ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
people in the columbus, ohio area want to play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
What tourney is going on in Kent? That'd probably be a 2 1/2-3 hour drive for me, but I live in Rockford, OH, so that's under 2 hours (I think) away from Richmond.

It's a G.H.O.U.L tournament somebody up near Cleveland is organising - November 2-5th (although apparently 4th and 5th are the only two days of actual competition)...

I would really like to go - will have to see how the finances hold though
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe, you're getting really damn good, man. You're going to pass me really soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, im nowhere near most of the people here in skill, but I am the old president of the guitar players club at OSU, so if we have a columbus area tourney gimme a call (330) 704- 3711 and I can get the word out to a whole bunch of guitarists (who tend to have a shared interest in this here game) and get the attendance way up.

also:
Quote:
Did you go to Wing Zing at the L.C. aka Promowest Pavilion? I went there and saw Ted Nugent, I was in the "pit" in front of the stage and I couldn't hear out of my left ear for a week after haha.

I work at Newport, Promo, and Schottenstein center, so I see alot of shows at all those places. I did backstage security at the wing zing and got lots of free wings AND i met and shook hands with Mr Nugent.

:-P
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so jealous. Nugent is one of my guitar heros. I just recently learned how to play the studio version of Stranglehold all the way through. Can you get me a job at the L.C.? Mr. Green

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, damn Wulfe. You are getting up there. I need to start playing more. I Just moved back down to OSU and I've been getting ready for classes to start, buying stuff, meeting with advisors because I just changed my major, and drinking a lot.

Huwonk, if you still wanna come up and go to a bar or something, I'll be frequenting McFadden's in the Gateway near 10th and High on Tuesdays from 4-9 (25 cent drafts from 4 -5 and they go up a quarter every hour I believe). But I'd be up to going anywhere really. I live right near the Gateway, too. If some people wanna come over, we could have a mini tournament or just play one night. Maybe get drunk and see who can get the highest percentage on COTC or TBW.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Yeah, damn Wulfe. You are getting up there. I need to start playing more. I Just moved back down to OSU and I've been getting ready for classes to start, buying stuff, meeting with advisors because I just changed my major, and drinking a lot.

Huwonk, if you still wanna come up and go to a bar or something, I'll be frequenting McFadden's in the Gateway near 10th and High on Tuesdays from 4-9 (25 cent drafts from 4 -5 and they go up a quarter every hour I believe). But I'd be up to going anywhere really. I live right near the Gateway, too. If some people wanna come over, we could have a mini tournament or just play one night. Maybe get drunk and see who can get the highest percentage on COTC or TBW.

We're so going to get hammered together. My friends and I were on the VIP list for McFadden's grand opening. If you're in the area September 29th, you should meet up with us. One of my friends is turning 24 and we'll be in that vicinity. Probably mostly Larry's/4 Kegs/Bento, but we may head over to Skye Bar etc...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
wuLFe, you're getting really damn good, man. You're going to pass me really soon.

Last night as it happens - upped my score by about 100K

on the other hand, I move tomorrow, so I'll be AFGC (Away from Guitar Controller ) for a week or two, so you have plenty of time to overtake me...

Also, it's getting to the point where i don't know where I can scrape more score from - my goal is to get to 12 mil, but I don't know - I'm thinking CfH is going to be my saviour on this

Perhaps when I'm able to play once again we should look into setting up a rivalry (perhaps a menage a trois with rabies )
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Huwonk wrote:

Last night as it happens - upped my score by about 100K

on the other hand, I move tomorrow, so I'll be AFGC (Away from Guitar Controller ) for a week or two, so you have plenty of time to overtake me...

Also, it's getting to the point where i don't know where I can scrape more score from - my goal is to get to 12 mil, but I don't know - I'm thinking CfH is going to be my saviour on this

Perhaps when I'm able to play once again we should look into setting up a rivalry (perhaps a menage a trois with rabies )

Funny enough I move at the end of next week, so I'll be AFGC for at least a week or so. On the bright side, once my move is done only one more month until Guitar Hero 2! Woo hoo! Plus the new place is much nicer and closer to Columbus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:

We're so going to get hammered together. My friends and I were on the VIP list for McFadden's grand opening. If you're in the area September 29th, you should meet up with us. One of my friends is turning 24 and we'll be in that vicinity. Probably mostly Larry's/4 Kegs/Bento, but we may head over to Skye Bar etc...

Sounds good. I love Larry's. They didn't card me for all of last year. Bless their hearts.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time Larry's sucks is when there is live music (and hence a cover charge). It's just way too loud to be enjoyable. I think Larry's is my favorite bar in that area. Either way, if you were ever there on a Friday night last year around this time, I probably saw you.

And of course Sake Bombs at Bento FTW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: