ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Line 6 Pod® Technology in GH WT Music Creator!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriot2011  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feature looks awesome!... But PS2's are slowly being left out ... I guess I'll just have to wish for a PS3 or 360 for christmas!

doralevich  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Is GH3 for Wii a GH stepchild? What's the deal? Reply with quote

Hey all...So I'm pretty new to this Guitar Hero thing...just got GH3 for the Wii...Seems like we get shafted on all the cool features - can anyone shed some light on this for me...what I can and can't do wtih regards to DLC and custom songs etc. - don't think i can do anything.

I saw some sick Phish songs out there and would love to jam out to them, but something tells me that I won't be able to using Wii and GH3. any help that someone can offer me, would be sincerely appreciated.

Any tips/suggestions on what I can do...online stuff; want to get more interactive, play more tunes etc. My skill level - can do all Easy and Medium songs (only playd the system for 3 days - not bad right?) Next stop, HARD.

I saw lots of rules on this board...sorry if I'm breaking them...but not sure where to go from here...

thanks..
JudgmentAngel0  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Is GH3 for Wii a GH stepchild? What's the deal? Reply with quote

doralevich wrote:
Hey all...So I'm pretty new to this Guitar Hero thing...just got GH3 for the Wii...Seems like we get shafted on all the cool features - can anyone shed some light on this for me...what I can and can't do wtih regards to DLC and custom songs etc. - don't think i can do anything.

I saw some sick Phish songs out there and would love to jam out to them, but something tells me that I won't be able to using Wii and GH3. any help that someone can offer me, would be sincerely appreciated.

Any tips/suggestions on what I can do...online stuff; want to get more interactive, play more tunes etc. My skill level - can do all Easy and Medium songs (only playd the system for 3 days - not bad right?) Next stop, HARD.

I saw lots of rules on this board...sorry if I'm breaking them...but not sure where to go from here...

thanks..
The Wii version of Guitar Hero 3 does not have any downloadable content. This means that you cannot get songs online. We also get inferior graphics. However, you can go online and rock out with friends and total strangers in the multiplayer modes.

Don't worry though, the Wii will be getting DLC in Guitar Hero World tour.
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is GH3 for Wii a GH stepchild? What's the deal? Reply with quote

doralevich wrote:

thanks..

JudgmentAngel0 wrote:
The Wii version of Guitar Hero 3 does not have any downloadable content. This means that you cannot get songs online. We also get inferior graphics. However, you can go online and rock out with friends and total strangers in the multiplayer modes.

Don't worry though, the Wii will be getting DLC in Guitar Hero World tour.

Welcome to Scorehero, you two!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Zero0o  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Compiled.. Reply with quote

I've compiled all the GH:WT videos here for you, in case you haven't seen the gameplay, the new guitar controller, the music studio, or whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gameplay Videos:
Hot For Teacher (Van Halen)
Santeria (Sublime)
Everlong (Foo Fighters)

Music Studio Videos (In 3 parts):
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Information you may not know (From Wikipedia):

Release date US October 27, 2008, EU October 28, 2008

Added Game Mechanics: The bass guitar player has been given new mechanics, including simulating the open E string on real bass guitars during play, indicated by a sixth note in the bass' note track and played by strumming without pressing a fret button.
A player on drums will activate Star Power by striking both cymbal pads on the controller at the same time. Because of velocity-sensitive drums, drummers will get special armored notes, that will give better score if they're hit harder then few before it. The drummer will also have special sections of songs open for drum solos, emphasized by in-game choreography that focuses on the drummer.

RedOctane is developing a new guitar controller for the game; the unit features a touchpad just below the normal five fret buttons along the neck of the guitar. According to IGN, this allows the player to alter the tone of sustained notes as well as simply tapping to play notes similar to mimicking slapping a bass.

Unlike competing games, such as Rock Band, downloadable tracks are available for all consoles, excluding the PS2.

Users will be able to use a "Create-a-Rocker" mode, based on the similar "Create-a-Skater" mode in Neversoft's Tony Hawk series.

Playable Characters:
Singer- Hayley Williams- Paramore
Guitarist- Jimi Hendrix
Both Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins and Travis Barker of Blink-182 and +44 have been shown doing motion capture for the game. A rumor at Consolehero.com suggests that the game will feature the band Tool, Ted Nugent, Sting, Ozzy Osbourne, and Zakk Wylde.

It has been confirmed that Line 6 will be allowing different sets of amplifiers to be used in Custom Songs mode, and that distortion and effects will be available for the first time in a Guitar Hero game. (This means ALL consoles, guys. The Wii isn't getting gimped at ALL this time.)

Songs:
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" Lenny Kravitz
"Everlong" Foo Fighters
"Hot for Teacher" Van Halen
"Never Too Late" The Answer
"One Armed Scissor" At The Drive-In
"Purple Haze" (Live) Jimi Hendrix
"Rebel Yell" Billy Idol
"Santeria" Sublime
"The Wind Cries Mary" Jimi Hendrix

A leak from a market research firm also mentioned that the game would feature The Doors, The Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, System of a Down, Ozzy Osbourne, Interpol and Muse.

Joe Satriani has said that Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 "have just licensed 'Satch Boogie' and 'Surfing with the Alien' for upcoming versions," according to an interview with Satriani in Guitar World Magazine.

It has also been confirmed that songs from Jimi Hendrix will be released as DLC, in addition to the ones already in the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured I'd compile this all for you guys, you seem to be confused as to why the Wii was getting gimped- it's not. There are no features that the Wii is not getting. It is equal in every way but graphics to the other console's games.

[/url]
DREWSUX  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

online band world tour sounds awesome
Latest: Hier Kommt Alex (GH3)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ChoclatyGoodnes
linkfreak16  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

nice ftw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Linkfreak16
Zero0o  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: nice Reply with quote

linkfreak16 wrote:
nice ftw

Whoa, your avatar destroyed the whole page, as cool as it is.
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...I'm confused...would you still be able to add vocals to songs you've made?

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
Akumu  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: nice Reply with quote

linkfreak16 wrote:
nice ftw

HOLY SHIT, IT'S THE JOKER, BATMAN!
Zero0o  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedTsunami wrote:
Wait...I'm confused...would you still be able to add vocals to songs you've made?

No. You can add a keyboard part that SOUNDS like vocals, but you can't actually add a singing part.
Guitarh4ck3r  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow :o

Well, I'm still leaning towards rb2, set-list wise, I MUST see the gh4 set-list before I make any decisions -.-
Kerrang  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit linkfreak16, your avatar big enough for you?
IceHockey  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PS2 for now ill have to get an xbox or PS3 just too play this haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: