ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Line 6 Pod® Technology in GH WT Music Creator!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Line 6 Pod® Technology in GH WT Music Creator! Reply with quote

Line 6 Pod® Guitar Technology integration into Guitar Hero World Tour

ACTIVISION AND LINE 6 ANNOUNCE FULL LINE 6 POD® GUITAR TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION INTO GUITAR HERO® WORLD TOUR MUSIC STUDIO

--For the first time ever, video game players will have access to the same guitar processing technology used by professional musicians

SANTA MONICA and CALABASAS, Calif.,— July 11, 2008— Activision, Inc.

(Nasdaq: ATVI http://www.activision.com/ ) and Line 6, Inc. announced today that Guitar Hero® World Tour for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system will integrate Line 6’s guitar tone technology, enabling gamers to use amps, cabs and effects from the world-renown Line

6 POD® in the game’s Music Studio. The game’s innovative new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full complement of tools to compose, record, edit and share their own rock ’n’ roll anthems.

The sound modeling technology of Line 6’s POD is integrated into Guitar Hero World Tour’s Music Studio so gamers can now join the ranks of elite POD using bands including, U2, Radiohead, Keane, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Story of the Year, Slipknot, Dashboard Confessional, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Garbage, Lenny Kravitz and countless others.

“With Guitar Hero World Tour’s new Music Studio functionality, we wanted to give gamers access to the most authentic music creation tools available, so we went to the pacesetters of professional guitar technology—Line 6,” said Dusty Welch, head of publishing for Activision/RedOctane. “The integration of Line 6 technology in the game underscores our commitment to delivering unprecedented innovation to the Guitar Hero® franchise that has the potential to revolutionize consumer generated music.”

The signature sounds of legendary bands and top musicians today come from a combination of guitar amps, cabs and effects. Through digital signal processing, POD delivers accurate emulations of the most coveted amplifiers, effects and cabinets ever made. It is famous for revolutionizing the way guitarists record, perform, rehearse, and write songs. It eliminates the need for complicated setups with its proprietary technology for simulating the complex interaction of amplifiers, effects, microphones, speaker cabinets and room acoustics.

Whether POD is used with headphones to practice, for direct recording or playing live, POD is what musicians turn to for the best guitar sound.

“Line 6 strives to push the boundaries, from revolutionizing the way guitarists record to how they perform live to helping enable the creative process for musicians,” said Marcus Ryle, Line 6 Founder and SVP of Research and Development. “Thanks to the incredible processing power of the of the next generation video game consoles, we placed the actual tone algorithms right into the game to give gamers the tools to choose their own sounds for the music they create. For the first time, gamers will have the ability to compose and record with the same technology used by professional musicians.”

A preview of Music Studio featuring exclusive screenshots, amp presets and content is available at www.line6.com/GH .

Guitar Hero World Tour using Line 6 guitar tone technology is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

About Line 6, Inc.

Based in Calabasas, California, Line 6 is a leading manufacturer of guitars, amplifiers, effects, effects processors and recording interfaces. Line 6 is world renowned for its studio- and stage-standard gear featuring its patented digital modeling and digital wireless technologies. Line 6 invented digital guitar amp modeling technology in 1996, and is currently the #1 maker of guitar amplifiers. Its award-winning products, including POD®, are used by musicians worldwide and have been used on countless platinum and Grammy award winning titles. Line 6 is distributed in over 60 countries with operations in the United States, China and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.line6.com.
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds of me getting GH: WT have just gotten larger. Nice one Neversoft!

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
brighthouse727  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic win.
“The world is about to end in 2012… ’cause the Mayans made calendars, and they stop at 2012. I got encyclopedias on the bus. The world is about to end as we know it. You can see it already. A planet doesn’t exist - there’s no more Pluto. Planes are flying into buildings - and not just the Twin Towers. Mosquitoes bite you and you die. And a black man and a woman are running for president.”-Lil' Wayne

Yes I'm a fan of rap music.
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO NEVERSOFT!!!

Too bad Wii get neglected in everything.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
ICNH  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had a 360. >_> Why can't the Wii get anything good? We lost DLC in GH3, now we can't have this "technology integration"?
Akumu  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professional made DLC with Professional tools

VS.

n00b DLC made with professional tools

I'm still with Rock Band 2 Bundle and just buying the GH4 game.
PatrickyBR  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats totally awesome!

Theres now no doubt that GH WT is the way to go!
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was announced like a few weeks ago.. Either way, it sounds pretty nice, I can't wait to try it out personally, I just hope I don't like it, or I'll be spending many a days and nights wasting away on it.
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so getting this game as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely awesome, good job Neversoft!

980/1000 [ ] (950, only timeconsuming ones left)
5* Expert [X]
Upload scores [ ]

My Jordan Solo Compilation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTu00LyxG5g
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool and all, but without videos of the music editor and created songs in action I'm still skeptical about this feature. After all, the number of good user-made songs will probably be very low in comparison to the number of bad ones. Bad music is bad music with or without good-sounding guitars.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I'm going to spend hours with the creator
DJspin1  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day to have a PS3

Goals:
FC Freebird [ ] | 5* TTFAF b4 GH:WT [X] | Get More FCs [ ]
V0Lt4Ge  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I have a Line 6 Pod! Music creating will be fun.

"Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish... Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry - an absolute death machine."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: V0Lt4Ge
FlyingMonkeysWii  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is swaying me to get RB2, the wii is always forgotten!

I'm becoming very pissed at Neversoft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: