ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Pokemon Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stagewna  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pokemon silver was the best ever.
and is weezing even good? i cant see that combo working.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been a big fan of pokémon for a long time. I've had most games, but now I've lost a few of them, sadly the ones that actually had any good pokemon on them. Here's what I've had:

Gameboy:
Pokemon Red (I borrowed this from my friend for a month or so. It was my first game, except for the cards)
Pokemon Blue (occasionally my save just disappears on this one)
Pokemon Yellow (the first game I owned. Doesn't work anymore)
Pokemon Gold (251 pokemon! But the save disappeared eventually)
Pokemon Silver (yay, this one actually works!)
Pokemon Crystal

Gameboy Advance:
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Leaf Green (lost)
Pokemon Fire Red (lost both of these at the same time and obviously I had all the pokemon I had worked so hard on during this generation on one of them)

Gamecube:
Pokemon Colosseum (snagged and purified all pokemon)
Pokemon XD (same here)
Pokemon Box

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl (lost, and this was the one I had put some work into. Hopefully it's still around somewhere)
Pokemon Dash (sucks)
Pokemon Link!/Pokemon Trozei! (sucks)

So basically all work I've put into pokemon is lost. I have no idea how I could have lost so many. Maybe someone stole them. The only game I've played this year is crystal, and that's just a little. With this streak of bad luck I've gotten a bit tired of starting over on a new paper. But when platinum comes, I'll be there again and buy it the first day it's out and have a playthrough. Also my favourite generation is #2 for the reasons that Rikuthemaster posted. Generation 3 sucked the most, but I did enjoy the gamecube games a bit at least (and FR&LG were good, but they were only remakes). I never bothered to EV train, but if I ever get back to playing pokemon much, I'll give it a shot.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own Leaf Green and Sapphire for the GBA. I haven't quite beaten Sapphire yet, but this is more due to my own lack of effort than anything else. I just need to grind a little more so Steven's walls don't slow me down as much. Easy but tedious. :/ I also have Pokemon Snap. While not exactly a long game, I do find it fun and it reminded me of renting it in my youth.

The GBA is backwards-compatible with Game Boy games, am I correct? If so, I'll probably pick up Gold or Silver at some point, and perhaps Crystal. I also may pick up a Pokemon game for the GCN at some point.

I never really got into the competitive side of battling. Nobody to battle against.

I also still have a lot of my cards and still remember how to play. Pathetic? >.>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only own Crystal and Diamond.

I think I have an invulnerable um... Ghost thing? The one with the rock?

My friend had a pokemon maker, so I abused it for an advantage in the battle tower.

I'll try to use my neighbor's wifi and see if I can still remember any good strategies. Some of you guys would probably own me, even my hacked stuff.

Another test:

Dunsparce@Metronome
Timid | I forgot the EVs

-Trump Card
-Flail
-Substitute
-Roost

To make up for lack of EVs, it's stats:

HP-404, ATK-215, DEF-228, SPA-198, SPD-198, SPEED-207

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i owned Red Version with its epic Rare candy cheat
Missing No has appeared
also on red version i had a Mew(6 in fact)

i had all level 100's on Gold version without gameshark
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
isolated999  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have Ruby and LeafGreen (lost)
Anyone know if I should keep mudkip as mudkip till he gets hydro pump at 42?

Shoulder to the Plow XBass Failure stats (yes I'm keeping track <_<)
Outro FCs while missing during the Solo: 2
Outro Chokes: 15
Other various misses: ~50

Currently At: 80/84 RB2 XBass FCs
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanticide wrote:
I own Leaf Green and Sapphire for the GBA. I haven't quite beaten Sapphire yet, but this is more due to my own lack of effort than anything else. I just need to grind a little more so Steven's walls don't slow me down as much. Easy but tedious. :/ I also have Pokemon Snap. While not exactly a long game, I do find it fun and it reminded me of renting it in my youth.

The GBA is backwards-compatible with Game Boy games, am I correct? If so, I'll probably pick up Gold or Silver at some point, and perhaps Crystal. I also may pick up a Pokemon game for the GCN at some point.

I never really got into the competitive side of battling. Nobody to battle against.

I also still have a lot of my cards and still remember how to play. Pathetic? >.>

Yes it is.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EskimoTrousers  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stagewna wrote:

Weezing is more of a UU competitor but he could work as a OU Sp. Attacker or wall.

He does have a base 120 Defense and a fairly good movepool and can take care of heracross and is resistent many strong and common attacks in the metagame such ass close combat, megahorn, earthquake, focus punch, etc.
Evilwii  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskimoTrousers wrote:
Stagewna wrote:

Weezing is more of a UU competitor but he could work as a OU Sp. Attacker or wall.

He does have a base 120 Defense and a fairly good movepool and can take care of heracross and is resistent many strong and common attacks in the metagame such ass close combat, megahorn, earthquake, focus punch, etc.
spiritomb walls better and sweeps in my opinion. now my Q is does this kid know the tiers
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Pokemon also contains a lot of math and stuff. See www.psypokes.com

I love the amnesia attack game on that site. I've named all the RBY pokemon and come within 2 pokemon in the GSC generation. It's fun to see how much of that stuff I remember.

Also, how many people here know about Pokemon Netbattle? You can download it here: http://tvsian.info/netbattle/download.htm. It's fun to create teams and battle against other people online.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard about Netbattle, but I dont use it.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carbonatedasian  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a DS and Pokemon Diamond. I just beat the team galactic leader, and am on my way to mount coronet to capture Dialga. GETTING FUN!
Play More GH: A ( )
GT: DwarfishMuggle
Feel free to add me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DwarfishMuggle PSN Name: DwarfishMuggle
Benedettosoxfan  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously think that Pokemon is still to this day one of the best game trilogies ever made. I was never a huge collector and I only have Yellow Crystal (still play every day) and Ruby. My favorite is crystal.
I like Ruby a lot but I think they tried too hard on it. What may I ask was wrong with pokegear or whatever? Pokenav? Did anyone once ever utter one complaint before? Also I LOOOOOOVE the radio in crystal. I would always play password (easiest game ever). The only part I don't like about it is that battle tower is impossible. Battle tower was without a doubt the best feature of Ruby.
Ah... good times.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Benedettosoxfan
Send me a request!
TQSG  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who played Diamond and Pearl.

Does anybody else agree that they were a little.... easier, than the past games? In terms of going through the story and such.

I hope somebody knows what I mean.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree. I still haven't finished Diamond yet, but I've just beaten the eighth Gym Leader, and it really didn't take too long. Considering I spent a lot of time simply mucking around with the new features (I swear I spent half an hour in Amity Square with my Buneary <_<), I still got to where I am pretty damn quickly. Hell, I even started EV training a couple of Pokemon ready for my super-ultra-mega-team.

I'm still trying to decide on the final line-up though. I had a large pool of Pokemon to choose from which I liked, and I worked from there. I haven't determined what to EV train for them all yet, but it's a start. Also, bear in mind that I'm using Dragonite for two reasons. One, I like Dragonite more, and two, it feels almost like cheating to use Salamence yet again. <_> I also still haven't confirmed a few, including the Jolteon and Espeon. Also, I considered using Vaporeon or Starmie rather than Milotic, but I like Milotic more, and the stats are pretty damn good too, especially Special Defence.

JOLTEON (?)
EV training:
Must have XXXX nature.
Moveset:

ARCANINE
EV training:
240 Special Attack
192 Speed
78 Defence
Must have Intimidate.
Must have either Modest (+Sp Atk, -Atk) or Timid (+Spd, -Atk) nature.
Moveset:
Extremespeed/Will-o-wisp/Toxic - Sunny Day - Solarbeam - Flamethrower

MILOTIC
EV training:
Must have Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk) nature.
Moveset:
Recover - Ice Beam - Surf - Attract

CROBAT
EV training:
220 Defence
220 Special Defence
70 Attack
Must have either Impish (+Def, -Sp. Atk) or Careful (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk) nature.
Moveset:
Cross Poison/Poison Fang - Screech (?) (possibly Toxic, or take the other move from Mean Look/Haze) - Confuse Ray - Mean Look/Haze

DRAGONITE
EV training:
160 Defence
160 Speed
140 Attack
50 Special Defence
Must have either Impish (+Def, -Sp. Atk), Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk) or Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk) nature.
Moveset:
Fire Punch (?) (covers 4x Ice weakness, but switching would probably still be best)
Roost (?)
Dragon Dance (?) - Safeguard - Outrage - Earthquake

ESPEON
EV training:
220 Special Attack
220 Speed
40 Defence
30 Special Defence
Must have Modest nature.
Moveset:
Psychic - Morning Sun - Calm Mind - Light Screen/Reflect

Sorry for compressing it all together and making the font smaller, but I realised just how big the post would be otherwise. What do you reckon?

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 2 of 54

Jump to: