Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Xbox is making me change my Gamertag.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDojoLoach  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Xbox is making me change my Gamertag. Reply with quote

So a while ago I made an xbox live account just to mess around on, not a serious account to get achievments or anything. The account name was PORKMONKEY69. I made it around late January, Early February. So about two weeks ago I got disconnected from xbox live and it wouldn't let me sign in until I changed my gamertag. Now, I piss ALOT of people off on xbox live (team killing and things like that) so I figured that people were filing name complaints to get back at me, so I didn't think anything of it. So I changed it to PORKMONKEE69 with two "e"s instead of"ey". Everything was fine until today. The same thing happened, I got disconnected and I had to change my name again. This time we called xbox to ask them why we kept having to change it because our name doesn't violate any rules but we keep having to change it. So after alot of bs, the guy basically said that the system scanned through our name and it must have read the "69" at the end of the gamertag and said "DO NOT WANT" and made us change it again. He said that we can have the same name because there is nothing wrong with it, just take the 69 off. I had no problem with that (even though 69 is just a number like 12 or 55.) I changed it to P0RK M0NKEY and all was fine. So about 10 minutes ago, I get the SAME message. I can't sign in until I change it. I am so pissed off right now. What the hell should I do? Porkmonkey is apparantly against the rules for whatever reason and I really don't want to change it but that looks like what I am going to have to do. What do you guys think?
xBaDxHackeRx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Xbox is making me change my Gamertag. Reply with quote

TheDojoLoach wrote:
So a while ago I made an xbox live account just to mess around on, not a serious account to get achievments or anything. The account name was PORKMONKEY69. I made it around late January, Early February. So about two weeks ago I got disconnected from xbox live and it wouldn't let me sign in until I changed my gamertag. Now, I piss ALOT of people off on xbox live (team killing and things like that) so I figured that people were filing name complaints to get back at me, so I didn't think anything of it. So I changed it to PORKMONKEE69 with two "e"s instead of"ey". Everything was fine until today. The same thing happened, I got disconnected and I had to change my name again. This time we called xbox to ask them why we kept having to change it because our name doesn't violate any rules but we keep having to change it. So after alot of bs, the guy basically said that the system scanned through our name and it must have read the "69" at the end of the gamertag and said "DO NOT WANT" and made us change it again. He said that we can have the same name because there is nothing wrong with it, just take the 69 off. I had no problem with that (even though 69 is just a number like 12 or 55.) I changed it to P0RK M0NKEY and all was fine. So about 10 minutes ago, I get the SAME message. I can't sign in until I change it. I am so pissed off right now. What the hell should I do? Porkmonkey is apparantly against the rules for whatever reason and I really don't want to change it but that looks like what I am going to have to do. What do you guys think?

Change it to TheDojoLoach?

Hardware Forum Lurker
TrashedAndGashed  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunnyRainbowkitty

If you do i'll marry you over the internet.

In all seriousness, just make it your scorehero account if you want. Or a song you like. Whatever you want. I still like SunnyRainbowkitty.. That would make people think you are homosexual just because people on xbox are douchebags and think those things. Which always entertains me.

Also this would probably be better suited in Gaming discussion. You know.. Gamertag. Gaming Discussion. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can make it hilarious.. Like:

Ajucy P. Ness

A guy in Ratchet: Deadlocked online had that username and i was laughing on the floor for 5 minutes.

Hardware Forum Lurker
TheDojoLoach  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrashedAndGashed wrote:
SunnyRainbowkitty

In all seriousness, just make it your scorehero account if you want. Or a song you like. Whatever you want. I still like SunnyRainbowkitty.. That would make people think you are homosexual just because people on xbox are douchebags and think those things. Which always entertains me.

Also this would probably be better suited in Gaming discussion. You know.. Gamertag. Gaming Discussion. >_>

I rather like that name >_>. I wasn't sure where it would belong. I didn't want this to turn into a "this would be a good name" thread. Should I keep calling xbox and complaining? Should I just change it even though there is nothing wrong with my current name?
xBaDxHackeRx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDojoLoach wrote:
TrashedAndGashed wrote:
SunnyRainbowkitty

I rather like that name >_>. I wasn't sure where it would belong. I didn't want this to turn into a "this would be a good name" thread. Should I keep calling xbox and complaining? Should I just change it even though there is nothing wrong with my current name?

You should call them, tbh. Ask them if it's a glitch, and throw some names at them to check if those will be requested to be changed.

EDIT: BTW, if you have your name as SunnyRainbowKitty, remember he/she will marry you.. over the internet.

Hardware Forum Lurker
brad16752  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you have to pay every time you changed your Gamertag? Also just to confirm, all your achievements/saved game data from your old Gamertag is on your new Gamertag, correct?
TheDojoLoach  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad16752 wrote:
So did you have to pay every time you changed your Gamertag? Also just to confirm, all your achievements/saved game data from your old Gamertag is on your new Gamertag, correct?
\

I have never had to pay for anything but 12 month card I originally bought for the account. All of my acheivements and such are still on the account.
brad16752  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDojoLoach wrote:
brad16752 wrote:
\

I have never had to pay for anything but 12 month card I originally bought for the account. All of my acheivements and such are still on the account.

So you were able to change the Gamertag for free? Or did you just create a new Gamertag?
TheDojoLoach  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad16752 wrote:
TheDojoLoach wrote:
brad16752 wrote:
\

So you were able to change the Gamertag for free? Or did you just create a new Gamertag?

Everytime I have had to change my gamertag, it is free. If you get enough people to file a complaint against your name, you have to change it. That is how some people who don't like their name, go about changing it. But according to the xbox customer rep that I talked to, the "system" found something in my name that was against the rules.
McLovin69  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol havent made me change mine yet . GHMcLovin69... ftw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most things microsoft comes up with/ makes, their language censoring is laughable. My friend wasn't allowed to put the word "spike" or "blizzard" in his motto, or halo 3 video description. Also, why would 69 be bad, it's just another number. God, microsoft really needs to realize all these mistakes. But judging by their 36o failure rate, and computer inferiority, they will never realize them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea man I know Exactly what your going through. They made me change mine 4 times. It went from TEABAGGINDRAGON to T3ABAG1NDRAGON to TBAG1NDRAGON and know I joined a clan right when I got my name changed. So trust me I know how it feels.
100 Expert Drum FCs [92]
200 Guitar FCs [176]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VOD T3ABG1N
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having seen Clerks 2, the only logical explanation I can give you, is that it ressembles the racial slur "porchmonkey" too much. Could be another reason though. Don't have an 360 so I wouldn't know.

LordMathias  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Xbox is making me change my Gamertag. Reply with quote

TheDojoLoach wrote:
Now, I piss ALOT of people off on xbox live (team killing and things like that) so I figured that people were filing name complaints to get back at me, so I didn't think anything of it.

This is most likely what happened. A lot of gamers on XBL know damn well that simply filing a regular complaint against someone rarely works, so most likely what they did was submit one, if not multiple, complaint against your gamertag for being "offensive," and they might have gone so far as to get their friends to do the same. To be honest, I've seen MUCH more offensive gamertags out there.

Moral of the story: don't be a team-killing fucktard (RvB reference, obv. >_>), unless of course you play Halo with other SH people, where betrayals are what we do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: