ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
help with photo linking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: help with photo linking Reply with quote

I've been putting pictures up in my accomplishment thread for a while now using imageshack, but I ran out of room on my account there and so have started using a group on MSN to store my pics. It works fine for score submissions, since the urls seem to work fine, but I can't get the pictures to actually show on the website.

For direct linking, it works fine, like this:

http://groups.msn.com/GHpicturesforproof/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhotoOnly&PhotoID=97

or this:

Psychobilly Freakout FC

but when I try to make the image appear, this happens:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/GHpicturesforproof/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhotoOnly&PhotoID=97[/img]

please help me with this, I really liked being able to put the pics directly into my thread!

thanks

jesse0986  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could right-click on the image and select "View Image" if you're using Firefox. That'll open up a new tab in which ONLY the image will be shown, along with the URL at the top.

That link will usually end in .jpg or whatever the extension is, which means you're directly linking the image. Although when I do it with this particular link/image, it's an obnoxiously long URL and it doesn't end in .jpg (should still work, I've done this before with some Photobucket images that ended in weird numbers and stuff).

EDIT: Disregard all that, it didn't work.
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nice try anyway jesse, thanks for the help.

Any other suggestions people might have? I really just can't understand this, and I don't even need a solution, just an explanation.

Thanks

footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't explain what's going on with MSN but for whatever reason the image can't be linked to directly (I even tried going to your album/group and getting a link there but when I viewed image it just gave me a huge url with no jpg to be found).

I'd recommend using photobucket and after uploading just click on the little direct link box and use that link for anything on the forums.
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
I can't explain what's going on with MSN but for whatever reason the image can't be linked to directly (I even tried going to your album/group and getting a link there but when I viewed image it just gave me a huge url with no jpg to be found).

I'd recommend using photobucket and after uploading just click on the little direct link box and use that link for anything on the forums.

Yeah, I was using imageshack but I guess I ran out of space because all of my old pics got corrupted or something. I was hoping I could switch over to this msn account since I already had it, but I guess I'll just go sign up for photobucket instead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: