3rd fc of this, and a better score ^^

[insert crappy score on Flannigan's ball here]

after another choke on Wttj (this time in the Jungle breakdown, where i usually NEVER EVER miss !! ), i wanted to try something else !
So i decided to play Famous for nothing again ^^ i love this song !! and it turned out to be a pretty good idea i had a miraculous 457.9xx run, then i got THIS (sorry for the quality, i was shaking!!) :

[insert crappy shaky picture of Famous for nothing re-fc with 458.3k]

omg, i didn't realize it was so close to lo7's score ! at first i thought he had 458.2, but it's 458.5 but now, i'm only 184pts behind (there're only 400pts squeezes, so i think i got the same as him, but missed lots of ticks ). I had another 458.3 run, missing few more ticks...but anyway, that's the best rank i'll ever have ! and who knows, maybe one day.... seems like i shouldn't say "impossible" anymore, cause everytime i do, i fc another song, or get crazy squeezes

Speaking of impossible stuff, i tried Wttj again after FFN, and this time, I GOT IT (i was shaking even more !! )

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/11/39/41/38/welcom12.jpg

FC # 47 !!! FINALLY !!! stupid stupid STUPID SONG !! hate playing it, even if i do like listening to it...now i won't have to play it anymore !!

Then i tried the new fretting way i figured out yesterday on TWiE's bridges...i could'nt do it...but today, it worked Well, half of the time, but it gave me 17k anyway !! plus i fc'd the last part of solos, and didn't miss too many notes, only 14 over the whole song

[insert really bad score on TWiE here]

first time breaking 99% !! But i still don't know how some people can get through the whole song without missing anything that's just too exhausting !!

Well, "only" 3 more fcs...I wonder which one will be next...I seem to be getting worse on Black magic woman D'nD is too long and frustrating to miss on, so i really don't know...

tidus - i have to get it XD i just can't have TTL and not In love, can i ? happy you liked my vid ^^ (this time i didn't record!!)

ElvisReborn - Heeey !! Glad to see you here thanks a lot ! I'm destroying gh only because playing with a LP is easier somehow ! I suck when i try gh3 on ps2 Your summer goal is just awesome I can barely break 500k on freebird Let me know when you get this fc'd, that will just be amazing !!! Well, if you have enough time, of course but i'm sure you can have it ! btw, did you find a way to whammy and squeeze even being lefty ?

NejiHiuuga - thx once you figure out how to play it becomes a lot easier ! but you got to be really precise, 'cause sometimes you miss a note without even seeing where or why each part of the song can be choked on, especially the very end it happened to me before !! But of all the hard songs, this one is the "easiest" one : each part is easily fc-able ; no impossible solo like CoP (do you already have it?) ; no crazy fast strumming like TWiE...But it's still VERY hard have fun !!

Last edited by arvain on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
lilirock  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow congrats on the awesome accomplishments Arvain!! You do like Tidus.. you keep getting new insane accs. before I have time to reply to each one!

TTL, FFN, WttJ FCs?! :O How can you FC songs so hard so easily? Great job on all those! I still barely 5* TTL when I play it, it's a really hard one! And I'm glad you finally got WttJ after many runs and chokes! Luckily I like playing the song, so that'll be an advantage when I decide to go for the FC! Btw I'm sure you'll easily get over 50 FCs! I'm going for 50 FCs, you should definitely go for 60 (you're already so close to 50 )

And great vid too! You definitely have to make more vids Btw you can go ahead and upload that (F)lannigan's Ball coop vid if you like! This way I'll actually be able to look at how well you do on that song! My run was pretty bad though, but I had not played it in months >_>

Go go BMW and TWIE FCs!!

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much lili
here's the vid of random pfo on RaBl :
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4cdu0VZJQ
not impressive, but still better than my previous one (when i could not 5* it everytime )

don't get wrong, i don't fc them easily at all i get mad most of the time, i stop playing for some hours to be "zen" again, then go back to play...it's HORRIBLE for me these days : there's not much left i can fc (for now at least), so training an hour straight on D'nD's solo A (or verse 3 of wttj) is really a PAIN !! not to mention the fact that i can have it only 20% of the time WttJ was everything but easy when i fc'd The seeker, it took me almost all the day, but i was mad only after a few tries \ i'm not doing it easily, it's just that i need a LOT of chokes to throw my LP through the TV
that's why i think 50 fcs is going to be very hard to reach, so let's not talk about 60fcs before next century aaaaaah, i can already hear In love making a fun of me with that f*cking end of bridge !!!!!

anyway, i think you'll reach 50 even before me ! (wanna do that bet with me ? )

i'll upload our pfo tomorrow, it's a little late, and it already took my 2h to upload RaBl pfo
Lif  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least there is not a lot of parts where you can train in In Love.

Even I FC'ed the end of the bridge once, so I assume you can do it.

For the RaBl Pfo, you're as good as I excepted on this song... Excepted for the Mosh1 , Do you combo it better usually? Well, it's still better than me I think(Haven't played GH III in a while), but you missed a lot.

Hope you'll get BMW and In love soon!
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx ^^ yes, i usually keep x4 on mosh1...but it was 1st song of the day, i was still sleepy
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for my latest vid
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=8XyWZNIt51w
first coop vid for me hopefully that's not our epic fail on ttfaf lili, uh ?
lilirock  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid Arvain, thanks for uploading it! Well you FCed all hardest parts of the song, so a coop FC would definitely be possible on Flannigan's Ball! Hm if I still play the bass part obviously haha! I missed a whole lot in that run though, but I could FC it for sure, I mean the bass part's really easy And we should definitely try to get a good TTFAF coop on vid, maybe even hit 1 mil. >_> (oh and I was still very bad at TTFAF when we failed that 1st time lol) Unfortunately we won't be able to pfo for at least a week (as I'm going on vacation), but maybe I'll be able to play during the day in 2 weeks.. anyway I'll look out for you if I do get some playing time then

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact I haven't found a way to do so I'm just so used to doing things the way I have been doing them for over 2 years that I don't know if I can make any changes to make squeezing and whammying easier

Freebird was a pain for me in practice today; Solo C I couldn't FC like I used to And for some reason I got a lot worse at Solo J, which is mainly the place keeping me from an FC Ah well, if all else fails, I'll at least get 600k

You're SO close to 50 FC's! I'm lucky to have half the FC's you do You'll get em before you know it! Keep it up!
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 17/07/08

hey there

my last two vids finally got uploaded, so here they are :
Go that far re...reFC
Nothing for me here

enjoy

I'm still working on Down 'n dirty, but solo A is still owning me i just had it a few times, by miracle ! every note in this solo can easily be missed !! and if i happen to miraculously hit it, i miss in the same spot on solo b \ not to mention my real tries : i miss the 2nd note of solo a (yes, the blue ho-po )...so fc # 48 is not for today !!

I played random stuff to think about something else after my first 2 vocal fcs on RockBand ^^, i tried to re-fc Flannigan's ball, and managed to improve on the last activation !

[Insert pic of 4th fc of Flannigan's ball with a score still as crappy]

top 10 now !! this solo is short but hard !! easy to miss a note if you slow down your strumming ! but i usually missed somewhere else anyway now i only got to fc this one on coop XD ! right lili ?

tonight i re-fc'd Go that far (yeah, another time ), and also got a redux of I'm in the band on 1st TRY !!!
i had an awesome first activation 41.5k at the little pause !! missed 1 at the end of the 2nd one (or two, i don't remember), had a perfect 3rd activation, and a great last one ^^ (if you consider it has to begin 3 notes later than on the 20% squeeze path XD!!) but i don't care anyway, it's hard enough to be happy with this 307k !!

I also FINALLY had a 287k run on When you were young...i knew i could do it, but this song is a pain to play and to listen to i don't know how i managed to improve by ~200pts when there was only a 400pts squeeze left...probably missed LOTS of ticks last time even hitting this squeeze well, i doesn't matter, 'cause now i'm 8th on this tier !!! just before bbk if i remember well...
(oh btw i improved ttfaf again : 1.1k this time XD !! better !)

Last thing interesting for today : i downloaded So payaso sightread was a -3 run, and second run was FC ^^ i actually love this song : not really hard, cool solos, good song to listen to i think i'll play it more than twice !!

lili - thanks ^^ then i'm sure we can have it fc on coop !! next time we meet on xbl, after your vacation (hope everything will rock even if you don't play !), i'll chose 2x ttfaf, and you'll chose 2x Flannigan's ball ! at least, we'll be able to finish ttfaf with 1M/fc F'sB ! have fun, let's see you at your return, when i'll have 55fcs haha !!!

Elvis - even if it's harder when you're lefty, i'm sure you'll be able to squeeze/whammy enough for your Freebird fc score not to suck ^____^ were'nt you just ridiculously close behind me on RTT ? if i were lefty, even used to it, i couldn't have done that !! and don't worry for solo c and j, you'll get them eventually...though i think the greatest threat on for your fc is a choke on last part !! anyway, 600k is already awesome ! go for the fc !! i hope you're right and i'm going to have 50fc without knowing it....but with D'nD getting on my nerves, i think i'll SEE IT if an fc pops up !!!

on another note, i think i'll try to go for other goals on the other gh (even RB, but i'm still new to it)...i randomly tried stuff on gh2 and gh80's and saw huge improvements i lost my all-gh-fc count, but i might reach 100 overall !

Last edited by arvain on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 19/07/08

Surprise !!

Avalancha re-fc (missing the easy 1st squeeze 'cause i forgot to activate XD) but, more important :
FC # 48 !!!! amazing how fast i figured out the solos today after half an hour, when i could'nt have it more than once a day before i guess it was because i was switching my fingers too early, before i strum this time i almost fc'd solo a&b everytime !! (had like 10 choke-runs though )
Sorry tidus, still not the one you were thinking about but it'll come as fc # 49 or 50, i promise !!

Last edited by arvain on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 157, 158, 159  Next
Page 2 of 159

Jump to: