SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: Creating a GH or RB Chart Using FeedBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MilesPrower13  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guide guys! It's very useful.

by the way, I notified FeedBack works with your guitar controller so of you prefer to use your guitar instead your keyboard, you can. Well, G R Y B O notes works (Press 'em and you'll mark it as you're pressing 1 2 3 4 5), up strum is used to come back on the fretboard, down strum is used to go forwards on your fretboard, Back is used for the ESC Menu, and Start is used to start playback.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: IdioticN00B
scytale  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful guide, putting it to practice right now, thanks.
While I'm typing here, is there a thread that acts like a glossary? There are a few abbreviations and expression I don't understand, such as HOPO.

Great work!
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the abbreviation thread.

HOPO is Hammer-on/Pull-off, though.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
19guitarhero94  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Hammer Ons and Pull Offs Reply with quote

Hey. Good guide but i was wandering if you knew how to edit and change the hammer ons and pull offs in the charts.

Thanks.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hammer Ons and Pull Offs Reply with quote

19guitarhero94 wrote:
Hey. Good guide but i was wandering if you knew how to edit and change the hammer ons and pull offs in the charts.

Thanks.

THE FIRST POST wrote:
FeedBack does not create or decide HOPOs! The Guitar Hero engine decides which notes are HOPOs when you put the chart into the game! dB does, however, give a visual representation of what should be a HOPO (if you’re using the GH3 engine, it might not always be accurate in dB; that engine is nuts!).

icykun  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide, I just made my first tab with it and it came out very well in my opinion.
Thank you for making this.

Icykun
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little curious, I've never used anchors before (beyond experimenting and failing), but I do NOT want to chart eight minutes of BPM drift without them.

My problem lies in that there is no back beat or drummer, so am I listening for emphasis?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes it really hard, I have to admit. In fact, I would go so far as to say if this is your first chart you should pick a different song and come back to this one later. Chart out a couple others (preferably with drums!) so you get the feel of anchors and what waveforms look like in different scenarios. Then come back and try this one!

Auriscope  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
That makes it really hard, I have to admit. In fact, I would go so far as to say if this is your first chart you should pick a different song and come back to this one later. Chart out a couple others (preferably with drums!) so you get the feel of anchors and what waveforms look like in different scenarios. Then come back and try this one!

Nah, it's not my very first chart if that's what you mean, I have made ~15, but normal BPM changes were sufficient to sync them properly. However, it's probably a good idea to come back later. Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question on anchors, should I always change the new anchors' bpm to match the calculated bpm from the anchor before it? Like with the first anchor, you said you changed its bpm to the calculated bpm dB made for the start of a song, so the anchor we add after this new one, should we change it's bpm to the bpm of the anchor before it?

Visit My Thread for Custom charts, characters, screens, guitars, and fretboards!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: liveafterdeth
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killers777 wrote:
Quick question on anchors, should I always change the new anchors' bpm to match the calculated bpm from the anchor before it? Like with the first anchor, you said you changed its bpm to the calculated bpm dB made for the start of a song, so the anchor we add after this new one, should we change it's bpm to the bpm of the anchor before it?

Yes, unless you think you it's close enough for you to accurately place the next anchor.

IMO it should auto-change as a feature of dB 1.0.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killers777 wrote:

I do it to an extent. Ideally the BPM won't wander too much in a song so it's not a big deal. Say a song is at 140bpm and the anchor calculates the last section I did at 141.79bpm - I would just set the new BPM to 142.

Killers777  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. So throughout all the anchors, I should change a new anchors bpm to resemble more of the previous calculated one?

EDIT: I successfully anchored the song and every thing looks great so far!

Visit My Thread for Custom charts, characters, screens, guitars, and fretboards!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: liveafterdeth
CaStiLzOr  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the "GENERATE SILENCE" Key????

I just clicked on "generate" and then "silence" (added) 2000 on the S+ samples....... and now... to the next step... where is that key??...

thanks
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaStiLzOr wrote:
Where is the "GENERATE SILENCE" Key????

I just clicked on "generate" and then "silence" (added) 2000 on the S+ samples....... and now... to the next step... where is that key??...

thanks
Uh...are you talking about the "OK" button? In 1.3 beta you should use the "hh:mm:ss + milliseconds" option and press OK when you're done. In 1.2 (stable) there's not different options, you just type in the time and press "Generate Silence".
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: