Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Arvain: Hi again. Not much happening, but soon hopefully ^^
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, DJH is very easy (10 songs lul) The only songs that would give you trouble on expert would be things like Fight! Smash! Win! because of the strumming solo.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:
Just don't steal 8/8 on keys from me :p

Grats on the WoR FGFC, I... know I'll have to do it someday, but it can wait a year or so lol.

Also, if you can pick up DJ:Hero, that's at least an easy 3 FGFC's.

Also insane work on 14k+ FC's!

Ouh, keys... I forgot that was a thing. It'll have to be keytar, though, for I don't own a keyboard. I thought about DJH but mehhhhhh... it's like getting up in the morning : I don't want to

Heh, don't worry, I did keytar for all but... three songs, and the only reason why I bought a keyboard was so I could grab 1st, which now that I don't have a working guitar I can at least use the keyboard for guitar/bass now. You're only missing out on like ~25k from doing keytar for expert. Which I think you should be able to get an FGFC on, though it all comes down to awkward chord changes and Roundabout. I think you could probably snag 7/8, and depending on what I mentioned before, 8/8.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can snag 7/8, Arvain can, too. Though, I might just get 8/8 before him depending on how long he takes.

gratz on 14K FCs, though, man.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, huge congrats Arvain! That is a level of dedication that very few people can relate to. Good luck on Rock Band, I look forward to your continued insanity!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I just don't want to get DJH though =/

voidedalive2x wrote:
If I can snag 7/8, Arvain can, too. Though, I might just get 8/8 before him depending on how long he takes.

I know, but I also know what Roundabout looks like. And I randomly tried keytar on Antibodies : my hand cramped within the first 5 seconds. So there's no 8/8 happening. It already took me tons of cramps and absurd luck to get it on bass, which was significantly easier.

bushidox wrote:
Wow, huge congrats Arvain! That is a level of dedication that very few people can relate to. Good luck on Rock Band, I look forward to your continued insanity!

Thanks man ! Continued insanity it is, then.

Neighbours though... overstrumming LP though... shiny hunting though... sleepless nights though... restless days though... I want to go back to the crazy and overall happy state I was in, back in 2010, but it's not happening. The director at my workplace even suggested a while back that I took some vacation, or switched to part-time work...
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two updates in the same month ? Imposhibible
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans, man. How feasible are 70/83 or 80/83?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Got Everybody Wants to Rule the World shortly after, meaning I've finally fixed all my overhits, and reached 64...
-The Killing Moon : played it twice in 6 years. Got -1 twice. Grinding it is unfun, despite the song being cool.
-Whip it : countless -1s and chokes. Either I choke on last act, or I can't even pass the first verse.
-Antibodies : got a -1... a bunch of awkward fills I need to practice. Can't grind a song that long with tricky fills near the end hoping for luck.
-One Armed Scissor : the bridge is weirdly charted and I haven't looked into it yet, though it doesn't seem too hard.
-False Alarm : stupid fast fills. I practiced so I know it's doable, but very annoying.
-Freebird : blehhh I bet there are bpm variations everywhere which would throw me off.
- No One Knows : I randomly fc'd the drum solo the other day... not even getting a new high score... meaning it already happened back in 2011. Possible, but exxxxtremely unlikely.
- Fly Like an Eagle : aaaaawwwwkwwaaaarrrddd, I doubt I'll get it.
- Viva la Resistance : meh, doesn't look impossible, but I bet there'll have to be lots of practice.

... 68 looks doable. 70 is a stretch. More is a big nono.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still rootin' for ya.

You finished up all your GH Drums FCs, then?

arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, as indicated by the title of this topic
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Kay.

Hey, do you have any tips for dealing with the GH engine on Expert? It feels so ridiculously strict compared to RB, and seems to almost refuse to keep the marker still when i sing, or it seems to intentionally under-/over-pitch me so I miss the phrase almost entirely. Hard is more manageable, sure, but it all still seems utterly ridiculous.

arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't just feel more strict, it IS more strict. Given that it's the easiest instrument on RB already, I would've been disappointed if GH vox was even easier, tbh...

Anyway, I'm afraid there's unfortunately no actual tip. I did like everyone else : not knowing the songs, so having terrible scores at first. Then I got more familiar with them all and I knew which pitch to sing. Trial and error for everyone. The only difference between people is the number of tries and errors.

If you miss the phrase entirely, there's no trickery on the game's part : you're just off key.
If the marker doesn't stand still (on gh5/BH/WoR) it's because your voice isn't steady enough : you start by being barely in the range accepted by the game (WoR is incredibly lenient, BH a bit less, gh5 even less), but the slightest unsteadiness of your voice will make it flicker and the words won't fill.
SH, M and VH have the same leniency (close to none), so good luck. As for WT, just be glad the yellow flashes don't ruin your multiplier
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple updates in the same month!! Expert Drum FCs!! This makes me happy.

Saw your 25 or 6 to 4 video and said hello there too (as you know) but just thought I would pop in to say hello and glad we are both updating a bit more in 2017 than usual <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I updated the FGFC boards today, and arvain is officially documented as having 170, well done. Arvain says that he is slowly swimming towards 200. Lets see if we can find a way for him to get there.
GH left (hopefully he gets TF on Hard on GH1 to get one last one, or somehow get TtFaF on Hard drums on GH:SH) 109/110
RB total of 25 to go 61/86
Guitar = RB2 (E), GHRB (EMH) =4
Bass = RB1 (M), GDRB (EMHX), RB3 (EM) = 7
Drums = RB1 (E), RB2 (EM), TBRB (E), LRB (EM), GDRB (E) = 7
Vocals = GDRB (EMHX) = 4
Keys = RB3 (EMH) = 3

This would give us a total of 196, most of which is on lower difficulties that he has already gotten the harder difficulties for. A couple of assumptions here, a) his skills are still pretty consistent, b) that his living situation allows him to continue to finish up his drum FCs, c) that he literally does not buy a single additional game. Keys can be played on the guitar, and anyone with the Expert Bass and Guitar FCs he has should be able to get Hard with little to no issues (maybe Antibodies on Hard?). This also assumes he can get Expert Bass and Vocals on GDRB, a game he is MUCH less familiar with.

Now, if he decides to get additional games, that changes things quite a bit. He could pick up AC/DC and import it likely giving him 12 more (G EMH, B EMH, Vox EMHX, D EM). He could also buy RBB and import it, likely giving him 15 more (G EMH, B EMH, Vox EMHX, D EM, K EMH). No new systems, or engines would be needed to get these (handhelds/RB4/GHL/DJ), and that's potentially 27 more.

196 +27 = a potential of 223, which might give Drama (whom himself has a reasonable 14 left go get for 231 total) a run for his money. Would be neat to see, and AC/DC + Blitz shouldn't set you back much nowadays. What do you see as possible Arvain?

Keep up the great work, great to see you still plugging away.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramacomic wrote:
Multiple updates in the same month!! Expert Drum FCs!! This makes me happy.

Saw your 25 or 6 to 4 video and said hello there too (as you know) but just thought I would pop in to say hello and glad we are both updating a bit more in 2017 than usual

I'm glad we do. Xdrums fcs make me happy too. I need some... gladness and happiness lately. So I'm taking it from wherever it comes. Thank you for the kind words man ^^

bushidox wrote:
a lot of relevant things.

So let's see... I'm not getting Texas Flood or TtFaF Hdrums. Or BWoLP.
I always count by game, not by instrument, but the totals are more or less correct :
RB1 : Mbass, Edrums = 2
RB2 : Egtr, Edrums, Mdrums = 3
Lego RB : Edrums, Mdrums = 2
RB3 : Egtr, Ebass, Mbass = 3
TBRB : Edrums = 1
GDRB : 4xbass, 4xvox, 4xgtr, Edrums = 13

That's 24. 27 if you count rb3 EMHkeys (doable. X is not). So 197.

From those, only GDRB Xgtr should be somewhat tricky, because like you said : a) i'm not so bad that Xgtr on GDRB would be impossible.

b) I kinda stalk my neighbors downstairs (you can hardly call it stalking : their door makes all the walls shake, so I KNOW when they leave), and since they seem to be social AF, they leave often. Sometimes during the weekend, I'm lieing around in bed, doing nothing, then I hear the door, see them leaving, I rush to turn the xbox on, so I can drum in peace. Not sure how fast, but I can sneak in a bunch of fcs every weekend, including a few here and there when I come back from work (earlier than they do).

c) I may or may not have bought GHL and GDRB at the same time (aka 15 months ago)... that's potentially 7 more. So 204.

No vox will ever be a problem. I wasn't familiar with BH vox, and started on expert right after finishing drums, which was a mistake (Xdrums was not a good way to get familiar enough with the songs). Still managed the omb fgfc in like a week.

If I were to get AC/DC and RBB, well... potentially 14 on AC/DC and... idunno, 16 or 17 on RBB (depending on Hdrums). So, 234 or 235.

TL;DR : I see 197 happening just by picking the fgfcs I have on my currently owned games like plucking flowers on the side of the road. 235 would be the same, but adding AC/DC, GHL and RBB to the collection.

And thennnn... welp, I don't own any of the handheld games ^^ (money's not an issue indeed : these games are cheap af now)

As always, thanks bushi for your dedication to dig through people's scores and your interest for that kind of stuff. You rock.

On a side note, I practiced One Armed Scissor's bridge on Xdrums this weekend : that awkward pattern comes back 22 times. I got several -1s on a different one each time. Blah. Between this and my -1s on Whip It, that's not super fun.

GUESS who has friday, monday and tuesday off ?! Yep 5 days weekends ftw. More fcs to come.

PS : it's officially april 4th. My mother's turning 59.
PS2 : after a shiny Sewaddle on 878th encounter the other day... today I got one at the 44th encounter, and then a third one (I wanted three of those) on the 2nd encounter. Both of them happened in like 10 mins of playing during lunch break today. OUYEAH !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next
Page 156 of 159

Jump to: