Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
jamesw- I'M BACK, BABY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC! Do you think you can get BiM?

And also, I hate playing all the boring songs. I'm doing the same exact thing in GH2, FC the hard (for me ) songs first and then FC the easy ones when I feel like it.
jamesw  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt6662 wrote:
1b FC twice today eh?

I have one question... WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU FC'ED THIS ALREADY O.O Hell of a nice job james

Real runs of Ballroom Blitz are unbelievably harder. When I have 29 FC's, I will go for this, but until then I will just build consistency in practice when I'm bored.

snowyporpoise wrote:
Very impressive.

And you live in Aurora? Thats cool, I live in Burlington (other side of Toronto)

Yup! Mike1 lives really close to me too!

9001 wrote:
Nice FC! Do you think you can get BiM?

And also, I hate playing all the boring songs. I'm doing the same exact thing in GH2, FC the hard (for me ) songs first and then FC the easy ones when I feel like it.

Yep, I already have FC'd BiM.
I also just put BiM into practice, and FC'd the solo 3rd try. I might go for a re-fc for 200K one day, but that will be only once I have FC'd the rest of the game.

And yeah, hard songs are just more fun. Also, with easy songs, because they're easy, I try really hard to squeeze them, but that isn't as fun as playing the hard fun songs.

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I feel so stupid for not looking at your sig

And are there any songs besides BB that might give you problems?
jamesw  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
Wow, I feel so stupid for not looking at your sig

And are there any songs besides BB that might give you problems?

No worries

Electric eye solo D is VERY hard for me. It is very confusing and I've only hit it once before.

Round and Round is also very tough. It is full of WTF worthy solo's. Other than that, I have practiced every solo of every song and I am consistent at all of them. It's just a matter of FC'ing the full songs now.

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice play with me is probably the hardest non WTF song in 80s lol but seriously theres a pretty big gap between EE and PWM, an even bigger one between PWM and BiM, and an unbelievably ridiculous gap of difficulty between BiM and BB

ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, major congrats from me for that FC, and for having 2/3 hardest 80s FCs ! You can definitely get this game, the only hard thing left now is Ballroom Blitz, and as I can see, you'll get it in a week or so. Good luck with the FGFC !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
jamesw  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught in a Mosh has got to be one of the funnest songs to play, ever. I love it. I only have seventeen and Electric Eye to FC the final tier, and Seventeen is only a matter of time.

Also, I have now FC'd Ballroom Blitz's solo 8 times, so I tried some real runs, and I averaged -15 every time, which is awful. One run though, I missed a note in an SP phrase near the start of the song, and then got -2 in the solo, so I have a -3 on Ballroom Blitz. Don't expect an FC until I already have 29, though.

FC #9 Caught in a Mosh!
caught in a mosh fc

jamesw  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd all of Furious Fretwork in Rock's the 80's! That is Play With Me, Electric Eye, Seventeen, Caught in a Mosh, and Police truck all in over a week. The only songs that will give me trouble now are Round and Round and Ballroom Blitz (I am now up to 9 FC's of solo 1b ). This is awesome! Seventeen is such an epic song as well. Very fun solos. I got this an hour after Electric Eye. Also, I had mute on during the song because my brother was listening to music.

FC #13 Seventeen!
seventeen fc

Niiiice. This was such a bitch, it took 7 chokes after solo E to FC it. Oh well.

FC #12 Electric Eye!
electric eye FC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted the Electric Eye picture twice But nonetheless, great FCs there. I think you'll get R&R and BB in no time! The BB FC should be cake if you've FCd the solo 9 times and if you can FC all of those insane songs you can definitely FC R&R. Good luck!
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow dude congrats! I wish i could touch those fcs Especailly Electric Eye lol. Whats your method for solo A-D?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electric Eye is insane. And Seventeen is pretty freaking ridiculous too. Any tips on Solo 1C of Seventeen? And any tips on Solo A-E of Electric Eye? >_>

I play real guitar too. :P
jamesw  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
You posted the Electric Eye picture twice But nonetheless, great FCs there. I think you'll get R&R and BB in no time! The BB FC should be cake if you've FCd the solo 9 times and if you can FC all of those insane songs you can definitely FC R&R. Good luck!

Lol Fix'd

I think I'm gonna grind out all the easy songs now. Thanks 9001!

snowyporpoise wrote:
Wow dude congrats! I wish i could touch those fcs Especailly Electric Eye lol. Whats your method for solo A-D?

Chubbly457 wrote:
Electric Eye is insane. And Seventeen is pretty freaking ridiculous too. Any tips on Solo 1C of Seventeen? And any tips on Solo A-E of Electric Eye? >_>

Solo A is pure memorization and muscle memory. Also, if you pay attention to it, it is basically a collection of zig-zags.

For solo B, try tapping the random yellow note, although I don't normally.

Solo C's easy.

Solo D is the hardest solo... Adamhero told me to tap the highest note of each run to make it easier. The first two oranges, then the next blue, then move your left hand down and hit the GRY, then hit the quad with your left hand and tap the orange. Then hit the last quad of the solo all with your left hand, no tapping, and ignore the breaks in the timing of the solo.

Solo E, remember that in GH2 you can't cheat on ascending hammer-ons, so with your anchoring finger, move it up only when the red note is actually there, like in Jordan solo B. Elbow strum the start of the solo, and use whatever tapping finger you feel comfortable with to quickly tap all of the trills. Or, try tapping the higher trills with your tapping finger, alternating with the lowest one with your left hand, like Jameslikecoulter.

In Seventeen solo 1C, play in third position (middle finger on blue) and use the hammer-ons. It isn't too fast. Then slide down for the zig-zags at the end, and hope to get lucky.

jamesw  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT OMG
Tied with Lo7! Second person ever to hit both double squeezes, and on my first FC run too! I am so happy right now! This just took about an hour, and the third time I hit the first double squeeze, I hit the second one too, and almost shit my pants. This is so awesome! My only first ever! (Except if you count my Light That Blinds 1st on PS2, or that this score is a tie, which kinda blows).

FC #16 What I Like About You! 1st place!
what i like about you first

cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the 1st place, and FC for that matter, those chords rape my hand sideways.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
Chubbly457  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice squeezing!!!

I play real guitar too. :P
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: