ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
rock revolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erodyne  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt it will ever get its own section of SH. Seriously. It looks like a crappy game from the 2 seconds of the trailer I watched before my eyes started hurting from the graphics, and from what everyone said who has actually played it, it more than likely won't live up to GH and RB. At all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
DrivenInsane  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe it may look bland, sucky, rushed and shit, but come on, it's a Konami music game. They give more priority to music than graphics (even though there's Pop'n Music and its colorful cast). It's been like this since beatmania and DDR, why would it take such a sharp turn right now?

Anyway, even with that level of crappiness, I still think I'll take a look at this game. And the reason is simple: the soundtrack. Yea, I know, it's got a lotta stuff ripped off RB (and RB2, for that matter, even though their setlist came before RB2's), but some of their exclusive songs just gave me an orgasm.

Holy Wars, Stone Cold Crazy, Walk, Youth Gone Wild, Cum on Feel the Noize, All My Life... Well, The Spirit of Radio too, but those Konami fuckers won't let us sing in this game, so that wouldn't be quite the same level of fun as accompanying Geddy Lee's eloquence (come on, "begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive"... That to me is a blast to sing).

So I think, it might not be good, but I don't believe it's gonna be thoroughly bad either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrivenInsane wrote:
Well, maybe it may look bland, sucky, rushed and shit, but come on, it's a Konami music game. They give more priority to music than graphics (even though there's Pop'n Music and its colorful cast). It's been like this since beatmania and DDR, why would it take such a sharp turn right now?

Anyway, even with that level of crappiness, I still think I'll take a look at this game. And the reason is simple: the soundtrack. Yea, I know, it's got a lotta stuff ripped off RB (and RB2, for that matter, even though their setlist came before RB2's), but some of their exclusive songs just gave me an orgasm.

Holy Wars, Stone Cold Crazy, Walk, Youth Gone Wild, Cum on Feel the Noize, All My Life... Well, The Spirit of Radio too, but those Konami fuckers won't let us sing in this game, so that wouldn't be quite the same level of fun as accompanying Geddy Lee's eloquence (come on, "begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive"... That to me is a blast to sing).

So I think, it might not be good, but I don't believe it's gonna be thoroughly bad either.

I respect Konami, and I also respect their games. However, their way of trying to sell this (you would know if you love RB or at least keep up with current events) plus the content quality (i.e. all covers). Konami, as stated above, should've released game alongside with Bemani on this one. I would rather get a GF&DM than this if they decided to market it in the US with quality controllers.

I got owned.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 287882963981
DrivenInsane  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supernovamaniac wrote:
DrivenInsane wrote:

I respect Konami, and I also respect their games. However, their way of trying to sell this (you would know if you love RB or at least keep up with current events) plus the content quality (i.e. all covers). Konami, as stated above, should've released game alongside with Bemani on this one. I would rather get a GF&DM than this if they decided to market it in the US with quality controllers.

That'd make not quite a difference anyway. Only, they'd have bass added in (I know a bit about GF/DM, but never played it) and have a Western-audience soundtrack (it's absolutely not like every music game player would know most of the Japan-native songs).

Maybe they are indeed trying to cash in on RB's success, because I see they haven't put an effort. Don't misunderstand me, I grew up on games and Konami was one of the most prime-time game makers I ever met; thus, I do respect them too. But this is just what we're seeing of RR so far: a game whose decisive factor for success or failure is definitely the soundtrack.

And, for getting Stone Cold Crazy when no one else was caring about Queen, they've got a well-deserved win from me in this subject. But that's the deepest we know of the game as well, who knows how will it turn out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few videos now, I think its looks really awefull!
I mean just by looking at the track, for the upcomming notes, is really not that good.
Even the programmer herself fails at the E3 but the drummer is perfect.

I think Konami has made a lot of good stuff, but this they have to make about 10 times as good at least, to make it compare with Guitar Hero and Rock Band, considering they got allmost all the cool bands, and songs.

I am most a Guitar Hero fan because of the Difficulty there is in it. I haven't seen that in Rockband, but maybe it appears in Rock Band 2?

But ok.
To make a short resume:
This game is not good in my eyes
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a joke and will probably have really bad covers. I would rather just keep playing on my real plastic guitar.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KISSpwnsall  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics are shit
half the songs are from gh/rb
the upward fretboard is a big nono
definitley not a purchase for me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does have breaking benjamin though so thats a plus

Credit to Karatechess
MilkChan  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaultitup wrote:
it does have breaking benjamin though so thats a plus

That's a pretty big minus but that's just me and I hate most newer rock bands these days.
deathbat911  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock revolution looks like a rip off gh/rb.

the notes are colored raindrops and you will have to get tired of looking at the notes sometime.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO ONE would buy this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
NO ONE would buy this.
Well, some little boys might buy this seeing Dance Dance is on the setlist(Although they proally don't know what a cover is and expects the best)

The only real problem w/ Konami making a game like this is that Konami's base is in Japan. You don't know what we like. Sure, you could find out Konami, but that's not happenin'. Just put some Konami songs on RR2(read: ONLY KONAMI SONGS) and you might sell more than RR1...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
DYRE  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Raikri999"]
blackwidowcd wrote:
...Dance Dance is on the setlist...

By the way, isn't it a little bit odd that they have a cover of Dance, Dance, when they had a master of it in DDR:Supernova?
At least, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cover in that.
Exodist  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get it, I'll rent it at least though. Yeah, it's not gonna be very good but I bet I'll still enjoy it anyway, despite the Dance Mat style fret boards. But it looks worth a go, it can't be THAT bad can it?
Thrice  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of achievements for those who care:

http://inside.mygamercard.net/2008/09/13/rock-revolution-achievements-look-familiar/

It seems you can score 1,000,000 points on a single song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: