ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Michigan Get-Together (YES, MICHIGAN GET-TOGETHER) Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ynomrah  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone wants to get together we can either chill at my house in detroit or set up something else.

aim buddahluva313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote southfield

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't so paranoid that something of mine would get stolen, I'd invite a few over to my place.
APASHER17  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rather not go to someones house to play GH and i dont know them, i feel unconfortable when i do that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APASHER17 wrote:
i rather not go to someones house to play GH and i dont know them, i feel unconfortable when i do that

It's not so much as being uncomfortable as being safe.

Really guys, I wouldn't put your house up. We'd be better off finding an organization to put up a tournament for us.
oct4v30n  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with MGOblue. No houses for me. We should find a nice hotel or an organization to go to. Now heres an idea. We talk to gamestop officials at a local store(Somewhere between Lapeer and Detroit/Flint) and get them to set up a midnight release for GH Metallica and we all meet up there at like 8-9 and chill untill midnight. We could get a full band set up on one tv and GH3 for PFO on another for a tourney. Also for the tournament everyone could pay like 20 bucks to enter and the winner gets a free copy of GH Metallica. Any one intrested in getting the ball rolling??? If so we need to get going before March!
APASHER17  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oct4v30n wrote:
I totally agree with MGOblue. No houses for me. We should find a nice hotel or an organization to go to. Now heres an idea. We talk to gamestop officials at a local store(Somewhere between Lapeer and Detroit/Flint) and get them to set up a midnight release for GH Metallica and we all meet up there at like 8-9 and chill untill midnight. We could get a full band set up on one tv and GH3 for PFO on another for a tourney. Also for the tournament everyone could pay like 20 bucks to enter and the winner gets a free copy of GH Metallica. Any one intrested in getting the ball rolling??? If so we need to get going before March!

thats an awesome idea! but we have to vote which gamestop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for Lapeer Gamestop. It is about 45 minutes from everyone going (so people up north don't have to drive all the way to Detroit) and also because I'm close friends with 2 employees there and could probally get a midnight release party set up. Anyone else???
APASHER17  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote Southfeild and Beverly Hills gamestop because im near both of them

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh guys, instead of holding it in gamestop, well hold it in Timbuktu Internet Cafe in Great Lakes Crossing Mall. its a perfect place to hold it, and well let gamestop sponser it. the link to the site is here: http://www.timbuktu-cafe.com/

sry for double posting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

sry for triple posting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APASHER17 wrote:
oh guys, instead of holding it in gamestop, well hold it in Timbuktu Internet Cafe in Great Lakes Crossing Mall. its a perfect place to hold it, and well let gamestop sponser it. the link to the site is here: http://www.timbuktu-cafe.com/

sry for double posting

I do remember talking to a Timbuktu guy at the Arts Beats and Eats tourney (oh what bad memories there).

I doubt the Gamestop and Timbuktu would collaborate on this. Gamestop may be tough because there may not be a big enough Gamestop to hold all of this. The only one I've been to is at Eastland, and that's pretty small. We may have to choose one or another.

Also, what about us Wii owners? We don't get GH:M until much later!

EDIT: I'd be willing to go to Lapeer (actually I should probably ask my parents if their willing, but I'll owrry about that later). If you could set that up, that would be excellent, especially if it could be ScoreHero members and guests only. UNLESS we could have a ScoreHero vs. general community challenge?
ynomrah  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you guys are all really young or something, or not be use to video game communities or having people over for video games (for instance me hosting street fighter fest, GGX2 fest, ssbm tournies, ssbb tournies, halo fest at my home), but i doubt id let someone walk out of my house with a fucking GH controller O_O.....or anything else for that matter. and its not about that tbh. its all about meeting new people and growing as a community. besides if it ever feels strange break the ice with talk of guitar hero...lol.

besides i serve fewd.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APASHER17 wrote:

i use to goto groves high school out in beverly hills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ynomrah wrote:
APASHER17 wrote:

i use to goto groves high school out in beverly hills

dude, i didnt know that, i go to Berkshire middle school
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: