ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
people in the columbus, ohio area want to play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:

We could always ask the Best Buy on Morse Road to throw the tournament. It would have to be on a TV without latency, though.

For real. The tournament I played in at Best Buy had a ton o' lag. It just wasn't that much fun. We could try to get one of those GHOUL sponsorships. Too bad there's another GHOUL tournament in Ohio around that time up in Kent. Who knows, though. They'd probably be up for it.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Huwonk wrote:

We could always ask the Best Buy on Morse Road to throw the tournament. It would have to be on a TV without latency, though.

For real. The tournament I played in at Best Buy had a ton o' lag. It just wasn't that much fun. We could try to get one of those GHOUL sponsorships. Too bad there's another GHOUL tournament in Ohio around that time up in Kent. Who knows, though. They'd probably be up for it.

I think we all need to enter that tournament, then! With it being at a hotel, I bet that would be a crazy amount of fun. I wonder if they serve alcohol (Not an alcoholic!). Sounds like a pretty organized thing... I'd still like to throw one before that, though.

Speaking of crazy amounts of fun, since you live right off of OSU campus do you go to many concerts in the area? I went to the CD101 Summerfest show on Saturday. It sucked, though... I go to shows at Newport and Promowest fairly regularly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go to Wing Zing at the L.C. aka Promowest Pavilion? I went there and saw Ted Nugent, I was in the "pit" in front of the stage and I couldn't hear out of my left ear for a week after haha.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
Did you go to Wing Zing at the L.C. aka Promowest Pavilion? I went there and saw Ted Nugent, I was in the "pit" in front of the stage and I couldn't hear out of my left ear for a week after haha.

Nope... I've never really listened to that much Nugent. I like it, but I'm no fan or anything. And it'll always be Promowest to me.

I really want to go to the Of Montreal concert next month... *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really considering going to see Def Leppard and Journey Sept. 10th at Germain aka Polaris Amphitheater. Also, Joe Walsh is coming in November. I'm into classic rock... I can't wait 'til ACzDC comes again, they are on tour and Columbus is one of their dates.

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:

I think we all need to enter that tournament, then! With it being at a hotel, I bet that would be a crazy amount of fun. I wonder if they serve alcohol (Not an alcoholic!). Sounds like a pretty organized thing... I'd still like to throw one before that, though.

Speaking of crazy amounts of fun, since you live right off of OSU campus do you go to many concerts in the area? I went to the CD101 Summerfest show on Saturday. It sucked, though... I go to shows at Newport and Promowest fairly regularly.

Yeah, that tournament might be fun. I haven't checked if you saw what I posted about it in the tournament thread yet, but I'll just recap here. The actual tournament is only going to be Saturday and maybe part of Sunday if there are a lot of people in it (Nov. 4th and 5th). So I may go for Saturday and Sunday and just stay the weekend with my parents up here (free lodging!).

And about the concerts, I go to the Newport fairly often whenever there's a punk or metal show to my liking. One of my roommates is in a punk band that plays at local clubs, too, so I sometimes go to smaller places as well.

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys have heard of Capitol Sound, but it is a kick ass blues/jazz band from Columbus. They were at Wing Zing and did covers of Stevie Ray Vaughan's version of Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) and Stevie's Pride 'N Joy! Their guitarist is really good though, they played Crossroads and it sounded better than the cover on Guitar Hero.

Anyone have any details on if a GH2 tournament is possible at the end of November or at the beginning of December at the Best Buy on Morse Rd? Maybe one of us should contact them and ask if it's a possibilty?

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear dspoonrt,

You better get to work or I'm going to pass you!!!

Thanks,
Noah aka Huwonk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Dear dspoonrt,

You better get to work or I'm going to pass you!!!

Thanks,
Noah aka Huwonk

Yeah, yeah, yeah... My friends and I are all turning 21 at once. It's hard to focus. I haven't even played in days. I'll work on it sooner or later. I can feel a surge of scores coming on.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing about drinking is that it stays fun. My friend hierarchy is kind of weird, because all of my best friends are 23-24, but one of my best friends has a little brother that just turned 21. Basically it's a party every weekend, anyway. Are you up at home now or are you back in Columbus? Once you're back in school we definitely need to grab a beer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QFT. Drinking rules. I'm heading back to Columbus next week around Wednesday or Thursday. After that if you're ever heading into Columbus to a bar or something, just drop me a message on here ahead of time and I'd be glad to drink a bar or six with ya.

wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some other people in the Ohio area here

I currently live in Greenville (little PoS town about 100 miles west of Columbus), and am just about to move to Richmond, IN (about the same distance from Columbus though).

I will definitely be interested in getting together for some GH action - the only "competitive" GH thing I have done was the GH tournament at this years GenCon in Indianapolis (which I won fairly easily), so it should be fun playing with/against some of you folks who are quite a bit better than I am)

Hopefully we can arrange something, as I think it will be a lot of fun!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where Greenville is. I think Urbana (where I currently live) plays them in football. I'm getting ready to move at the end of this month, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
I know where Greenville is. I think Urbana (where I currently live) plays them in football. I'm getting ready to move at the end of this month, though.

Me too - but really just down the road (Richmond, Indiana). I have just bought my first home there, SO I'm going to have to scrimp and save to see if I can make the Kent, OH tourney, but it would be pretty cool if we could, and the boardmembers DOMINATE!!!!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tourney is going on in Kent? That'd probably be a 2 1/2-3 hour drive for me, but I live in Rockford, OH, so that's under 2 hours (I think) away from Richmond.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: